Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CAN WE REALLY DO IT THIS TIME AROUND ?

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:39 pm

Weve kept the squad together(no thanks to PR, just Clubs didnt have straight big cash to give us), I know we havent strengthened but can we finally make the play offs at least with the current squad ?

Who do we really rely on the most. ?
Has DJ got the backbone/bottle this time ?
Us Supporters need to play more of a part and turn up in bigger numbers at home games and sing more.
I do believe this,they are more united this time than ever in the playing camp.

Re: CAN WE REALLY DO IT THIS TIME AROUND ?

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:43 pm

YES honestly YES :ayatollah:

We got the best forward line this division can offer, Mcphail is due back into the squad, Whitts and Burke are on fire and Matthews and McNaughton are going to be first choice full backs, as long as we can avoid more injuries then YES we can do it this time :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:45 pm

well be singin THE BLUES ARE GOING UP AT WEMBLEY im sure off it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:46 pm

No

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:48 pm

NJ73 wrote:No

charming :thumbdown:

each to their own :lol:

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:50 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Squad thinner than Peter Crouch and no way to pay the wages in March, April, or May.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:52 pm

I think we can make the play offs as long as we don't get hit by to many injuries. The back four and the forwards will need to provide support for the midfield which I think we all know needed strengthening. We have kept our forwards who we know can and will score goals.

Come on the Bluebirds.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:53 pm

YES

We have a great keeper a brilliant forward line

Burke, Whitts, Ross, Chops, Jay and Feeney :D :ayatollah:

McPhail back and hopefully to his best

Kev and Matthews playing well.

DJ seems to be changing his ways and shows a bit more passion and fight in his team.

New stadium better facilities. I feel it will be our year.

Up the Bloooobirds :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:53 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Squad thinner than Peter Crouch and no way to pay the wages in March, April, or May.

ok Fair point can I change my mind :lol:

Nah seriuosly think this team can do it, we are well on course for the play offs and then who knows anything is possible :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:31 am

Baring injuries, yes i think we can, but i think it will go right to the wire.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:40 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Baring injuries, yes i think we can, but i think it will go right to the wire.

Yep, and if that isn't bad enough on the heart, we'll probably get the Jacks in the playoffs. :shock:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:51 am

Ross Young wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:Baring injuries, yes i think we can, but i think it will go right to the wire.

Yep, and if that isn't bad enough on the heart, we'll probably get the Jacks in the playoffs. :shock:

Thats crossed my mind aswell,,,,,i really hope so! :D

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:55 am

My heart says yes but my head says no.

The next couple of months we play Tuesday/Saturday nigh on every week. I just can't see that we can get through it without losing major players to injury and suspension. Players like Burke, Bothroyd and McCormack aren't fully fit now and they'll struggle to get through it. We've got a brilliant 11 but when you look at what we've got on the bench, it doesn't inspire confidence.

Sorry to be downbeat and I'd love to be proved wrong. With all that's going on if we finish in the top 10 and still have a club left, that will be success in my eyes.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:50 am

i honestly think we can do it this time around. we need to support the lads 100% and sing like never before, i got a good felling ,all you doubters will see, we gonna do it ! :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:33 am

Im a Cardiff fan I always think we can do it every year and I honestly think we've got a better and slightly fitter squad than last season and no reason why we cant go 1 better than 7th position is there ? We are improving season by season but the only thing negative I can see is cover for centre half while Hudson is out , Mc Naughton has played there but in my opinion due to the fact he's playing out of position then that will be our weak link . If we can score 3 or 4 goals every week then yeah no probs but its grinding out the 1 - 0 's and hanging on to the 0 - 0 's away from home where we need experience at the back . :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:33 am

Im a Cardiff fan I always think we can do it every year and I honestly think we've got a better and slightly fitter squad than last season and no reason why we cant go 1 better than 7th position is there ? We are improving season by season but the only thing negative I can see is cover for centre half while Hudson is out , Mc Naughton has played there but in my opinion due to the fact he's playing out of position then that will be our weak link . If we can score 3 or 4 goals every week then yeah no probs but its grinding out the 1 - 0 's and hanging on to the 0 - 0 's away from home where we need experience at the back . :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:52 am

i think we can but i also think that administration will be a forgone conclusion, wait till all the other creditors jump on the bandwagon

we got no income from now on..................we spent it

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:07 am

worry about admin if and when it happens , Ive realized with CCFC after the events of the last week to take 1 day at a time lol :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:09 am

Martyn1963 wrote:worry about admin if and when it happens , Ive realized with CCFC after the events of the last week to take 1 day at a time lol :ayatollah:

1 minute at a time :lol:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:12 am

We only need one or two injuries and we're going to struggle.

If we can get through the next month or so, I think things will start to look up on and off the field.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:16 am

Yes so i can wear my "CARDIFF CITY - The PREMIER team in wales " t-shirt in work to wind up the Jacks :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:22 am

I think it's possible but it will be a major achievement by DJ and the players if they manage it.

I don't think Admin will happen unless we get to the end of April and we're out of the play-offs and no takeover/investment is imminent, then may be the time to cut our losses but it's still something to be avoided at all costs as it will take years for the club to recover.

Ironically the troubles off the pitch seem to have galavanised this squad like we haven't seen for a number of years. If we can keep the top boys fit and fresh then maybe we'll have something to look forward to in May :lol:

I've always said that from February onwards in the CCC games get tighter and it's the teams that score those odd goals in tight games that get there. Nobody can doubt our ability in scoring goals, I just wonder whether Newcastle (who haven't had a bad spell yet) will rue not buying a goalscorer, cos Leon Best ain't gonna do it :lol:

The big plus for going up is that PR said he would go once he'd got us to the Premiership .......... or was he lying :? :lol:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:29 am

NUFC policy seems to be sign about 10 forwards who get 3 goals each rather than 1 to get 30 goals lol

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:33 am

Not just Yes I would say without a doubt.

Whilst the size of the squad is a valid point, I would counter by saying we shouldn't under estimate the likes of Taiwo, Blake, Wildig and Feeney. These players have been prephiral up until now but they have shown encouraging signs when given limited game time.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:41 am

There's no doubt our forward line is right up there with the best this division has to offer and we always have the ability to score goals. However, the situation in central mid is a joke we are desperate for reinforcement in this area. Our unbeaten run in 2010 will do extremely well to remain intact this weekend with messrs Rae whitts and Blake being the only alternatives for our manager McPhail's return can't come quick enough.

So yes we can make the playoffs, but not without loaning a central midfielder when the loan window opens. Whether our finances permit us to do this is anyone's guess though!

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:43 am

Martyn1963 wrote:NUFC policy seems to be sign about 10 forwards who get 3 goals each rather than 1 to get 30 goals lol

Good thing they can't play them all at the same time then :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:11 am

I honestly think we can still do it this year and Steve Mcphail comiing back it will be like a new signing
BLUEBIRDS BLUEBIRDS BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Well dont forget we are the 12th man :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: