Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

iPhone 4 - White conversion :)

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:24 pm

Well it took me 35 minutes in total! - to strip down my iPhone into a thousand pieces on my living room table :lol: and the refit the digitiser, screen and rear case - NOT easy to do for a first timer! But this is the 5th time I've stripped one to bits now! I can supply and fit for a total of £98 if anyone is interested :ayatollah:

Re: iPhone 4 - White conversion :)

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Really nice work!!

Shame I haven't got an iPhone because the white phone looks the business.

Happy with my Galaxy S2 though.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:28 pm

However it does VOID the apple warranty - so some people may want to wait 12 months is up if they have new phones!

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:28 pm

That looks nice Chief. But not that nice for £98 :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:30 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:That looks nice Chief. But not that nice for £98 :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Try and do it yourself for £60! :shock: :o make sure you have a magnetic & ridiculously small posi-driver!! :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:33 pm

£98 :shock: It's a saturday afternoon out!!!! ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Merlin wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:That looks nice Chief. But not that nice for £98 :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Try and do it yourself for £60! :shock: :o make sure you have a magnetic & ridiculously small posi-driver!! :lol:

ridiculously small posi-driver!!..................I'm quite sure he has chief. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Marc wrote:
Merlin wrote:

ridiculously small posi-driver!!..................I'm quite sure he has chief. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:laughing3:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Merlin wrote:

60 Squid !!!!!!!! i think i will keep mine Black mate. Any way you have a white phone i have a black :o I can see a debate coming on mate :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Merlin wrote:

60 Squid !!!!!!!! i think i will keep mine Black mate. Any way you have a white phone i have a black :o I can see a debate coming on mate :lol: :lol:

:lol: Ya nutter - We all know that White looks the Bollocks and Black looks shit! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Merlin wrote:

No yellow one released yet chief. Your safe for now! :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:38 pm

Do you not think you're being a little insensitive to the Black minority Merlin, you could always trump Madonna and buy a white one. :? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:40 pm

IM JUST UPLOADING WHAT I DID WITH MY BLACK IPHONE NOW BEFORE IT BECAME WHITE! 2 secs..... PIC N WAY! ;) :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:41 pm

Merlin the White supremacist :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:42 pm

Merlin wrote:IM JUST UPLOADING WHAT I DID WITH MY BLACK IPHONE NOW BEFORE IT BECAME WHITE! 2 secs..... PIC N WAY! ;) :lol:

I bet Michael Jacksons turning in his grave....................how dare you. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:44 pm

Marc wrote:
Merlin wrote:IM JUST UPLOADING WHAT I DID WITH MY BLACK IPHONE NOW BEFORE IT BECAME WHITE! 2 secs..... PIC N WAY! ;) :lol:

I bet Michael Jacksons turning in his grave....................how dare you. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Are you starting something? If I was you I'd beat it....... or this threads gonna get Dangerous. You know I'm Bad, but its the way you make me feel.... :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Merlin wrote:
Marc wrote:

Are you starting something? If I was you I'd beat it....... or this threads gonna get Dangerous. You know I'm Bad, but its the way you make me feel.... :lol:

I bet you say that to all the BOYS........ ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:51 pm

No only Ben! ;) and no - not out forum BEN! :shock: :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Use a pentalobe screwdriver. You can get them on eBay for less than £2.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iPhone-4-5-point- ... 3cb72e2f7c

I bought one and a back cover which has a mirror effect and now im just waiting for my warranty to run out and i'll be getting busy modding it. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:59 pm

NinianBluebird1927 wrote:Use a pentalobe screwdriver. You can get them on eBay for less than £2.

I bought one and a back cover which has a mirror effect and now im just waiting for my warranty to run out and i'll be getting busy modding it. :ayatollah:

So you're using a pentalube screwdriver,with a mirror effect concentrating on the backside and you'll be busy modding it :shock: :shock: :shock: .............I'm reporting this thread mate, getting out of hand now. :shock: ;) ;) ;) ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:04 pm

NinianBluebird1927 wrote:Use a pentalobe screwdriver. You can get them on eBay for less than £2.

:lol: undoing 2 small screws and replacing JUST the back cover of your phone isnt going to effect your warranty - so why wait? besides, as long as you have a small posi-drive screwdriver - that will be fine for the job you need.

However, when you buy any cover, casing or Conversion kit - the FULL tool kit is sent with it - no need to buy any extra stuff. I have a bloody box full of special tools now for these kind of things! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:55 pm

I've been so tempted to get that phone, my 3GS has been off contract for 2 months, trying to hang on til October for iPhone 5, but I'm at breaking point.

Be gutted to lose my unlimited Internet tho....

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:17 pm

Gavlar wrote:I've been so tempted to get that phone, my 3GS has been off contract for 2 months, trying to hang on til October for iPhone 5, but I'm at breaking point.

Be gutted to lose my unlimited Internet tho....

I don't expect to see MASSIVE improvements from iphone 4 to 5 in all honesty! Once the iphone is running a stable version of iOS 5 - (latest operating software) available to 3GS and up - that is when you will see a great deal of improvements and new features! iOS5 is already Jailbreakable too! Apple are not set to release it for a few more weeks as they are just tweaking and playing with it a little to iron out the small bugs....

If I was you - I would get an iphone 4 - (32GB) if possible but not less than 16gb, and wait for iOS 5 - you will love it - as it is a HUGE improvement from 3G and 3GS! so many more features - the main ones being the Retina HD Screen - and the HDR (High Dynamic Range) Camera!

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Merlin wrote:

:lol: undoing 2 small screws and replacing JUST the back cover of your phone isnt going to effect your warranty - so why wait? besides, as long as you have a small posi-drive screwdriver - that will be fine for the job you need.

However, when you buy any cover, casing or Conversion kit - the FULL tool kit is sent with it - no need to buy any extra stuff. I have a bloody box full of special tools now for these kind of things! :ayatollah:

1) If there's any damage on the screws its out of warranty
2) If there are any fingerprints or sign of damage on internal components the warranty is voided
3) If the adhesive inside has been messed with it voids your warranty

I'd rather wait than gamble with my warranty. One of my closest mates has just got a job in the Apple store in Bristol and they check 60% of phones internally for these things. The iPhone's are created in an environment that stops them from being contaminated. I'd rather wait than risk damaging the screws and so on to be honest as well as the sticker inside. I know you can buy replacements on eBay but I also know Apple can be hard work when it comes to getting replacements when things go wrong with your devices.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:54 pm

To change a rear cover - you will not mark any screws if you put a small piece of tissue around the end of your small posi-screwdriver.

You do not touch anything inside the back cover of the phone - and there is nothing attached to the inside of the back cover either.it simply slides upwards and thats it! new one on - slide down - screw up!

Have you not seen my first photograph? :lol:

I could put all that back together and you would only tell that one screw has been moved because there is a water sensor Grommet over it that need moving to undo the screw. apart from that its unmarked! :ayatollah:

Don't be such a mummy's boy - and rip that back off! :D

f**k THE WARRANTY ANYWAY - GET IT ON YOUR HOME/BANK INSURANCE! ;)

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:53 pm

:ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:30 am

Don't like that at all mate! Looks cheap! But each to their own..... :ayatollah:

You should try the scoobydoo font with byta font, I don't like the systems default font either.