Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bluebird till I die latest/It's just a song

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:49 am

I have a meeting with Julian Jenkins this morning at the stadium to discuss the song.If you have any suggestions please keep them coming.I am happy to look at anything constructive.Many people have suggested changing the lyrics to make it a long term anthem,I am in the process of writing these lyrics and came up with the idea of using past greats and events in the song,what do you think.No posts are deleted and every comment is taken onboard,It's just a song and hopefully we can all sing it together so it has to be right as it is your song and I will do all I can to get it right.As a lifelong Bluebird fan I am delighted and honoured to be able to say I am a Bluebird.Thanks for your support. :ayatollah:

In Malky we trust

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_9142803

Re: Bluebird till I die latest/It's just a song

Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:03 pm

I think the idea to change the lyrics to make it a long term song is a fantastic idea. We desperately need a club song that will last and hopefully be sung by generations after generations. The Wembly song was great for the build up to the Cup Final but not a song that could then continue to be sung on the terraces ( sorry in the seats - oh for the old days of the terraces). Keep up the good work and personally I would love a change of lyrics to make it something that can be sung long term.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:52 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:I think the idea to change the lyrics to make it a long term song is a fantastic idea. We desperately need a club song that will last and hopefully be sung by generations after generations. The Wembly song was great for the build up to the Cup Final but not a song that could then continue to be sung on the terraces ( sorry in the seats - oh for the old days of the terraces). Keep up the good work and personally I would love a change of lyrics to make it something that can be sung long term.

Thanks for the comments 1964.I am going to keep the current format for now but I am working on lyrics for a permanent version as we speak, hopefully the new version (which we will call version 2 for the sake of it) will be ready for the start of the season.A change of lyrics makes sense,with players coming and going I can't actually finish the track until the transfer window closes and it could still change in January.The bridge and choruses will remain the same just slot names of past players and events in there instead,I would need some help from the fans in picking their top 15 of all time,mine could be different to yours.
I was at the stadium this morning and the work they have done is phenomenal especially in the canton stand,there are going to be some nice changes that will bring the place to life,not sure how much I can say but exciting times.

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_9142803

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:30 pm

I think you have to have a permanent song featuring great moments and City Legends some obvious choices would be 1927 and Fred Keenor, Brian Clark and our win over Real Madrid, legends like Toshack, Dwyer, Earnie and Len Davies :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mind you the list could go on and on :old:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:59 pm

Real Madrid.
Players throughout the years, maybe one from every decade (within reason)

And then chorus of Bluebirds till i die :D

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:09 pm

Thinking on the lines of great past moments- Ledley's semi final goal or just the achievement of reaching the final itself? :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:03 am

Wow just got in from the pub and the comments leave me inspired,all ideas are viable I just need to make them fit,I am worried if I don't mention certain players I will upset people.After the meeting yesterday with JJ I need to get this done by Monday at the earliest as he would like a finished version for the Celtic game.The original version is complete and maybe ali would play both versions if I get it done...Thanks for the support everyone....In Malky we trust :ayatollah:

More comments on players would help............Ta