Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Land sale in doubt???????????

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:55 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... 02/02/card iff-city-face-mounting-pressure-91466-25740567/

We could be in big trouble now...if we were not in enough already

Re: Land sale in doubt???????????

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:56 pm

broken link mate

Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:00 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... -25740567/

hope that works

Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:27 pm

You have no option but to agree with the councils' stance on this, especially if, as believed, the buyers are Cardiff City Shareholders. They would be getting prime land at a knockdown price as well as aiding their other ailing business, i.e. Cardiff City.

A conflict of interests on a piece of land that was given to THEIR football club for free.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Yeah, I've said it once and I'll say it again, it's our own fault. Well, when I say 'our' I mean 'the board'!

Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:49 pm

it's not looking very hopeful is it. :!:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:13 pm

FFS why arent i that surprised :evil:

Were fucked then basically :evil:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:27 pm

it looks like admin for the club.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:58 pm

Wayne S wrote:You have no option but to agree with the councils' stance on this, especially if, as believed, the buyers are Cardiff City Shareholders. They would be getting prime land at a knockdown price as well as aiding their other ailing business, i.e. Cardiff City.

A conflict of interests on a piece of land that was given to THEIR football club for free.

wayne

the land their trying to buy is landlocked specifically for the house of sport.
they cant buy it and then build something else on it.
people should remember that this house of sport should have been built at the same time as the stadium but they could not get a developer interested in doing it.
the land is being bought to put money into the club the house of sport will then be built to satisfy the councils wishes.
whatever investor comes into the club will have to build the house of sport by december 31st this year so this is another obstacle being removed from the getting those investors in.
This is so typical of the way peole react to these situations some one is bending over backwards to try and keep the club alive and everybody starts worrying if anybody is making a fast buck.
i notice no one kicks up a fuss about the club owing a certain contractor 1.5 million
how much do people actually think that land is worth then. as stated above its of no use to anybody unless you want to build the house of sport so its value is minimal.
None of this could be done without the express backing of the shareholders at an EGM anyway so all the knockers can take the decision to put us into admin then.
ffs i dont know why steve borley bothers :evil:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Steve,

I cannot see that there is any doubt that SB doing this is for the benefit of the club alone.

Isn't the problem that the opposition council members are trying to block it as the club broke the trade descriptions act with the golden ticket?

Mike

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:11 pm

Do you think we'll raise the funding needed to pay the tax man steve? I truely hope we do but im a little sceptical . :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:17 pm

keith pontin wrote:Steve,

I cannot see that there is any doubt that SB doing this is for the benefit of the club alone.

Isn't the problem that the opposition council members are trying to block it as the club broke the trade descriptions act with the golden ticket?

Mike

yes mike and i understand their views
but if this dosent get ratified then the white haired liar has succceded in f*cking the club up.
I dont think the whole cardiff city fan base should suffer because of one incompetent and hopefully common sense will prevail as the council needs the house of sport as well.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:18 pm

whatever investor comes into the club will have to build the house of sport by december 31st this year so this is another obstacle being removed from the getting those investors in. sorry no nothing about business,but how will it benfit investors.do it mean the club will not be responsible for the house of sport and pmg will ?

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:19 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:Do you think we'll raise the funding needed to pay the tax man steve? I truely hope we do but im a little sceptical . :ayatollah:

if you go the councils website the council are actually recommending that the land sale goes ahead and the meeting is going on as we speak

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:21 pm

wayne wrote:whatever investor comes into the club will have to build the house of sport by december 31st this year so this is another obstacle being removed from the getting those investors in. sorry no nothing about business,but how will it benfit investors.do it mean the club will not be responsible for the house of sport and pmg will ?

no wayne steve borley has to build it and run it and allow the council to set their own sports centre of excellence there and the club would use it instead of the vale.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:22 pm

Funny thing (well not funny now!) BUT this land was actually owned by my Grandfathers family and they had to go to court to have some leaglities to sort back in the time - they were granted what they needed all went to the pub to celebrate and NOT one of them went back to sign the deeds!!!!! (bloody p!$$heads got a lot to answer for lol) !

About 20 years ago my Uncle actually looked at getting things sorted on it but worked out for the Solicitor fee's and the amount of relatives to share the land with - would not be worth his while/time and money - talk about pissed off with everything now going on over there!

:ayatollah:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:26 pm

steve davies wrote:
keith pontin wrote:Steve,

Mike

yes mike and i understand their views
but if this dosent get ratified then the white haired liar has succceded in f*cking the club up.
I dont think the whole cardiff city fan base should suffer because of one incompetent and hopefully common sense will prevail as the council needs the house of sport as well.

My thought are it will be 50/50. Like a lot of us, some council members are beginning to wonder whether it wouldn't be better for the club to go into administration, and get rid of the SCUM once and for all.

I actually suspect that if the council turns us down, the £2.7m could be raised by 'interested parties'. ie, those who have most to lose.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:30 pm

My thought are it will be 50/50. Like a lot of us, some council members are beginning to wonder whether it wouldn't be better for the club to go into administration, and get rid of the SCUM once and for all.

I actually suspect that if the council turns us down, the £2.7m could be raised by 'interested parties'. ie, those who have most to lose.[/quote]

AND if these "interested" parties have to raise the cash - does this mean they will then begin to realise they have to get rid of certain people and how they "run" the club!

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:37 pm

Jez wrote:My thought are it will be 50/50. Like a lot of us, some council members are beginning to wonder whether it wouldn't be better for the club to go into administration, and get rid of the SCUM once and for all.

I actually suspect that if the council turns us down, the £2.7m could be raised by 'interested parties'. ie, those who have most to lose.

AND if these "interested" parties have to raise the cash - does this mean they will then begin to realise they have to get rid of certain people and how they "run" the club![/quote]

Hall and Guy have a potential £10 -£15 million pay off if the club gets back on the right footing. It is quite surprising that PMG aren't represented at board level, and just as surprising that Ridsdale, Hall and Guy seem to be on good terms.

I suspect that they don't blame Ridsdale as much as we do, and it's probably a case of the peasants revolting a bit to strongly.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:43 pm

It's disappointing since I'm a Cardiff fan and don't want the club to go into admin, but at the same time I realise that anything that gets Ridsdale OUT is probably a good thing.

I'll support Cardiff no matter what - whether we go into admin and go down (hope not lol!), or whether we stay in the Championship and avoid relegation.

So yeah; in some ways I just want to see Ridsdale OUT - even if that does mean administration.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Land sale agreed

Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:25 pm

cardiff city stadium wrote:Land sale agreed

Just seen that on HTV, good news for a change. No doubt PR will have his greasy fingers in the pot somewhere tho.