Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CCFC MESSAGE BOARD SNIPING GONE TOO FAR

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:18 pm

blueheaven wrote:Absolutely disgusting and totally out of order the thing is people post words on the MSGB's that they would never say face to face and because of this they are absolute cowards and should be banned :twisted:

However as you say these type of people are very much in the minority on both boards and we must remember the vast majority of posters are decent people :old:

Absolutely, the vast majority are decent people :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:18 pm

earniebluemark2 wrote:What is the point to bring your young daughter into anything,is just wrong some people just need to get a life ffs,Keep up the good work carl and ignore the idiots :ayatollah:

well said :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:24 pm

carl
i have seen (along with many others) the crap you take from fools for your updates mate (shocking)
For them to bring your family into it, is pure vile/evil, i for one understand your anger.
On the brighter side though, our town BEAT The jerks 1-0 yesterday...NEATH NEATH NEATH.... :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:26 pm

supercoops wrote:carl
i have seen (along with many others) the crap you take from fools for your updates mate (shocking)
For them to bring your family into it, is pure vile/evil, i for one understand your anger.
On the brighter side though, our town BEAT The jerks 1-0 yesterday...NEATH NEATH NEATH.... :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am from Port Talbot but reside in Neath :lol: :ayatollah:

But still I will join you NEATH NEATH NEATH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Reading this as a father myself has made my blood boil...I admire how calm and collected you've been over the whole affair. fukn nerds thats all they are hiding behind a computer, makes me sick

i dont post on here but post regular on the other board (didnt see the thread in question) and dont particularly like the updates but i find this way to far ,family shouldn't be brought into it , both ccmb and this are an internet forum for a football team at the end of the day and no need to drag family into it .sorry to hear about this carl

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:28 pm

Rhys01 wrote:i dont post on here but post regular on the other board (didnt see the thread in question) and dont particularly like the updates but i find this way to far ,family shouldn't be brought into it , both ccmb and this are an internet forum for a football team at the end of the day and no need to drag family into it .sorry to hear about this carl

Cheers Rhys, people can like or dislike the updates and rubbish them if they wish I have not got a problem with that, but this as you say is too far and has to stop.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:30 pm

Carl

I don't know what was said but if someone said something detrimental to your daughter on a thread they are idiots.

As you probably know I post regularly on CCMB and have often defended them against what I perceive as wrong attacks on here.

But I am not going to defend the indefensible.

Elwood

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:31 pm

have they sent you a private message to apologise to you an your
little girl carl

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:33 pm

JonScam wrote:Reading this as a father myself has made my blood boil...I admire how calm and collected you've been over the whole affair. fukn nerds thats all they are hiding behind a computer, makes me sick

Jon I am far from calm mate.

To be honest I have become immune to the constant remarks but seeing how upset my missus was by the remarks made me realise how low it has become.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:33 pm

carlccfc wrote:Today I was told of a particular thread that was posted on CCMB and that there was mentions on there about myself and my daughter.

Now before I start to explain the reason for this post, firstly I will say I thought long before deciding whether or not to post this particular thread as it could and probably will create more angst between both message boards, but given the reasons behind it I have decided to make my feelings known on this board to hopefully curtail a situation or at best to stop it happening to anyone else.

I know more than most that when I post information on this board then I am accepting criticism or credit in equal measure and from all readers who wish to read it. I have never reacted to any comments made against me, despite some of them being insulting and out of order but the way I see it I am fair game and it is the nature of the beast.

But today in a thread on CCMB regarding job losses at Media Wales brought about posts by the users WJ99, Dom D'Orgeval and Alex and between the 3 of them they decided that my daughter, who is 10 years old, is also part of the game too.

NO she is not.

I have spoken with Mike Morris this afternoon and he removed the posts upon request but the more I have been thinking about it the more it has bothered me. I am not tarnishing every poster on CCMB with the same brush and I hope that no one else does either as there are many good people on CCMB and like any message board there are a few that will let the side down.

There is a moral issue to this post and that is this message board, and after speaking again to Mike Morris in the last 20 mins, and CCMB will not tolerate people's families and in particular children being brought into postings. It is neither necessary nor welcomed and I will warn anyone on this message board that if any poster chooses to go down that route on this board then you will be banned without warning.

In the past six months I have had disgusting posts removed regarding my daughter on a Swansea message board and though these latest posts are not of the same nature they are still immoral and I will not accept them.

I will reiterate I am fair game like the posters above are but mine and their families are not.

carl,i had no idea that your family had been used in any posts,its a sad state of affairs that it has come to you having to put this message out,i post very little on here now as im sick of arseholes on here trying to belittle anyone who dares to have an opinion,you dont deserve this carl, actually no-one does. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:34 pm

sleepers wrote:have they sent you a private message to apologise to you an your
little girl carl

no.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Good post, Elwood - you seem a decent bloke.

Fact remains, we've seen thread after thread, post after post by the same group of people over there. Anything and everything Carl posts, snipe,snipe, snipe,mock,mock mock.

Now this.

Have MM or TVB referenced this? Made a thread that it's totally unacceptable? Banned the idiots? Has anything ever been mentioned of there to stop the shit which continually stems from that board?

No. Because the lack of action against certain posters in the past makes it very difficult to do anything now.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:36 pm

carl that is very dis respectful and i think the perons involved should send you an apology at the least.there is no need for
your daughter to be brought up at all. keep up the good work matey :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:40 pm

I really can not see what damage Carl does to be slagged of by anyone well maybe a jack or opposition team but our own supporters its shameful but then it gets worse having a go at the poor blokes daughter is totally disgusting.

I am totally gobsmacked and shocked and angry so god knows how you feel Carl as I just wished we didnt have tossers like that down as Cardiff City supporters.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:48 pm

carlccfc wrote:
JonScam wrote:Reading this as a father myself has made my blood boil...I admire how calm and collected you've been over the whole affair. fukn nerds thats all they are hiding behind a computer, makes me sick

To be honest I have become immune to the constant remarks but seeing how upset my missus was by the remarks made me realise how low it has become.

Thats rough to hear mate, I can imagine how wound up you are if its had such an effect on your missus as well. To think we're all City fans as well (supposedly). Theyve got to be little boys who have no sense of consequence in regard to their actions, because surely fully grown fellas wouldnt act in such a cowardly and pathetic way. I really hope this sparks the end of it for you - and it should as well.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:01 pm

In the world of football rivalry you can almost slightly understand the possibility of a jak attempting to offend carls family not to offend the individual purposely but to rile on a rivalry basis alone, (however if met in person probably wouldnt) as its very easy to have a couple of cans and type away.... but your own supporters, united together at wembley, the CCS, fellow bluebirds and the weakness to target a 10 year old girl is nothing to do with football banter. Its pure sadistical cowardiss from individuals who are nothing short of pure scum. would they slander carls daughter to her face, NO. Would they agree what was said if in person ? NO. Would they stand in the centre circle on the pitch of OUR club with a mic and confirm to 20,000 bluebirds what they stated regarding a 10 year old girl. NO. Why dont the big boys that they are arrange a supporters meeting and explain to South Wales exactly what they meant. Peices of shit is what is they are and nothing more. If your reading this thread, send me a private message and i'll tell you IN PERSON what pathetic, weak little boys you are. Your not city supporters, your complete and utter dickheads..... be brave, go and meet carls daughter and tell her in person you pathetic pricks :evil: :evil:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:03 pm

nerd wrote:Good post, Elwood - you seem a decent bloke.

Fact remains, we've seen thread after thread, post after post by the same group of people over there. Anything and everything Carl posts, snipe,snipe, snipe,mock,mock mock.

Now this.

Have MM or TVB referenced this? Made a thread that it's totally unacceptable? Banned the idiots? Has anything ever been mentioned of there to stop the shit which continually stems from that board?

No. Because the lack of action against certain posters in the past makes it very difficult to do anything now.

Nerd

I'm a wonderful warm human being.

Not without my faults of course ( I'm sure I've criticised some of your posts in the past ,but we can of course argue where we disagree in a civilised manner)

I don't like peoples family being brought into it.

I do tend to agree actually on this occasion it does seem that knuckles ought to be rapped

Elwood

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Prehaps naming them will now stop this nonsense . I know theres someone on facebook who one or two of the names ive seen mentioned constantly ridicule for no reason all hes done is be a city fan.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:15 pm

bluecyw wrote:Prehaps naming them will now stop this nonsense . I know theres someone on facebook who one or two of the names ive seen mentioned constantly ridicule for no reason all hes done is be a city fan.

Again I named the three involved so the thread did not become a slanging match between AAMB and CCMB, I believe I did the right thing.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:16 pm

One of the posters concerned, Alex, has apologised to me via pm which I have accepted.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:19 pm

Sorry to here of this Carl how LOW can people go the end of the day we are all city fans and should not argue with each other.
Most members on the other board are good people its just a few nutters have nothing better to do.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:29 pm

Unbelievable.

Carl, your a top fella, made me feel really welcome on my first trip with you. As for your posts, you obviously get all this info, rumour, gossip and fact sent your way, you could keep it to yourself and your mates. But No, because of your love for this football club you decide to share it with us fellow bluebirds, and I really appreciate that, as I would do the same in your position.

It seems of course that not everybody agrees with this, such is life, everybodys different with their own opinion and I respect that. They dont have to read it after all! And I am sure you wouldnt post a story if you felt it would undermine the ivory towers at CCS and cause problems. In fact I know you have touched upon this in a few posts. But to stoop to name calling and involving children, if this is so, is staggering. This is a football team we are talking about here, not the kind of dark shite we read in the news everyday! Its a sport!! I used to post on CCMB for years with the same username, only left cos I found it so slow! But always found everyone great on there! Used to have a right laugh in the wee small hours! It only takes one though. We are all blue blooded so lets stick together Bluebirds, all forums, come on guys!! :ayatollah:

All the best Carl

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Absolutely disgusting behaviour, Carl you've proved that you're a bigger man than these cowards will ever be and you know that you have the full support and backing of this message board :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Carl I'm sorry to hear your distress......but one point I would like too throw into the mix is.....that kids post on these sites, I know my Boy posts and gets slaughtered sometimes with how he sees things.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:39 pm

Really sorry to hear this Carl.

Not many people I call scum - not even Swansea related people - but these are.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:40 pm

It would be ironic if everyone pm'd them and let them know their feelings of disgust, that is until they get chance to tell them face to face.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:40 pm

I have just received a second apology this time from Dom D'Orgeval, I have accepted his apology also.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Do they post on here then aswell?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:44 pm

carlccfc wrote:

When it concerns you mate then sticks and stones come into it, but when it becomes personal against family members especially young children then thats a different ball game, being a dad myself i am protective of my family and if anyone abuses or insults them then its time to protect your own. :ayatollah: