Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Protest March From Cardiff To London West Ham

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:57 am

Looking to organise a walk from the Cardiff City Stadium to upton park "IF WE END UP GETTING BANNED" For those who have never walked distances before day after day its tough, so I would only recommend those who walk long distances on a regular basis to have a go. Also it will probably take 5-6 days so you would need to take 3-4 days holiday from work if you wanted to walk the whole distance. However there is nothing stopping supporters joining different legs of the protest for a session, a day, or couple of days. Would also like to try and call into some football clubs for support if possible providing they are not to far off the planned route as the distance may be closer to 150-160 miles on the A roads. To keep costs down I would suggest camping although we could investigate the possibility of getting a budget hotel chain to sponsor us for the publicity in return for cheap accommodation.

Also we could ask some of the Companies who sponsor Cardiff City if they could provide back up for the protest e.g. Mini bus (s) to follow march pick up people who are struggling, caterer's to provide pack lunches and water etc. all this would help keep the cost down.

As most you know I do a fair bit of climbing around the world and in places like the Himalayas where you generally do 8-12 days walking before you get to the mountain you are climbing, walking solid for 6 days 10-12 hours a day (30-36 miles) is not easy but is achievable but you will need to be fit and have good footwear that is already worn in, as well as wet gear for our glorious British summers, I would not recommend you do the full distance unless you walk regular.

I will do some work over the weekend looking at the practicalities of the walk, route, accommodation, etc. hopefully it won't come to a demonstration, but if it does I would like the protest walk to meet up with the demonstration which is taking place on the day. The supporters club will be running transport to support any demonstrations in London 7th August if you are not up to the walk but still wish to exercise your right to demonstrate there is your opportunity to participate.

Re: Protest March From Cardiff To London West Ham

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:03 am

Fair play if you're serious, :o I'll definetly join the protest in London. Not much I know but better than nothing :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:33 am

Vince i am up for this, PM if you need to

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:38 am

I would also be up for this, and would meet you on the way - if I am able to come. Can't make promises, but I hope!

Need banners.