Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would you have McCormack back under Mackay?

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:14 am

I definitely would. Mackay would get him fit and get him back to his best, and we all know what McCormack can do when he's at his best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYwbDYEE ... re=related

Looking at that footage, if none of us had ever seen him play before, we would be crying out for Mackay to sign him. But we all know how good he can be. Dave Jones and Chopra pushing him out of the team demotivated him. If he played for Mackay, who would support him and get him fit, I honestly believe McCormack could be the best striker in the division. I wish we still had him. I would love him back.

Re: Would you have McCormack back under Mackay?

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:16 am

100% yes, absolutely not doubt in my mind that he is just pure class and I would welcome him back with open arms :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:18 am

Bluebird_steve wrote:100% yes, absolutely not doubt in my mind that he is just pure class and I would welcome him back with open arms :ayatollah:

that ^^ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:21 am

No thanks we dont want pissheads at our club thankyou, It is a fresh start :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:28 am

but lads he's ours now he's part of graysons plans at leeds big time watch him shine this season..MOT..

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:41 am

Bowmonster wrote:No thanks we dont want pissheads at our club thankyou, It is a fresh start :ayatollah:

Absolutely right :ayatollah: So we get rid of Chopra who has a gambling/drinking habit and replace him with a piss head who put on at least a stone just because he couldn't in the team :? ............................................ :roll: No thanks :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:48 am

yes !! cracking player, scottish wayne rooney

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:49 am

No. For the same reasons Piledriver pointed out.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:03 pm

No from me

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:37 pm

To all the people saying no they wouldn't have him back, respect a fellow bluebirds opinions as always but we all know that things will be much different under MM and he's not going to tolerate any off field problems and we all know on the field Ross is one of the best players in the championship and everyone's pretty sure that MM is gonna sort out Goodwillie's off field problems so sure he would do the same for Ross IF he ever came back which I don't think he will but like I said before would love ross back :ayatollah: :D

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:38 pm

Class player but is to weak minded and we've had enough of them for life. We need players who are willing to fight for their place and not just get pissed and fat if they don't get a call up. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Scott88 wrote:Class player but is to weak minded and we've had enough of them for life. We need players who are willing to fight for their place and not just get pissed and fat if they don't get a call up. :ayatollah:

been on the rails so far with us maybe DJ brought the worst out in him. i recon dJ dropped a b.ollock letting him come to us as under malki he would have been kept..

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:01 pm

andy 189 wrote:
Scott88 wrote:Class player but is to weak minded and we've had enough of them for life. We need players who are willing to fight for their place and not just get pissed and fat if they don't get a call up. :ayatollah:

been on the rails so far with us maybe DJ brought the worst out in him. i recon dJ dropped a b.ollock letting him come to us as under malki he would have been kept..

If a player is so weak minded to let a manager turn him to drink and getting fat then we don't want him

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:15 pm

i would take him back, he was class for us,

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:06 pm

To those who say he is weak minded, I think it was Jones that made him weak minded. It didn't matter how well he played, Jones made it clear to McCormack that he would never get in the team ahead of Chopra. McCormack only played up front when Chopra was either suspended or injured. How frustrating must it be when you keep giving your best, but never get a proper chance?

Chopra had so many poor spells and went through a huge goal drought at one point, yet Ross was still not used. Ross was frustrated and treated unfairly, a better manager would have got the best out of him. His form may have dipped after Chopra's arrival, but that was only because of his lack of match fitness and frustration, Dave Jones didn't treat him well at all and I believe Malky would get the best out of him if he ever returned.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:18 pm

No chance would I have him back.

He openly said he wanted to leave and play for Celtic.

Now what I don't get is, Bothroyd has only ever had good things to say about our club. Never run us down - despite the abuse he has received.

Not only that, but he is 20 times the player McCormack will ever be and nobody seems to want him back.

I just don't get it...

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:23 pm

No thankyou far to inconsistent and I can't see the argument that he wasn't given a chance by jones the season before he left us he played over 25 games that season and had many chances to prove himself but didn't!He only performed in around 2 or 3 matches a season

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:35 pm

remind me what the hell he done since he left us?

sod all

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:49 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:remind me what the hell he done since he left us?

sod all

Bet you he's Leeds' best striker next season if he stays injury free. He had spells out injured with Leeds remember which made it difficult for him to break into the team. But towards the end of last season, he got fully fit and showed signs of getting back to his best.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:remind me what the hell he done since he left us?

sod all

Bet you he's Leeds' best striker next season if he stays injury free. He had spells out injured with Leeds remember which made it difficult for him to break into the team. But towards the end of last season, he got fully fit and showed signs of getting back to his best.

don't want him we got rid of one piss head why bring in another one.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Nope.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Yeah, would love him back, always preferred him to Chopra. With a good fitness regime (which he would get under Malky) I reckon we'd see some great goals from him. Jonesy froze him out like he does with all the players who get under his skin.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:33 pm

NOT A CHANCE IN HELL.....

Y would be buy back a player we sold for peanuts just to gid rid of...

1 season hit with us, should have sold him to hull or brum when they offered 5 mil a few seasons ago...

9 goals in 3 yrs with 65 appearances... he only did well with us as it was a record season we had for penalties.... 2008/2009...