Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HELP Email techies

Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:50 pm

My friend's broadband is down and has been for a while, and BT cannot fix it, and she needs to get a load of email, now I know she can access her account from anywhere, but she is probably going to cancel BT, now, I have let her use a made email that I have but does anyone have any idea how to transfer all her emails and mail folders to the new account,again I know that I can forward the emails, but this can only be done one at a time, and she has hundreds and hundreds in saved folders all to do with volentary work she does, I think I have tried everthing, is there anyone who can help? Please, many thanks

Re: HELP Email techies

Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:51 pm

Give Rupert Murdoch a call!!!!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:53 pm

She had a call off him asking which emails he should reply to :lol:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:54 pm

I'm pretty sure you can save your Emails to a file then just open the file on i'm guessing hotmail.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:55 pm

typenamehere wrote:I'm pretty sure you can save your Emails to a file then just open the file on i'm guessing hotmail.

Watch out. UNDERCOVER reporter about. :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:52 pm

Nah! I lost my job when they closed down NOTW :lol:
Come on someone must know how to do this :thumbup:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:56 pm

Try this http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 018AAPyDcA

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:03 pm

Igovernor wrote:My friend's broadband is down and has been for a while, and BT cannot fix it, and she needs to get a load of email, now I know she can access her account from anywhere, but she is probably going to cancel BT, now, I have let her use a made email that I have but does anyone have any idea how to transfer all her emails and mail folders to the new account,again I know that I can forward the emails, but this can only be done one at a time, and she has hundreds and hundreds in saved folders all to do with volentary work she does, I think I have tried everthing, is there anyone who can help? Please, many thanks

Create a new account in Outlook using the settings required for the BT account, propably pop 3. BT will have the settings you need on their website, search for Outlook settings.

After you've created the account Outlook will import all existing emails from that account automatically. Depending on the size of the account it might take a while.

Then whilst in Outlook do: File> Import and Export. Then Export to a file. Then choose "Personal Folder File (*.pst)" from the list. Then click on the top level folder "Personal Folders" and tick the box that says include sub folders. This will make sure you are exporting everything.

Choose a location to save your .pst file and click Finish.

Then when you move to your new email account you can import those old emails using the same sort of method above. Or you can just keep that file to open in Outlook whenever you want something from it.

Hope this helps.

B