Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Best independent restaurants/shops

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:11 am

For me my favourite independent restaurant has to be Daiquiri's on Salsbury Road. Not only is it cheap but the food is freshly cooked and is delicious. The service is also very good and there is a really good atmosphere in there. If you havent been I would thoroughly recommend it!

Anyone else got any good tips??

Re: Best independent restaurants/shops

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:29 am

Balti Cuisine Woodville Road. Top quality, not dirt cheap but good value for what you get.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:54 am

Mediterraneo is real nice IMO, two of them though does that make it a chain? Still privately owned though.

Agean Taverna on Whitchurch Road is heaven too!

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:12 am

Jimbo27 wrote:For me my favourite independent restaurant has to be Daiquiri's on Salsbury Road. Not only is it cheap but the food is freshly cooked and is delicious. The service is also very good and there is a really good atmosphere in there. If you havent been I would thoroughly recommend it!

Anyone else got any good tips??

What type of food is that mate ?

I rate madeira restaurant highly not too expensive, Portugese owned.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:19 am

Daquiris is mexican food. Its very informal and relaxed but the food is excellent, especially when you consider the price!

There aernt many good independent clothes shops around anymore but I do always like the stuff the stock in Mojo King in Wellfield Court!

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:29 am

Spillers Records

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:46 am

Happy Gathering is Canton is really good.

Woodies was pretty good in the late 1990s and up to a couple of years before it closed down.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Daiquiri's is really good but closes quite early in the week if I remember right.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Happy Gathering is Canton is really good.

Woodies was pretty good in the late 1990s and up to a couple of years before it closed down.

I disagree about Woodies, I thought its best years were 88 to the mid 90's....thought it went rubbish after that, not the same after it got refurbished with the two shops into one..

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:15 pm

stern clothing :ayatollah: do i get discount now mate :P :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:53 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Spillers Records

Top notch :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: