Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Banter is one thing, racism is another

Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:18 pm

skybluebird wrote:
taffyapple wrote:RACISM is no longer a crime just against colour. A Scottish bloke got fined for
'racially abusing' Craig Bellamy a few years back

Racism is actually a 'percieved crime'... If I come on this board and say "I cant
stand my black neighbour"... it Does NOT IN ANY WAY mean i cant stand him
because of the colour of his skin. Mentioning that he is black is just a description,
same as if he was Irish, Welsh, disabled, gay, Jewish.

HE MIGHT JUST HAPPEN TO BE AN ARSEHOLE

But Sludge, Born Survivor, the dearly departed in tears AHERNE and others would
immediately 'percieve' "I cant stand my black neighbour" to be a racist comment...
when in fact it isnt. (oh yes you would :lol: )

I really can't stand the way that you always explain your opinions in a reasonable and logical way.Wouldn't it be easier if you were a Bigot? :)

It sure would mate, they could tear me to pieces on here if i was (and rightly so)

I just hate double standards.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:22 pm

But Sludge, Born Survivor, the dearly departed in tears AHERNE and others would
immediately 'percieve' "I cant stand my black neighbour" to be a racist comment...
when in fact it isnt. (oh yes you would :lol: )[/quote]
I really can't stand the way that you always explain your opinions in a reasonable and logical way.Wouldn't it be easier if you were a Bigot? :)[/quote]

It sure would mate, they could tear me to pieces on here if i was (and rightly so)

I just hate double standards.[/quote]
See what I mean...Reasonable again. :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:32 pm

taffyapple wrote:
So you arent offended or bothered by someone calling someone a dirty pikey mother and
sister shagging piece of Swansea scum... cos its "Banter"

Yet calling someone a black b*stard is really bad and evil and should result in jail??

Hate is hate.

Regardless of colour, country, town, religion

Yours is the saddest indictment of our Society ive read. Is our country really so
brainwashed and blinkerered?? :(

1. Look up the definition of racism

2. No I wouldn't be offended by a Swansea fan if he said something because I supported Cardiff. He'd be saying it because of the team I support, not because of my race. Anyone with a satisfactory level of education would understand that. You don't slate them because they're from Swansea. If you did you'd be slating Cardiff fans who live in Swansea also which would be ridiculous. You slate them for the club they support which has nothing at all to do with race. Again, look it up.

3. Hate isn't just hate. You have justifiable hate and you have hate that can't be justified. There is no justifiable reason for racism. Also, I dont hate Swansea fans and never will, I've drank with their fans and talked about Cardiff and Swansea with them, they're only humans as we all are. Banter happens all over the world in relation to football clubs. Racism happens due to ignorance and lack of historical understanding.

4. Give me one justifiable reason why its okay to be racist? There isn't one. Anyone who think there is one is extremely ignorant and deluded to put it bluntly.

5. I dont listen to the PC brigade or the media on anything. I read from a number of sources and come to my own conclusions using the brain I was given and human morals. It doesn't take a genius to work out football team related banter is justifiable and racism isn't.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:47 pm

NinianBluebird1927 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
So you arent offended or bothered by someone calling someone a dirty pikey mother and

Yet calling someone a black b*stard is really bad and evil and should result in jail??

Hate is hate.

Yours is the saddest indictment of our Society ive read. Is our country really so

2. No I wouldn't be offended by a Swansea fan if he said something because I supported Cardiff. He'd be saying it because of the team I support, not because of my race. Anyone with a satisfactory level of education would understand that. You don't slate them because they're from Swansea. If you did you'd be slating Cardiff fans who live in Swansea also which would be ridiculous. You slate them for the club they support which has nothing at all to do with race. Again, look it up.

3. Hate isn't just hate. You have justifiable hate and you have hate that can't be justified. There is no justifiable reason for racism. Also, I dont hate Swansea fans and never will, I've drank with their fans and talked about Cardiff and Swansea with them, they're only humans as we all are. Banter happens all over the world in relation to football clubs. Racism happens due to ignorance and lack of historical understanding.

4. Give me one justifiable reason why its okay to be racist? There isn't one. Anyone who think there is one is extremely ignorant and deluded to put it bluntly.

5. I dont listen to the PC brigade or the media on anything. I read from a number of sources and come to my own conclusions using the brain I was given and human morals. It doesn't take a genius to work out football team related banter is justifiable and racism isn't.

I would never condone Racism. I would rather that people took a 'comment' in the manner it is delivered. If something is said in spite then it should be answered in kind. If something is said with humour then it should be accepted as so. Sometimes people say something that is neither meant in spite or to be offensive but may have been misinterpreted. I am English and have lived in Wales for over 40 years. I have been called many (so called) offensive things but never once in spite. I have always given as good as I got. This has stood me in good stead and is part of the reason that I love living here. Preaching over...sorry. :roll: :)

Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:53 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Hate is hate.

What a f*cking ridiculous statement.

How can it POSSIBLY be justifiable to call someone an inbred, sister shagging, caravan
dwelling piece of scum. Cos its 'banter'????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and yet im a racist if i call my best mate, the Godfather to my son and one man i would
trust my life with.... "oi Sooty!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Worra stupid world

Cos you know and i know, if you ever heard him call me 'white trash' you wouldnt be half
as outraged

Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:01 pm

taffyapple wrote:

How can it POSSIBLY be justifiable to call someone an inbred, sister shagging, caravan

And where did I say that was justifiable exactly? I never referred to actual terms used. However, the phrases you just used are personal, not banter, so yes they should also be frowned upon. Even though they're personal, they're not racist. They get called those names because they support Swansea, not because of their race. I dont see what is so hard about that to grasp.

and yet im a racist if i call my best mate, the Godfather to my son and one man i would

Worra stupid world

Yes you would be racist and its not a stupid world because the reason certain terms are racist is because of the stigma of how they were used in previous decades. Im not going into explaining it again.

Cos you know and i know, if you ever heard him call me 'white trash' you wouldnt be half
as outraged

Yes I would to be honest. Racism either way is racist. However, I haven't seen one Cardiff City fan who is an ethnic minority use racist terminology on this website when I've seen white fans being racist towards ethnic minorities. The fact is, this is a public forum and anyone of any background can read it which is why people should think before they type.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:12 pm

taffyapple wrote:

And where did I say that was justifiable exactly? I never referred to actual terms used. However, the phrases you just used are personal, not banter, so yes they should also be frowned upon. Even though they're personal, they're not racist. They get called those names because they support Swansea, not because of their race. I dont see what is so hard about that to grasp.

Worra stupid world

Yes you would be racist and its not a stupid world because the reason certain terms are racist is because of the stigma of how they were used in previous decades. Im not going into explaining it again.

as outraged

Yes I would to be honest. Racism either way is racist. However, I haven't seen one Cardiff City fan who is an ethnic minority use racist terminology on this website when I've seen white fans being racist towards ethnic minorities. The fact is, this is a public forum and anyone of any background can read it which is why people should think before they type.

I'll mention it in the pub.

I'll tell him some white geezer has called us both racist.

Cos he read the definition in a book