Re: Ipswich Bid

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Nooooo chance Hornet!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:12 pm

:D lol worth a try

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:13 pm

No chance he's so important for us. Tell me who we could get who would score and get as many as assists as him. Malky already said he pivotal to us so if he's sold then that shows the board isn't doing what malky wants. Even if we have bought in players we still need to keep whitts!!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:13 pm

I cant see Whits going tbh unless for a silly amount,

Chopra went because he caused a lot of unrest in the camp

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:26 pm

If its around 4 mill id sell him.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:28 pm

ngriffiths wrote:If its around 4 mill id sell him.

I'd drive him up there for 4mil mate,i love whitts and appreciate him for the player he is im not 1 of the people who would 'snap their hands off for 1.5m' but for 4m its a no brainer

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:51 pm

According to a ipswich mate, they bidded 2.75 Million for him. Hope MM see's sense to say no :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:52 pm

TheHunter! wrote:According to a ipswich mate, they bidded 2.75 Million for him. Hope MM see's sense to say no :ayatollah:

Is it MM decision or the board?

Either way I reckon it will be rejected immediately!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:54 pm

Before in years gone by i would have said we defo would sell for that price but now i think if whitts is part of malkys plans which he says is then the board have got 100% say no

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:57 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:
TheHunter! wrote:According to a ipswich mate, they bidded 2.75 Million for him. Hope MM see's sense to say no :ayatollah:

Is it MM decision or the board?

Either way I reckon it will be rejected immediately!

I would expect it to be MM unless its a silly amount and board might intervene.
But yes i hope its rejected!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:31 pm

i think he is central to mm plans , and i think any bid under 4 mil will be rejected...

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:35 am

If that is the figure that Ipswich have bid for Whittingham, then I would accept it. Then I would go and spend the money on Lewis McGugan from Nottingham Forest, now there's a midfielder/winger who will score just as many goals than Whittingham from midfield. Also, McGugan and Earnshaw are great mates and they play really well together. McGugan would be my replacement for Whitts.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:50 am

Seeing as he's just resigned for another 3 years, if we WERE to sell him then we should be able to get a lot more than he's actually worth.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:51 am

we got debts to pay and every player has his price............ 2.75 mil for whitts prob test the water

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:35 am

geggs_ccfc wrote:

If that is the figure that Ipswich have bid for Whittingham, then I would accept it. Then I would go and spend the money on Lewis McGugan from Nottingham Forest, now there's a midfielder/winger who will score just as many goals than Whittingham from midfield. Also, McGugan and Earnshaw are great mates and they play really well together. McGugan would be my replacement for Whitts.

id like to see us go for mcgugan anyway... top class midfielder who gets goals and creates many chances... if we do have some money to spend this is the sort of player we should be looking at...

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:18 am

what the fu.k was that all about :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:16 am

troobloo3339 wrote:what the fu.k was that all about :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

:lol: I was just thinking that myself :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:20 am

2.75? id snap thier hands off :o

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:55 am

Ben wrote:2.75? id snap thier hands off :o

I wouldn't sell him - 36 goals in two seasons from midfield is too important to us. Anything above £3m would have to be considered especially if we could get hold of a replacement, but we have to stop becoming a selling club and tell others silly prices or feck off basically!

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:00 am

Merlin wrote:
Ben wrote:2.75? id snap thier hands off :o

I wouldn't sell him - 36 goals in two seasons from midfield is too important to us. Anything above £3m would have to be considered especially if we could get hold of a replacement, but we have to stop becoming a selling club and tell others silly prices or feck off basically!

Agreed

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:42 am

all opinions welcome, that was my opinion

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:46 am

We cant afford to lose Whits to someone in our league IMO, i would be more reluctant to take the apparent bid if it was from a premier league team