Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Regan going for Black

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:28 pm

My Son Regan hopefully will be going for his black belt at Shotokan Karate this weekend in Bath as soon as his Sensei signs his forms, which hopefully he will this Thursday. He has trained his backside off for over 3 years and i have never seen someone so determined as he is at the moment. Admittedly it is going to be damned hard, they don't give these grade's away which is only right. Like a driving test you fail on one thing and he will fail the whole lot. He will have to show he can do sequence, Kata , and Fighting. We will be there about 10am until about 7 pm and then and only then will he find out if he has passed or not.

I have asked before gradings and competitions for you lot to wish him luck and he reads all the messages, so can you please leave your messages again for him and come Saturday night if he has his first Dan grade i will be the proudest Dad in the World. I think my Wife and myself are ten times more nervous than he is :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Regan going for Black

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:38 pm

All the best Regan for saturday mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:46 pm

All the best! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Good luck Harry :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:49 pm

Good luck Harry :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:54 pm

nukes......... :lol:

good luck to regan :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:43 pm

Good luck young man, was a pleasure to meet you last weekend... :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Good Luck Regan, You will do it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Do yourself and your mum and dad pround.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:49 pm

best of luck young chief!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:10 pm

I had my First Dan a few years back, so know how hard it is to train for it and how much effort it takes! All the Best! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:18 pm

Lots & lots of Luck, hope you do it !! :) :)

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Best of luck Regan.

:ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:32 pm

Well done u must be proud parents :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Good Luck Regan...sure you'll do it matey!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Oh and Eryn says "Beat um all up" which I'm sure isnt the aim but she's 8 and you know what she means! :lol:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Good Luck Regan :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Good Luck Regan, all the best. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:34 pm

Good luck and best wishes Regan. :naka:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Go on Regan, you can do it son, remember, "pain is just weakness leaving the body" ;)

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:44 pm

I don't know you Nukes but you sound rightly proud at your sons achievements. Too many people slag off todays youth but forget that many parents put so much love time and effort in to raising children they can be proud of. PROUD OF HIM.....He should also be proud of you. Well done Son and all the very best in ALL that you do. 8-) 8-)

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 pm

I will be showing him this thread soon and he will be amazed how many have left messages of support which is fantastic. I have even received texts which is a result of this thread. Thank you to all of you that have left messages :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:My Son Regan hopefully will be going for his black belt at Shotokan Karate this weekend in Bath as soon as his Sensei signs his forms, which hopefully he will this Thursday. He has trained his backside off for over 3 years and i have never seen someone so determined as he is at the moment. Admittedly it is going to be damned hard, they don't give these grade's away which is only right. Like a driving test you fail on one thing and he will fail the whole lot. He will have to show he can do sequence, Kata , and Fighting. We will be there about 10am until about 7 pm and then and only then will he find out if he has passed or not.

I have asked before gradings and competitions for you lot to wish him luck and he reads all the messages, so can you please leave your messages again for him and come Saturday night if he has his first Dan grade i will be the proudest Dad in the World. I think my Wife and myself are ten times more nervous than he is :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

good luck regan :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:15 pm

GOOD LUCK MATE! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Good luck Regan,did my kickboxing one few years ago,really tough,but great feeling when u pass

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Got told tonight at last Fridays Mock grading he was the stand out by the Sensei who took it :D :D :D :D :D

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:25 am

TaibachBluebird wrote:I had my First Dan a few years back, so know how hard it is to train for it and how much effort it takes! All the Best! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Did i talk to you on the way up to Palace on the Forum bus Chief ? I was the one running to the toilet with travel sickness :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:31 am

Good Luck

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:42 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Good Luck

:? :? Why do we have a picture of Gazza for ? I know is Son is called Regan but just a tad :?

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:58 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
TaibachBluebird wrote:I had my First Dan a few years back, so know how hard it is to train for it and how much effort it takes! All the Best! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Did i talk to you on the way up to Palace on the Forum bus Chief ? I was the one running to the toilet with travel sickness :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep thats me mate :ayatollah: Looks even better now he was the stand out person in the mock grading too! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:23 pm

TaibachBluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Yep thats me mate :ayatollah: Looks even better now he was the stand out person in the mock grading too! :ayatollah:

God help any fuckers that want to mess with the Forum bus next season :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Regan had his Papers signed last night and we are of to Bath at 8.30. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: The nerves are kicking in now!! Not for him but ME !! :lol: :lol: :lol: