Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What are your reasons why you love/hate Ledley.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:36 am

This is my view he's a Cardiff boy made by the club a team he followed as a boy the team he still loves his family still follow the club to most games scored in fa cup semi (not many city players have) booked us a place in play offs with his goal v QPR played out of skin for us in the cup final along with chops (when most didn't turn up) also played with a dodgy him when he could of got it seen to asap. Thats enough for me to be proud of ANOTHER top player to come out of our ranks.

Be intersting to see what people who don't like him views are! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: What are your reasons why you love/hate Ledley.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:42 am

Agents and press and peter ridsdale aren't the best people to trust! :lol:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:52 am

So what he wanted to leave,if he signed a contract in Jan and then went to Celtic for a fee people will still slate him for misleading the fans he didn't know his future himself intill after the final so he waited he's human afterall i respect your views but just saying we all want the best for our family and now his new born baby.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:55 am

Apart from score the winner that got us to the play offs and playing out of his socks in the play off final.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:04 am

He did well in other games just pointing out what the big things he did also being a fan of the club is enough for me to respect him.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:13 am

Yes mate depends what way you look at it as person i like him anyway but if you judge him on what you've said i totally get it! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:14 am

He also played well up at Leicester in the Play Off Semi.

Ledley will always be a Cardiff hero! Along with Chopra, he ALWAYS stepped up to the occassion and did well. He loved our club.

Still one of my favourite players even though he plays for Celtic :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:38 am

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:This is my view he's a Cardiff boy made by the club a team he followed as a boy the team he still loves his family still follow the club to most games scored in fa cup semi (not many city players have) booked us a place in play offs with his goal v QPR played out of skin for us in the cup final along with chops (when most didn't turn up) also played with a dodgy him when he could of got it seen to asap. Thats enough for me to be proud of ANOTHER top player to come out of our ranks.

Be intersting to see what people who don't like him views are! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I wouldn,t go as far as to say i hate him, more disappointed, all along he said he would only leave us to test himself in the premiership (english) but eventually left for the footballers graveyard of scotland, two reasons for this:-
1. No premier league team wanted him despite him being available for nothing.
2. His agent convinced him to go to celtic for the money which also meant his agent gets a good lift as well.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:49 am

How can anyone have anything against Joe (apart from the fact he went to Celtic) ;) :lol: for you LB.

Its a short career and he had been at Cardiff since he was a child. He had the opportunity to move away, live in another City, play in Europe, play in another League and double his money. He gave his all for Cardiff and must have thought at the time that City were going no further.

Im Cardiff City through and through but if I had been playing down there for 10-12 years and I thought the club wasnt moving forward I wouldnt stay out of blind faith. Its his life. If someone comes up with an attractive offer, you got to go and thats what Joe did.

Good luck to him

:ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:59 am

100% Cardiff boy, met him a few times and know members of his family. And I trust these people a 1000% more than P.R. or any press...

When P.R. stated (and he did that a few times) that the club offered a good contract, good money and the club urges Joe to sign etc, there WASN'T even ANY OFFER from CCFC.

And that went on and on and on, and the press made a huge story out of this, created a scapegoat and a lot of people fell for that. Only to find out, after the Riddler was gone, that Joe was right and the club is to blame for it, that Joe went away for a free...

Then people say "well, he could have stayed at the City", tell you what he is a professional footballer. He makes his money while playing. And when someone comes in with a good offer, of course he considers it. And at the time the Celtic offer wasnt even the best offer, it was the only offer, as I understand it. So what should he do? Just wait, just in case cardiff comes up with an offer eventually?

Ah well, and now people slate him cos he went for the SPL, earning a good salary. Yes the league in total isnt as good as the Championship, but he went for one of the biggest names in interenational football, a club where he will sooner or later win a national championship and play Champions league...

I back Joe a 100% (even if it would have been Rangers) and I hope to see him back in our shirt sooner or later...

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: JOE LEDLEY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:37 am

That goal at FA cup semi final made mine and my brother's day at wembley :ayatollah:

At the end of the day I was pissed off he didn't stay or sign for an English club so we could've got compo but at the end of the day its up to him where goes shame we didn't have Malky in charge then he would've presuaded Ledley better than that fat scouse b*stard or Yorkie ripper.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:49 am

he and his family before breaking into the cardiff city sqaud were liverpool fans FACT

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:57 am

Ben wrote:he and his family before breaking into the cardiff city sqaud were liverpool fans FACT

And? He gave his all to the club when he was playing so what's the big deal? As long as these players give 100% to their contracts for the time they're at their clubs - Im not bothered where they are from or their backgrounds previously! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:07 am

I think he was a quality player and we dropped the ball massively by not managing to keep him.

Don't think the blame should be on his shoulders for the way it all ended, Ridsdale and DJ didn't do enough in my opinion, they should have got him to sign a proper contract 2 years before it ran out.

Wasn't he on a lower paid youth contract for a few years longer than he was supposed to be? (Seem to remember hearing something along these lines at the time but not sure now). If true then I reckon they took him for granted for too long - even if it is your home town/ childhood favourite club, if your employer pisses you about you can only take so much before the milk turns sour...

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:13 am

Merlin wrote:
Ben wrote:he and his family before breaking into the cardiff city sqaud were liverpool fans FACT

And? He gave his all to the club when he was playing so what's the big deal? As long as these players give 100% to their contracts for the time they're at their clubs - Im not bothered where they are from or their backgrounds previously! :ayatollah:

AND?? he's always qouted and saying "cardiff boy, cardiff fan playing for his side he supported" etc when infact they were all liverpool fans and his parents used to travel to anfield, even joe used to wear his liverpool shirt when he was younger

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:17 am

He is a legend! Great player for us :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:36 am

Its straightforward

Somebody has been telling lies

Either Ledley or Ridsdale.

Anyone who would believe the shite that came out of Ridsdales mouth
wants locking up.

Good luck Joe.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:40 am

i dont see why people have anything against he had been playing for us 6 years before leaving but some people have this idea of players leaving because "they no longer want to play the club" or they're "money grabbing b*****ds" but i'm gutted his left but he's gone now nothing i can do. but people opinions are different and we just all have to respect them even :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:58 pm

Dont love him or hate him. Dont think he is as good a player as was made out, although the last season at Ninian he was outstanding.

Dont understand the abuse he got, its his life / career if he wants to make as much money for himself and family I applaud that, and besides its his perogative.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Ben wrote:
Merlin wrote:

AND?? he's always qouted and saying "cardiff boy, cardiff fan playing for his side he supported" etc when infact they were all liverpool fans and his parents used to travel to anfield, even joe used to wear his liverpool shirt when he was younger

Bellamy was a Liverpool fan too. So does that mean he was lying too when he said the whole "my club, my people" thing?

Joe is a City fan. End of :ayatollah: And even if he wasnt....he was a dedicated servant to our club. I believe he genuinly loves CCFC.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:05 pm

I feel nothing about him at all.
Think about the same as him as I do Jay.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Joe was awsome for us then for some reason since he got switched from the left to the Centre of midfield he hasn't been the same player. But he is still young and by all accounts has established himself well with Celtic.
But regarding his contract and the way he left TBF we don't know what happened did we ? Remember Ridsdale was here then so can you believe him ? And also Jones was a knob. So we have to be fair we cannot condemn the Lad because we don't know what happened.
But one thing i do know to be true is Joe Ledley is a CCFC fan and always will be so i wish him well.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:09 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:This is my view he's a Cardiff boy made by the club a team he followed as a boy the team he still loves his family still follow the club to most games scored in fa cup semi (not many city players have) booked us a place in play offs with his goal v QPR played out of skin for us in the cup final along with chops (when most didn't turn up) also played with a dodgy him when he could of got it seen to asap. Thats enough for me to be proud of ANOTHER top player to come out of our ranks.

you ask people for their opinions then you keep on arguing if its not what you want to hear cant you just respect others think diferently ? :roll:

bollox to mr average joe ledley

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:28 pm

BALLS TO LEDLEY!!!!

like I said in another thread i wont boo him, because i would rather save my breath.
I wont clap him, because my hands will be in my pockets in respect of DAVE JONES the greatest manager we have ever had ;)

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:26 pm

I dont love or hate ledley, Thought he always gave his all in a blue shirt and has done well for himself for being just another player in the game.
His contract was running down and Jones or the Riddler did feck all about it so he moved on and got a nice pay rise, You cant fault him for that.We would change jobs for a huge rise wouldn't we ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:40 pm

Obviously love him for that goal vs Barnsley

Don't hate him, just disappointed he chose Celtic over a Premier League team, just shows no desire.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:23 pm

Good views lads seems like alot you respect him but are confused why he went to the spl understandable i suppose! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:12 pm

Could he have signed a contract at the end of the season though, I thought there was a embargo on signing players when Joe left, which was not lifted till after he signed for Celtic.

Personally he would have been one of the first on my team sheet,always gave 100%, and put more effort in with his 2 wonky hips
in one game, than some other players did in 12 games