Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHY IS BRITISH LAGER SO SHIT ?

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Carling is f*cking shite ,
Ive gone Eastern European and drinking Tyskie from Poland at the moment and its a good drink . Anybody else ditched the British brand and gone continental ? :ayatollah:

Re: WHY IS BRITISH LAGER SO SHIT ?

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Yes. I drink Staropramen which is from the Czech Republic.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:52 pm

I've only ever drank British/American lager as a last resort.

European lagers are far superior IMO. I'll happily drink Grolsch, Kronenberg, etc, but my favorite is Heineken. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Grolsch out of a bottle is good. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:56 pm

Oh YES....^^

continental lager is far better, I prefer German and Czech... altho I got to admit, I love a nice cold pint of Brains Smooth... Image

my recommendations

VELTINS (D)
LICHER (D)
WARSTEINER (D)
PILSENER URQUELL (CZ)
BUDWEISER (CZ)
STAROPRAMEN (CZ)

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:58 pm

Baltika( Russian Lager) 5.6% on offer in Tesco Talbot Green 2 large for £3 :old: :old: :old:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:01 pm

I was thinking, why the f**k do people drink Fosters :? ...Carling is Shite, but even the Aussies don't drink fosters. Each to his own I suppose.......I do enjoy a pint of London Pride though. :D :D :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Redstripe
Tuborg
Becks
Peroni

Probably my top 5 right now.

Cant stand Stella.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:06 pm

Well it has to be San miguel....f

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:07 pm

personally I prefer this one :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D

120927.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:10 pm

Because it's full of chemicals? German lager has strict regulations, dating back centuries. Don't really drink lager myself, can't beat a pint of Brain's light ( or 'bitter' as the call it these days). :D :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Allthegoodnamesaregone wrote:personally I prefer this one :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D

120927.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ........

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:13 pm

Brains can be nice.

Carling and Fosters is the usual stuff they have over here. Pretty rubbish stuff.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Thats why i drink the apples, :D

If i go on the lager it has to be carslsberg export,peroni,efes,heineken,becks etc as you say carling,fosters etc is truly shite.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:28 pm

kronenbourg 1664 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Owt over 4% after 3 pints im the same as if ive had 10pint's, bolloxed! :oops:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:41 pm

sam salim wrote:Owt over 4% after 3 pints im the same as if ive had 10pint's, bolloxed! :oops:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:42 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:Carling is f*cking shite ,
Ive gone Eastern European and drinking Tyskie from Poland at the moment and its a good drink . Anybody else ditched the British brand and gone continental ? :ayatollah:

Completely agree with you

I drink Tyskie, Zywec, Lech, Staropramen, Perlenbacher (Lidls finest :) )

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Kronenbourg, Amstel, Heineken :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Becks
Coors
Bud
Turborg
Stella

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:36 pm

Lowenbrau, , becks, bitzburger :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Drinks like Carling & Fosters really aren't good for you at all. Jam full of chemicals, why do you think it's so cheap in the supermarket? Why nobody can produce a decent British lager is beyond me. Surely a gap in the market there.
Same goes for Ciders like White Lightening, Frosty Jacks etc, never been near an apple.
Stick with beer, Brains, Guinness etc or a bottle of wine, much better value. The best/nicest lagers are the wheaty ones like Hoogarden.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:17 am

With the only exception being Red Stripe that's 4.7% I wont touch any lager that's under 5%. Carling and Foster to me taste like watered down lager and I think it's pointless drinking the shite cos you need to drink more of it to get pissed but then end up spending half the day or night pissing it back out in the toilet.

My personal favourites are Kronenbourg, Stella Artois, San Miguel, Holsten Pils, Becks, Heineken, Red Stripe and I do like the occasional bottle of Desperados that if anyone doesn't know is lager and tequila in a bottle and 5.9%. For a decent knockout pint of San Miguel try the Promised Land on Windsor Place, that stuff is like rocket fuel, tastes nice though.
:ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:45 am

Special brew, tenants super.......probably the biggest cause of liver cancer in the world.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:43 am

I dont like continental lagers, I like the good old fashion Carling but it has to be in a Carling glass with a lively widget in the bottom to keep it lively. It is shite in Wetherspoons as they serve it in any old glass and goes flat quickly. The other lagers I dont mind are Kingfisher, Tiger and Mahou

Fosters should be banned. I dont think I know anybody who actually likes it.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:22 am

Simples, it's brewed in the UK, also as Marc said earlier about Fosters, I go to Oz every year and you don't see it in the pubs, although the brewing company that own the brand do produce other lagers/beers over there. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:57 am

When I went to Munich as a stop inbetween Finland/Lechenstien away for Wales I was in heaven for booze, from 3 in the afternoon til 1 at night although the beer is stronger than here is was much more pleasent to drink :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:36 pm

Crown lager (Australian) - Best lager going. You can't get it in the UK though :cry:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Carling is Canadian...

Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:10 pm

When in London recently, seen Stella Black anyone know about it ?