Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Sam Salim.........

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Now you have the same shirt sponsor as the leading Sheffield club, just wondered if you will still support them when the clubs merge??? ;)

Re: FAO Sam Salim.........

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:11 pm

milly44 wrote:Now you have the same shirt sponsor as the leading Sheffield club, just wondered if you will still support them when the clubs merge??? ;)

Merge?????? :? You've had to many of them mushroom's cocka!!!! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:12 pm

ha ha found that amusing :lol: :lol:

sheffield we are all united fc :D

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:14 pm

sam salim wrote:
milly44 wrote:Now you have the same shirt sponsor as the leading Sheffield club, just wondered if you will still support them when the clubs merge??? ;)

Merge?????? :? You've had to many of them mushroom's cocka!!!! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

One ''big'' team in Sheffield, sharing the same shirt sponsor to many is the first steps to a romantic future :D
League 2 beckons :)

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:15 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:ha ha found that amusing :lol: :lol:

Are you on the same drugs as Milly, Baz????? :old: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:17 pm

sam salim wrote:

I think we may mixed our drugs up, I wanted to something for a headache, and have had an erection for 3 hours :?

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:20 pm

Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday have forged a twin-sponsorship agreement, the first in English football, where the shirts will carry the names of the same two sponsors.

After news of the six-figure deal broke, some fans speculated it could be the start of a process which, one day, might see the two clubs looking at a merger into a single club.

However, despite an arrangement - called ‘Supporting Sheffield’ - which inevitably ties the clubs closer together off the field, any suggestion that the clubs may become one can be utterly dismissed.

The headline sponsors are Sheffield companies with strong links to both clubs. Motor dealership Gilder Group VW will appear on Wednesday’s home shirt and United’s away shirt, while Westfield Health will be on United’s home shirt and Wednesday’s away kit.

The clubs and sponsors welcomed it as an exciting partnership and United director Scott McCabe said: “It is the first joint deal in English football and, therefore, a footballing first again for the city of Sheffield.”

Owls defender Lewis Buxton said: “It can only be a good thing. It is an innovative way of doing things and might be the best thing to do in tough financial times to benefit the club. I can understand supporters’ cynicism because of the rivalry between the two.”

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:46 pm

milly44 wrote:
sam salim wrote:

I think we may mixed our drugs up, I wanted to something for a headache, and have had an erection for 3 hours :?
you must of had my little blue tablets then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Didn't realise theres a rivalry there tbh, thought it was like the incestuous Liverpool/Everton same city love-in.

Both are in financial meltdown (we should know lol) so a merger would be best all round. But, given the oldest club in the world, Sheffield FC's near £1m windfall yesterday perhaps they should join as well - they're the richest club there as well as the oldest these days :lol:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:57 pm

sam salim wrote:Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday have forged a twin-sponsorship agreement, the first in English football, where the shirts will carry the names of the same two sponsors.

After news of the six-figure deal broke, some fans speculated it could be the start of a process which, one day, might see the two clubs looking at a merger into a single club.

However, despite an arrangement - called ‘Supporting Sheffield’ - which inevitably ties the clubs closer together off the field, any suggestion that the clubs may become one can be utterly dismissed.

The headline sponsors are Sheffield companies with strong links to both clubs. Motor dealership Gilder Group VW will appear on Wednesday’s home shirt and United’s away shirt, while Westfield Health will be on United’s home shirt and Wednesday’s away kit.

The clubs and sponsors welcomed it as an exciting partnership and United director Scott McCabe said: “It is the first joint deal in English football and, therefore, a footballing first again for the city of Sheffield.”

Owls defender Lewis Buxton said: “It can only be a good thing. It is an innovative way of doing things and might be the best thing to do in tough financial times to benefit the club. I can understand supporters’ cynicism because of the rivalry between the two.”

already denial, matter of time Sam ;) :lol:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:57 pm

they could be called Sheffield Saturday :D

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Kiss my arse!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:07 pm

sam salim wrote:Kiss my arse!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ok sheffield sam :D