Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IT help please?

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:27 pm

I can browse the internet and post no problem. The problem I am having is I cannot see anything on the screen when selected from the start menu? IE Help and Support and Control Panel etc. Once clicked,they show at the bottom of the page that they are running (next to the icon tray) but cannot be viewed.(not even the task manager shows on the screen but is running when the CTL/ALT/DELETE buttons are pressed.

The problem seems to have started when I uninstalled Widow Blinds and downloaded a newer version from Download.com

I want to reconfigure to an earlier time to to reset the system with "System Restore" as this would hopefully resolve the problem.

The only thing is I cannot see the "System Restore" to use it?

Any help will be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance. :ayatollah:

Re: IT help please?

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:36 pm

maybe you could start your computer in SAFE MODE and see if that makes any difference. you might be ablle to do a system restore that way. don't know wheter it'll work, but it must be worth a try...

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:42 pm

sadken wrote:maybe you could start your computer in SAFE MODE and see if that makes any difference. you might be ablle to do a system restore that way. don't know wheter it'll work, but it must be worth a try...

Good point, I'll try it now.
Cheers fella. ;)

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:03 pm

Nah, won't let me start up in Safe Mode...restart holding the F8 button but just ain't happening.. worth a try though,cheers. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:10 pm

my newish laptop cant get IE to work properly, its shite - go Firefox mate

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:29 pm

ElGwapo wrote:my newish laptop cant get IE to work properly, its shite - go Firefox mate

I have Firefox and Chrome and use both for different things.

The problem I'm having is that I cannot see other applications on the screen. (My Documents, Help and Support, Control panel etc)

They are just white boxes on my screensaver and also showing as running at the bottom of the screen in the system tray?

Nuts!!! Arrrgh!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:29 pm

Try these people they are great and safe

http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/

Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:03 pm

Press Start Menu

Then type CMB in the start search.

Wait for the dos prompt to come up, a black dialog box

Then type cd \

Then type cd windows\system32\rstrui