Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Something funny you have seen when been to a game

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:45 am

This was in the seventys, we had been up country Blackpool I think the game was, we had to pull into the services because of a flat tyre, we all went for food, 45 mins later, I went back to the bus, the driver had lifted the cover to see the condition of the tyre from inside; there was no sign of the driver and in those days no Health and Safety, I noticed the gaping hole and jumped over it, all you could see was the hole and the axle, after a short while a couple get on the bus I remember she had long fair hair and had been regular supporters for years, she was talking over her shoulder to her partner when she approached this Fecking great big hole, it was as if someone had pulled the rug from under her, poor bugger she went down the hole and was sitting on the axle, it was hillarious from where I was sitting, but she must have hurt herself, was anyone on the same coach that day?

Also on the same day a coach load of Villa supporters pulled in to the services they were coming out of the sky lights on top of the bus to get at our coach, I remember City fans gave as good as they got.