Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Watching the Open today got me thinking

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:20 pm

whats the worst wether you have seen City playing in ?
Mine was Barnsley away few seasons ago pissed it down all game cold dreary place to be they scored the very last kick of the game through a free kick crap day :ayatollah:

Re: Watching the Open today got me thinking

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Ninian park 3 or 4 yrs ago for the first game of the season against Southampton, ive never been so soaked but it was a great atmosphere with us all singing in the summertime etc :lol:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:24 pm

vs Brizzle in the snow! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:28 pm

Chesterfield away, late 70's or early 80s...... No shelter and it was like a monsoon, we were even getting charged by Chesterfields greatest. Out in the rain for 20seconds and they'd retreat back to their shelter, lucky bastards.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:34 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Chesterfield away, late 70's or early 80s...... No shelter and it was like a monsoon, we were even getting charged by Chesterfields greatest. Out in the rain for 20seconds and they'd retreat back to their shelter, lucky bastards.

thats tickled me :lol: just an image in my head of this funny as :lol:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:03 pm

bluecyw wrote:Ninian park 3 or 4 yrs ago for the first game of the season against Southampton, ive never been so soaked but it was a great atmosphere with us all singing in the summertime etc :lol:

Thats def up there...last minute winner aswell weren it :ayatollah:

Bristol City away on a Tuesday night a couple of seasons ago in the cup, during that heavy snowfall - cars abandoned everywhere; missed the start by about 15mins because of the scabs; and it was fukn freezing!

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:13 pm

2 games for me, The 1st was when we played charlton in 2003, it was a friendly and the bob bank standing was open, it just rainned for the whol match and the place got flooded,...the second time was against colchester, we lost 3-0 and it was like -25. my hand and feet went blue.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Milton Keynes

Standing getting soaked in the "Subbuteo" stand with no cover.

Good stuff.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:55 pm

bristol in the snow. but was also amazing, no taxis so a monster walk home. caerleon bluebirds hard as nails :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:18 pm

ccfc v bolton 1970s fa cup 2nd replay at the hawthorns wba