Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: What reception will Ledley get ..?

Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:44 am

i'll clap him :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:56 am

I ain't going don't do Friendlies. They are boring worthless to a watching supporter and very over priced. But for those that attend should give him a warm welcome. IMO

Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:57 am

Midfield general wrote:I hope he gets a big booooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Don't see why he needs to be booed.....he got us the goal that took us to the Cup Final, he should always be respected for that..

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:00 am

I personally dont think he will get anything - whether its a boo or a cheer or clap

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:05 am

Ledley did nothing wrong, Cardiff were faffing about with his contract, celtic made him an unbelievable offer that none of us would have turned down - £28k a week is an offer to twist anyone's head!!

Ledley will always get my respect as he always gave 100% to Cardiff :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:18 am

Midfield general wrote:I hope he gets a big booooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

For what reason? For giving everything he could to us? For getting us to a cup final? For being a great little player for us? For being a Cardiff boy who wasn't offered a contract at the club he loves so going somewhere that would offer him one, and a very good one at that? Or another reason?

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:22 am

can someone explain to me what ledley did wrong

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:22 am

Merlin wrote:Ledley did nothing wrong, Cardiff were faffing about with his contract, celtic made him an unbelievable offer that none of us would have turned down - £28k a week is an offer to twist anyone's head!!

agreed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:26 am

rorkes drift wrote:can someone explain to me what ledley did wrong

I for one have absolutely no idea. Maybe one of the reasons he left (apart from the lack of a contract) is because he thought that some of the fans didn't appreciate all that he did for the club and if your own fans can't appreciate that, then are you left with any option but to leave. And who would blame him?

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:54 am

i for one wouldnt clap him if im honest, i feel after we rejected the £6m bid from stoke, he seemed like bothroyd, he was a different player, not as good.

if he gave 100% every game he would be a premiership class player and i honestly believe his career has gone downhill, celtic are not going to make him a better player.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:00 am

I have to admit I was one of his haters when he left, but would not boo him. He did what he had to do and the club didn't help at the time. I hope I'll be able to welcome him back :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:21 am

Merlin wrote:Ledley did nothing wrong, Cardiff were faffing about with his contract, celtic made him an unbelievable offer that none of us would have turned down - £28k a week is an offer to twist anyone's head!!

well said :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:34 am

Cant see why anyone would boo him. DJ and Co didn't offer him fair money for a true asset. I for one will give him a clap, never did anything wrong for Cardiff. Plus who knows, we may see him pull on a city shirt again!

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:08 am

100% boo. he said he wanted to play prem football. he had the option to do so. but went north. and then taps up and tells are players and player we want to join him up there. (bellamy)
otherwise i dont really care. just recently he has wound me up!

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:11 am

i will clap him.hope he comes back to ccfc one day and scores another winner for us cos i paid 250quid for a signed picture of his winning goal at ccfc dinner aution.was pissed at the time. :roll: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:28 am

ive always thought of ledley as average ball to him. he will no doubt be telling people to come and join him at celtic :roll:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:37 am

bluebird7291 wrote:100% boo. he said he wanted to play prem football. he had the option to do so. but went north. and then taps up and tells are players and player we want to join him up there. (bellamy)

So if a reporter asks him what he thinks about the possibility of Bellamy signing for Celtic, you expect him to say "No i dont want Bellamy here. He should play for Cardiff. Get real. Hardly tapping up is it :rolls:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:52 am

i will clap him he always gave 100% and scored some vital goal i don't care what club he went to tbh
still Celtic isn't a big club though and neither is their ground :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:57 am

PhatFrog wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:100% boo. he said he wanted to play prem football. he had the option to do so. but went north. and then taps up and tells are players and player we want to join him up there. (bellamy)

So if a reporter asks him what he thinks about the possibility of Bellamy signing for Celtic, you expect him to say "No i dont want Bellamy here. He should play for Cardiff. Get real. Hardly tapping up is it :rolls:

hes said it a few times. then we have willo flood telling team mates/ex team mates how good cardiff as a club is

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:15 am

PhatFrog wrote:

first thing. your comment is the reason this forum is going down the pan. people are in-tilled to their opinions. i personally not happy about ledley saying things which effect are club. i only care about cardiff. im unhappy with any players or teams competing against us. cardiff born or not.
think before you speak next time. we went to war over freedom of speech mate :roll:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:15 am

f**k him. He left and we've hardly missed him. He's not improved since leaving and that's his fault for a poor career choice. He's also took a few pot shots at us in the Jock press since moving up here so if he gets booed it's his own making.

He can harp on about money and contract offers all he wants, at the end of the day he is another fool making more money than most of us can only dream of and he wanted more.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:16 am

PtB wrote:f**k him. He left and we've hardly missed him. He's not improved since leaving and that's his fault for a poor career choice. He's also took a few pot shots at us in the Jock press since moving up here so if he gets booed it's his own making.

He can harp on about money and contract offers all he wants, at the end of the day he is another fool making more money than most of us can only dream of and he wanted more.

dont mate you will get ripped into :roll: ledleys a god for leaving us and saying bad things in the press :roll:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:18 am

bluebird7291 wrote:
PtB wrote:f**k him. He left and we've hardly missed him. He's not improved since leaving and that's his fault for a poor career choice. He's also took a few pot shots at us in the Jock press since moving up here so if he gets booed it's his own making.

dont mate you will get ripped into :roll: ledleys a god for leaving us and saying bad things in the press :roll:

:lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:19 am

As much as i was annoyed by the million news articles stating things said by him such as 'so and so should come to celtic' every day one of our players linked away ... I'll be clapping him, can't forget the memories he gave us in a city shirt!

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:51 am

weza 65 wrote:i will clap him.hope he comes back to ccfc one day and scores another winner for us cos i paid 250quid for a signed picture of his winning goal at ccfc dinner aution.was pissed at the time. :roll: :ayatollah:

Now why does that not come as a surprise Chief :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:15 am

He'll get a cheer from me.
Super Joe.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:27 am

Sadly I think there will be an element that will boo. Shows what a bad set of fans we've become in my opinion.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:28 am

I have no interest in him really, nothing from me.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:32 am

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dont care either way, the bloke is a nothing!! I dont like him, but i cant see me wasting my breath either way!

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:46 am

I wont boo him

1) it's childish
2) he could come back in the future

I will enjoy the game and record the progress of our new players.