Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just watch and enjoy....

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:52 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0I6HyhJRHc&NR=1

Will live with me forever, Boro away was the best away trip i have ever been on no one could believe what we were doing and the atmosphere we created was incredible

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Just watch and enjoy....

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Fukin brillian!!!!!! had goose pimples watchin tha n :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:25 pm

boro away was class my best away game by far :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Im a pretty tough fella but I was filling up watching that for personal reasons.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Class viewing!

Hasselbaink's goal was sheer quality!

Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:41 pm

Watching that has made me realise that McPhail in my opinion will always be a city Legend. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:40 pm

absolutely enjoyed that pure class :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:06 pm

What memories that will live with me forever a FA Cup Final at Wembley was a dream come true and I don't care what anyone thinks of Dave Jones he will go down in history for taking us there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:45 pm

blueheaven wrote:What memories that will live with me forever a FA Cup Final at Wembley was a dream come true and I don't care what anyone thinks of Dave Jones he will go down in history for taking us there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Totally agree, the whole squad are city legends and so is Jones

Cardiff City FA cup final?? on the verge of europe?? in this day an age it was a crazy dream which we nearly achieved

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:09 am

Another chapter in the crazy story of Cardiff City football club. That season was one of my favourite as a City fan as it coincided with us not only getting to the FA Cup Final, which we could never even have dreamed of just a few seasons previous when it looked like we could be going into administration, but also cos my son was born on 22nd February. He was 2 weeks late which meant I missed the Hereford trip due to expecting his birth, but went to Boro in what was a long but exciting trip just a week after he was born. Who in the wildest dreams would of put us in the cup final that year?

For me I think we had a good strong squad that season and always thought we was a goalscorer short of a top team that maybe could of won us the cup. Shame too much money was wasted on Fowler which ended up meaning Paul Parry was often played out of position up front alongside JFH, or Steve Thompson who was never the most prolific, more of a nuisance striker really.

Still it's all if's but's and maybe's, the main thing is we got to the cup final and for many of our fans they wont experience a day out like that again. For me the FA Cup hasn't lost any of it's magic especially when you see in the video clip footage of us beating Boro who I think at the time were mid table in the Premiership, and although our ultimate goal is to get to the Premiership I think that day beats any other of recent times regardless of the final score.
:D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D