Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

have we finally found a solid no. 1?

Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:22 am

ever since Alexander left I've allways felt that we've never realy replaced him, with loan spells and permanent signings that didn't work out (Enckelman, Oakes etc.)
#But now with Heaton and Marshal, both solid no.1s I feel that the role had been filled by I mussed say two very good spottings buy DJ.
What do all u other Bluebirds think??? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: have we finally found a solid no. 1?

Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:25 am

i think their both good players but they both could improve as well and injury sure is a problem i still think we need one extra keeper whether its loan or permanent

Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:45 am

Heaton was a lot better this time around but Marshall doesn't fill me with confidence.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:14 am

they are worlds apart from that f*cking donkey bywater :evil:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:40 am

Dracula is better with crosses :D

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:46 am

gwbluearmy! wrote:ever since Alexander left I've allways felt that we've never realy replaced him, with loan spells and permanent signings that didn't work out (Enckelman, Oakes etc.)
#But now with Heaton and Marshal, both solid no.1s I feel that the role had been filled by I mussed say two very good spottings buy DJ.

Not sure!!!! But I had a solid number 2 once. :( :oops:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:50 am

both good keepers...neither are match winners tho :/

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:16 pm

I read Heaton made a few good saves yesterday. I think he's a good keeper.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:16 pm

I see Santiago played the second half, no Marshal?

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:17 pm

i still think if we had them fit for the end of teh season we would have gone up....Bywater is the worst keeper ever to put on a city shirt..even worse than warner

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Carduff wrote:I see Santiago played the second half, no Marshal?

marshalls injured at the mo

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Seen better keepers in the welsh league, neither would get a game in the Gwent County !

Get someone decent in, it cost us promotion last year and probably will this year if a top class keeper is not signed !

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:42 pm

gwbluearmy! wrote:ever since Alexander left I've allways felt that we've never realy replaced him, with loan spells and permanent signings that didn't work out (Enckelman, Oakes etc.)

if what Carl said about Heaton not playing in the playoffs because he was a nervous wreck is true, then i hope Marshall is no.1 next season and that Heaton never plays for us again, its hard enough getting out of this division without having a keeper thats too nervous to play in important games

i also think that Marshall is a fantastic shot stopper, i will always remember his save off Kuqi against Swansea at home just before Chopra scored the winner, i also think that his catching is spot on, the problem is that he doesnt seem to have the confidence to come for enough crosses, considering that, in my opinion, his handling is actually very solid