Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Apprentice Winner

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Really glad Tom won fair play shows the Geeks can triumph :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: The Apprentice Winner

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Obviously don't know him but I am chuffed for him.

Look on Helen's face when he won. Haha.

To be honest, you could see that Sugar liked Tom from the word go.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:05 pm

Yeh happy with that i originally wanted jim to win but am happy with tom seems like a nice guy

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:07 pm

helen was a complete bitch at the end. her idea was shit , but then she tried to cheat and put another idea across. how ridiculous.

delighted tom won, seems to be a nice guy who just needs a boost.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Got to give it to tom to, getting a product into wall mart must not be easy!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Does anyone find the programme with dara obrien after it slightly cringeworthy?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Does anyone find the programme with dara obrien after it slightly cringeworthy?

He needs to stop and breathe more often.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Well done Tom!! Proves nice people can win :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Yeh happy with that i originally wanted jim to win but am happy with tom seems like a nice guy

Jim's a billy bullshit artist. All talk, no ideas.

Alan Sugar wanted a business partner, not a salesman, not an office manager. Tom has creative ideas, has brought a product to market including getting it in with a massive retail company. That's precisely the type of person being looked for,

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:19 pm

nerd wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Yeh happy with that i originally wanted jim to win but am happy with tom seems like a nice guy

Jim's a billy bullshit artist. All talk, no ideas.

Alan Sugar wanted a business partner, not a salesman, not an office manager. Tom has creative ideas, has brought a product to market including getting it in with a massive retail company. That's precisely the type of person being looked for,

Yeh ur rite there mate he gave me some laughs though,wot a funny guy

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:20 pm

What alot of wank putting it on tonight, I thought it was on Wednesday as usual.

That really f*cking blows goats!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:20 pm

after seeing helen in the thing with dara after i thought she should have been hired now come on which one would everyone prefer to be partners with a geek or a smoking hot girl :P

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:22 pm

HELEN PLEASE SIT ON MY FACE AND MONKEYFACE ME BITCH

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Casual wrote:HELEN PLEASE SIT ON MY FACE AND MONKEYFACE ME BITCH

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:19 am

Midfield general wrote:Sorry but Sugar should have picked Helen and she was right if she have had 6 years in business she wouldn't want financial support from Sugar anymore as she would have made it.

I bet shes already employed by Sugar at some level but he wont let her go

helen is more of an assistant imo, which funnily enough is her job :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:46 pm

Midfield general wrote:Sorry but Sugar should have picked Helen and she was right if she have had 6 years in business she wouldn't want financial support from Sugar anymore as she would have made it.

I bet shes already employed by Sugar at some level but he wont let her go

No, I'm surprised it wasn't a straight fight between Susan and Tom, the only 2 people in the last 4 with real experience of bringing products to market. Helen had her idea rejected out of hand, she was asked why she didn't launch a product in the line of work she is familiar with (ie bakeries) and, lo and behold, they go out of the boardroom, go back in and she has a wonderful idea to launch a chain of bakeries. I think they saw through that little ruse

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Tom winning just made a mockery of the whole process. He lost nearly every task.

If Sugar just wanted a products person / entrepeneur then all the candidates should have been people from that background.

Sugar didnt even like his business plan FFS, the Chair wont be going into production, he just had his eyes on the curved nail file.

Joke ending.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:36 pm

yer no problem with tom winning but personally would of loved to see suzie win, saw a program about her life with her mother really an amazing story....

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:07 pm

polo wrote:Tom winning just made a mockery of the whole process. He lost nearly every task.

If Sugar just wanted a products person / entrepeneur then all the candidates should have been people from that background.

Sugar didnt even like his business plan FFS, the Chair wont be going into production, he just had his eyes on the curved nail file.

Joke ending.

Agree, the winner had a business plan that didn't mention the actually product by name, was full of wrong figures, in fact supposedly none of the figures were correct and the judge told him he didn't like his actual idea, he still won though.
Bizarre, should've just stuck to the usual format or completely changed it.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:14 pm

All four business plans were shit. I think Sugar has kissed goodbye to his £250,000 but having a fortune of £800m I don't think he will loose too much sleep over it.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:26 pm

:ayatollah: I thought it was pretty crap to be honest.

Made the whole process a waste of time.

For all we know Vincent could have had the best Business proposal of the lot.

Its clear Lord Sugar wanted Tom from the start, thats how he survived with so many losses.

In fact, they even put the winning part in his mouth by asking him how he got into Wallmart, all looked very staged to me.

Hope they revert back to the old concept next series.

:ayatollah: