Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T Boxing - Kevin Mitchell

Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:52 pm

Absolute Class Act.

He, along with Amir Khan is going to be the next big thing in my opinion. Beaten by Katsidis but he came back and fought tonight in one of the best fights in British boxing in a very long time. What a great fight and it was a great stoppage.

Anyone else watch it? :D

Re: O/T Boxing - Kevin Mitchell

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:34 pm

Amazing fight and to be fair he showed real class and the good side of british boxing in his post fight interview. I was a massive Kevin Mitchell fan but I will be honest his out of the ring problems have been well documented and after the Katsidis fight I wrote him off.

Ive watched it twice and I still dont understand how Murray doesnt put him away when he has him in trouble in the 2nd. Great fight but to be honest Rios would destory him, he would be better off targeting vacant wbc belt

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:46 pm

NinianBluebird1927 wrote:Absolute Class Act.

He, along with Amir Khan is going to be the next big thing in my opinion. Beaten by Katsidis but he came back and fought tonight in one of the best fights in British boxing in a very long time. What a great fight and it was a great stoppage.

Anyone else watch it? :D

great fight but disagree about khan hes good but overated :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:00 am

jinks-rct wrote:
great fight but disagree about khan hes good but overated :ayatollah:

I dont think so. With the right guidance, as long as he follows it, he can be a British great. I know hes lost a fight which wasn't expected but most great fighters do. Pacquiao has lost fights against nobodies and then came on and upped his game, went into more serious training camps and has reaped the benefits from doing so. Khan will be a great as long as he don't get complacent, which you could say about any boxer.

Khan can be a great, it just depends how he applies what Roach teaches him.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:16 am

I know Kevin and a few of his close mates and his brother vinnie , when he lost against katsides he stood no chance before the fight started as his head was all over the place has his long time bird split with him 2 nights before the fight , no excuses but he is a proper nice bloke