Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SEEMS WE ARE GETTING MANAGED PROPERLY NOW

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:25 am

Has anyone noticed, since Malky has been at the helm how much more professional the whole set up seems to be.

Im sure I am not the only one to have noticed that the players have smiles on their faces and they are enjoying working there butts off for Malky's tough regime of pre seson training.
The other big plus to me seems to be we are not hearing any "Leaks" regarding the transfer market, on the whole we are not hearing about deals until the are sorted. That suits me. Thats the way to run an efficient business!

I am so excited this year .

On an up.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: SEEMS WE ARE GETTING MANAGED PROPERLY NOW

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:34 am

Agree 100%! It's refreshing how much more professional the whole set up is, reading that the players are enjoying training that they respect the manager, hearing the maanger wanting the fans to get behind team, Malky is re-uniting the club, can only be a good thing, DJ isolated himself in the end, banned the press, had no rapport with the fans & no respect from his players. The part that does impress me the most though is the handling of the transfers, we are only hearing about them now, just as they are being completed. I am more optimistic about this year than I was when we had all the big time charlies last year, think we are going to have a better season, more passion on & off the field! Bluebirds!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:34 am

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:Has anyone noticed, since Malky has been at the helm how much more professional the whole set up seems to be.

Im sure I am not the only one to have noticed that the players have smiles on their faces and they are enjoying working there butts off for Malky's tough regime of pre seson training.
The other big plus to me seems to be we are not hearing any "Leaks" regarding the transfer market, on the whole we are not hearing about deals until the are sorted. That suits me. Thats the way to run an efficient business!

On an up.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think we will make some impressive signing next week then watch our odds of going up come down. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:51 pm

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:The other big plus to me seems to be we are not hearing any "Leaks" regarding the transfer market,

No? Emerenkov? Goodwillie? Routeledge? All those names have been 'leaked'. Personally, I don't think this, or any other part of the build up is any different this year to what it was last year, or the year before that. I'm looking forward to the season but i'm looking forward to it because we've made some good signings and because I think Malky will be a good manager for us, not because I think the players may be smiling a bit more than last year, which I don't actually think is very true

Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:56 pm

Yes - In Malcolm we Trust

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:51 pm

SEEMS WE ARE GETTING MANAGED PROPERLY NOW - Based on what?

Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:58 pm

based on we dont have to see or hear dave jones for a start.. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:16 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:SEEMS WE ARE GETTING MANAGED PROPERLY NOW - Based on what?

That's what I thought. He's bought a few players, taken a few training sessions and all of a sudden the man is a god. I'm not slagging him off, but also I'm going to wait and see at Christmas exactly how properly we are being managed. It's much too early to judge at the moment

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:27 pm

MM still has to win a game.

MM still has to replace the goals we have lost.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:34 pm

I can see both sides. Maybe I should say the general attitude has imroved by 1000% between mngt and fans , players, staff are getting sorted.
i am still confident in MM.
Just cant wait for the season to start.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:37 pm

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:Has anyone noticed, since Malky has been at the helm how much more professional the whole set up seems to be.

On an up.

to be honest i dont agree in the slightest, just because Jones wasnt good enough to get us up, it doesnt mean he wasnt professional or that the set-up wasnt professional, you wouldnt have been saying that if we'd beaten Blackpool, the whole professionalism of the club doesnt depend on losing one game to Blackpool, or not getting promoted the next year, it just means we werent good enough

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:42 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

On an up.

to be honest i dont agree in the slightest, just because Jones wasnt good enough to get us up, it doesnt mean he wasnt professional or that the set-up wasnt professional, you wouldnt have been saying that if we'd beaten Blackpool, the whole professionalism of the club doesnt depend on losing one game to Blackpool, or not getting promoted the next year, it just means we werent good enough

I dont believe I mentioned Blackpool/promotion. What I did notice however was that some of the players were not interested
they were often played out of position.Etc.
I dont think that will happen now.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:44 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

On an up.

I dont believe I mentioned Blackpool/promotion. What I did notice however was that some of the players were not interested

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:57 pm

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:[to be honest i dont agree in the slightest, just because Jones wasnt good enough to get us up, it doesnt mean he wasnt professional or that the set-up wasnt professional, you wouldnt have been saying that if we'd beaten Blackpool, the whole professionalism of the club doesnt depend on losing one game to Blackpool, or not getting promoted the next year, it just means we werent good enough

But that's not down to a lack of professionalism, again it's down to not being good enough. Not being good enough is more than just the players, it's not being up to it tactics-wise, too. You may not have mentioned Blackpool but it's a good example to use. As it was pointed out, if we had have beaten Blackpool, you'd be singing a different tune

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:02 pm

still a mid table finish for me lads we still lack any depth in the squad :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:05 pm

Nottage with all due respect: In fairness I honestly dont take the Blackpool result into account. Results obviously made a difference .
As for DJ, I did not love/hate him I just couldnt understand a lot of his decisions on occasions.
A good manager would not have let a player become known as a blatent diver by every ref in the league so much so that it cost us at least two genuine penalties.
Not even gonna mention the erm lack of discipline! ;)

I think MM is acting in the way a good "on the ball" manager acts. I dont believe DJ did.
But just my opinion and I respect not everyone will agree with me.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Nottage with all due respect: In fairness I honestly dont take the Blackpool result into account. Results obviously made a difference .
As for DJ, I did not love/hate him I just couldnt understand a lot of his decisions on occasions.
A good manager would not have let a player become known as a blatent diver by every ref in the league so much so that it cost us at least two genuine penalties.

I think MM is acting in the way a good "on the ball" manager acts. I dont believe DJ did.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:12 pm

dj brought in to many big time charlies or lazy gits that he coudnt control or get motivated.
malky as brought in level minded players and from what i can see will be a team effort unlike jones's team of individuals :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:18 pm

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:Nottage with all due respect: In fairness I honestly dont take the Blackpool result into account. Results obviously made a difference .

I understand what you're saying but i just don't think that MM has been in the job long enough yet for us to make any kind of decisions

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Toally agree Jinks I will be quite happy if we end the season in a top 6 with a team who are mainly not loanees and are playing for the team!!

Just think MM is making all the right noises whereas DJ in my mind ended up taking the piss out of us fans.I was under the impression he despised us and it rubbed off on a couple of the key players.
Anyway We are all BLUEBIRDS.......................LETS DO IT.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:19 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
BIGBLOO VANE wrote:Nottage with all due respect: In fairness I honestly dont take the Blackpool result into account. Results obviously made a difference .

I understand what you're saying but i just don't think that MM has been in the job long enough yet for us to make any kind of decisions

I cant argue with that Nottage.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:28 pm

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

I cant argue with that Nottage.

Thank god for that. I don't think I could face more bickering :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:32 pm

Not bickering mate :D Its just interesting getting other peoples opinions.
As a matter of interest, I really tried to become a DJ fan but it just never happened.
So I am watching MM closely and the first thing that I noticed is that MM actually looks interested.!!!

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:34 pm

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:Not bickering mate :D Its just interesting getting other peoples opinions.
As a matter of interest, I really tried to become a DJ fan but it just never happened.
So I am watching MM closely and the first thing that I noticed is that MM actually looks interested.!!!

:lol: :lol: At work, so bickering was the only word I could think of in a hurry.

I had one foot in the love/hate DJ camps

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:40 pm

We can settle for "Friendly bickering" if you like?

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:43 pm

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:We can settle for "Friendly bickering" if you like?

:lol: :lol: Why not indeed? :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:43 pm

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:44 pm

Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Well Big Blu only actually posted how much more professional we SEEM to be.

Anyone who ever watched a training session when DJ was manager only need
to click on to CCW and see the difference there. It SEEMS far more professional.

Malky Mackay SEEMS more professional in his dealings with the press and media
... Jones spat his dummy out far too often.

Malky Mackay has more or less told one of his biggest signings (Gunnarsson)
that he has been bought as a defensive midfielder. Great news for the player
if he likes playing there (and he does)... Jones far too often plumped for
players who could fill a multitude of roles, it suited his style, as he was never
all that confident in his team selections or formations... So Malky SEEMS
more professional there.

So Big Blu is SPOT ON

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:31 pm

taffyapple wrote:Well Big Blu only actually posted how much more professional we SEEM to be.

Anyone who ever watched a training session when DJ was manager only need
to click on to CCW and see the difference there. It SEEMS far more professional.

Malky Mackay SEEMS more professional in his dealings with the press and media
... Jones spat his dummy out far too often.

Malky Mackay has more or less told one of his biggest signings (Gunnarsson)
that he has been bought as a defensive midfielder. Great news for the player
if he likes playing there (and he does)... Jones far too often plumped for
players who could fill a multitude of roles, it suited his style, as he was never
all that confident in his team selections or formations... So Malky SEEMS
more professional there.

So Big Blu is SPOT ON

disagree with every word