Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LETTER FROM THE HOUSE OF LORDS

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:29 am

Just had a letter on House of Lord's headed paper off Neil Kinnock. He's read my book on the Valley Rams and said he would love to see it turned into a sit com,he told me I should send a copy and write to Ruth Jones (Gavin and Stacey).

My God that would be one for after the 9pm watershed,I have had letters and even a charitable donation of Lord Kinnock (try and beat that Annis,lol) previously, and he realy is switched on as to events at the club, he's a genuine fan and even though he's a Lord, he's still a Valley's boy at heart.

I was just thinking if they turn it into a sitcom, possibly Brad Pitt could play me, one of the Proclaimers could play Corky,I'm sure Rampton prison for the criminally insane would be willing to provide a few extras for the bus scenes etc. would

Re: LETTER FROM THE HOUSE OF LORDS

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:53 am

That would be quite a coup. Given his reputation though I'm not sure whether it would be better to reference Neil Kinnock or to cover up his reference. You don't know what political alignment Ruth Jones is!

I imagine it would be a funny sitcom but sadly the BBC tends to favour more My Family and Dinnerladies style comedy. Maybe send an idea to someone like Channel 4 as well! They'd definitely pick it up. I assume it would be more of the Father Ted, Peep Show and Inbetweeners social unacceptability?! Love that type!

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:01 pm

Zabier wrote:That would be quite a coup. Given his reputation though I'm not sure whether it would be better to reference Neil Kinnock or to cover up his reference. You don't know what political alignment Ruth Jones is!

I imagine it would be a funny sitcom but sadly the BBC tends to favour more My Family and Dinnerladies style comedy. Maybe send an idea to someone like Channel 4 as well! They'd definitely pick it up. I assume it would be more of the Father Ted, Peep Show and Inbetweeners social unacceptability?! Love that type!

I'd say we're more like Only Fools.
Dodgey dealings and pina coladas :lol:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Used to be in class with his daughter in London and my sister was in his lads class :shock:

Maybe you should get him posting on this site :lol:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:23 pm

jonny vegas can play ketty

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Dobbin wrote:Used to be in class with his daughter in London and my sister was in his lads class :shock:

Maybe you should get him posting on this site :lol:

And his wife is good Holyhead girl, See if we can get in the H/H CCFC :ayatollah: supporters club

Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:59 pm

whod play big sam???????i was thinking that wrestler stone cold steve austin :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:00 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Just had a letter on House of Lord's headed paper off Neil Kinnock. He's read my book on the Valley Rams and said he would love to see it turned into a sit com,he told me I should send a copy and write to Ruth Jones (Gavin and Stacey).

My God that would be one for after the 9pm watershed,I have had letters and even a charitable donation of Lord Kinnock (try and beat that Annis,lol) previously, and he realy is switched on as to events at the club, he's a genuine fan and even though he's a Lord, he's still a Valley's boy at heart.

I was just thinking if they turn it into a sitcom, possibly Brad Pitt could play me, one of the Proclaimers could play Corky,I'm sure Rampton prison for the criminally insane would be willing to provide a few extras for the bus scenes etc. would

Love it Gwyn..... Annis is sat here in the office with Green eyes lol lol fair play to you!

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:31 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Just had a letter on House of Lord's headed paper off Neil Kinnock. He's read my book on the Valley Rams and said he would love to see it turned into a sit com,he told me I should send a copy and write to Ruth Jones (Gavin and Stacey).

Well done Big Gwyn, I am jealous :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:38 pm

would be brilliant fug me you could do a film on our scotland tour. i still laugh about that cop sergent on hamilton station, he lined us up and said you boys can fight rape and pillage but theres nee drinking on the streets. 50 cardiff fans and he was worried about us having a can on the streets still lmfao about that one