Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Earnie will be this seasons Championship top scorer

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:28 pm

I'm 99.999999% sure of it...his return to us will be a massive success under Malky.

The manner in which the team will be set up, the style of football we'll be playing, and the sheer drive/determination and passion he will consistently display will result in lots of goals for Earnie. A prime example of why this will be the case is highlighted by Danny Grahams scoring record at Watford.

Graham was the focal point in Watford's attacking flourishes without figuring too much in the swift neat build up play - the team and Graham were aware of the role Graham was tasked to play and a team movement would always be geared towards providing Graham a chance on goal in the box.

This style & approach is right up Earnie's street and he will be on fire this season - mark my words. He will have CCS rocking and will be the pivotal reason why the mighty Bluebirds will achieve promotion this coming season BELIEVE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Earnie will be this seasons Championship top scorer

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:28 pm

JonScam wrote:I'm 99.999999% sure of it...his return to us will be a massive success under Malky.

The manner in which the team will be set up, the style of football we'll be playing, and the sheer drive/determination and passion he will consistently display will result in lots of goals for Earnie. A prime example of why this will be the case is highlighted by Danny Grahams scoring record at Watford.

Graham was the focal point in Watford's attacking flourishes without figuring too much in the swift neat build up play - the team and Graham were aware of the role Graham was tasked to play and a team movement would always be geared towards providing Graham a chance on goal in the box.

This style & approach is right up Earnie's street and he will be on fire this season - mark my words. He will have CCS rocking and will be the pivotal reason why the mighty Bluebirds will achieve promotion this coming season BELIEVE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

he wont even be starting if we re-sign Bellamy

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:33 pm

I disagree Scott, he'll be a starter for us...even if Bellers returns (which I think he will eventually). MM would imo play the pair together, and would favour playing an out an out goal scoring every week.

Bellamy's involved in too much build up play to be classed as that, which is why they would more than likely play up top together - Malky (imo) is not too concerned about the big man little man combination

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:35 pm

cant see it. he'll score a few but will be far from top scorer.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:37 pm

JonScam wrote:I disagree Scott, he'll be a starter for us...even if Bellers returns (which I think he will eventually). MM would imo play the pair together, and would favour playing an out an out goal scoring every week.

Bellamy's involved in too much build up play to be classed as that, which is why they would more than likely play up top together - Malky (imo) is not too concerned about the big man little man combination

if we sign Goodwillie, which i still think we will, he will start up front with Bellamy im sure

even if we dont, im pretty sure that he wont pair Bellamy with Earnshaw as i think he's a better manager with a better understanding of football than that, picture Chopra starting up front with Bellamy last year, it would NEVER have worked, youre right in that a big man/little man combination isnt vital, but a striker who will link up play rather than having 2 that play on the shoulder is crucial, in my opinion.... im 90% sure Malky is a better manager than resorting to starting with those 2

however, we just have to wait and see at the start of the season :ayatollah:
my advice to you, save your money and DO NOT put any on Earnshaw being top scorer, because he wont playing enough to be

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:42 pm

I see your point Scott and of course you could be bang on with what your saying, but I can just see Earnie having a blinder for us this season.

The Goodwillie factor could well prove to be decisive in this respect though, because if he did arrive (and I hope he does) Earnie would definitely have a fight on his hands for a starting berth.

Maybe its my heart overruling my head, but I would love Earnie to blow the league away this season :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:03 pm

If he can get between 10/15 goals I think that will be a massive achievement. I dont expect him to be first choice tho