Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What does this mean for Cardiff?

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:01 pm

If anyone saw 'How To Buy A Football Club' on C4, then you'll know that Cardiff was mentioned a few times.

Vincent Tan's name appeared on the laptop alongside a figure of £18 million.

They also talked about exploiting the loan system.

Also mentioned was a good PR team to help get the fans on side.

Sound familiar?

What does this, if anything, mean for Cardiff?

Re: What does this mean for Cardiff?

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Not just Cardiff but a few clubs were mentioned....

Just shows how corrupt the game and society has now become

FA and the Football League need to step in and clean up the game

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Read the question I asked in the 'any1 watching S4C' post earlier.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:07 pm

skybluebird wrote:Read the question I asked in the 'any1 watching S4C' post earlier.

Fair point,,,

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:13 pm

Means nothing, lots of names mentioned.

Dusky Bryan Robsok pretty much dismiss Cardiff because they were to expensive.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Means nothing, lots of names mentioned.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:21 pm

That's not the issue.

About 10-12 minutes in, there's a voiceover part, screen in the background. On that screen is subtitles for that dodgy Leppard guy.

It's pretty clearly what was written - I checked it again via Sky+ .

"Leppard: I met with Vincent Tan last week.".

The questions are thus :-

1) What is the relationship between Leppard and Tan?
2) Was it an enquiry by Leppard of Tan, to see if we were available for purchase?
3) Are there any links between London Nominees and Berjaya?

Without wanting to sound like a doom and gloomer, this is something that based around that could be big.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:23 pm

nerd wrote:Without wanting to sound like a doom and gloomer, this is something that based around that could be big.

My thoughts exactly.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:23 pm

nerd wrote:

That's not the issue.

About 10-12 minutes in, there's a voiceover part, screen in the background. On that screen is subtitles for that dodgy Leppard guy.

It's pretty clearly what was written - I checked it again via Sky+ .

"Leppard: I met with Vincent Tan last week.".

The questions are thus :-

1) What is the relationship between Leppard and Tan?
2) Was it an enquiry by Leppard of Tan, to see if we were available for purchase?
3) Are there any links between London Nominees and Berjaya?

Without wanting to sound like a doom and gloomer, this is something that based around that could be big.

what do you think then nerd ? seeming as you pretty good breaky stuff like this down

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Just so long as we don't end up like Pompey.......being owned by dodgy foreigners!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:32 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:what do you think then nerd ? seeming as you pretty good breaky stuff like this down

Still watching it - sky+'d it. I'm just after the part where Tan's image, name appear on the presentation.

What's clear is Sim and London Nominees are f*cking dirty as hell - and mud splattered amongst people associated with them in any way, shape or form tends to stick.

There have been no allegations (as yet) against Tan. What the program has shown is that Leppard claims to have met Tan. Sim claimed to have advised / helped Tan take us over.

Still half the program to watch, but my thoughts so far are as below.

1) We know Leppard, Sim are dodgy. Did Leppard lie about meeting Tan? Did Sim use Tan's name as an example - ie has Sim, who seems a bit of a fantasist - done anything with regards to Tan's involvement with us?

2) If Leppard and Sim have had dealing with Tan, what were the nature of those dealings? As I've said, did they enquire if we were available? Were any meetings a one off or something more?

Just come up to where Leppard explains how things work - don't think that scenario applies to us.

It's raised questions for Tan, certainly. I wouldn't say there's anything broadcast that indicates any wrongdoing on our part as yet.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:35 pm

nerd wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:what do you think then nerd ? seeming as you pretty good breaky stuff like this down

Still watching it - sky+'d it. I'm just after the part where Tan's image, name appear on the presentation.

What's clear is Sim and London Nominees are f*cking dirty as hell - and mud splattered amongst people associated with them in any way, shape or form tends to stick.

There have been no allegations (as yet) against Tan. What the program has shown is that Leppard claims to have met Tan. Sim claimed to have advised / helped Tan take us over.

Still half the program to watch, but my thoughts so far are as below.

1) We know Leppard, Sim are dodgy. Did Leppard lie about meeting Tan? Did Sim use Tan's name as an example - ie has Sim, who seems a bit of a fantasist - done anything with regards to Tan's involvement with us?

2) If Leppard and Sim have had dealing with Tan, what were the nature of those dealings? As I've said, did they enquire if we were available? Were any meetings a one off or something more?

Just come up to where Leppard explains how things work - don't think that scenario applies to us.

It's raised questions for Tan, certainly. I wouldn't say there's anything broadcast that indicates any wrongdoing on our part as yet.

cheers for that.

could be interesting if tan wants to bring other people to invest in us :shock:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:38 pm

Here's how I see the whole thing:

The Football Fund is a scam with the intention of making a quick buck with other people's money.
They never go in with the intention of buying the club but simply investing and then leaving after 2-5 years as outlined on their website.
You then pay the people at the Football Fund a cut of all the profit made and in return they use their contacts to get persuade players to come to the club. You then also get their help when you want to get the f**k out of the club with your money and run.

The Football Fund risk f**k all and will use other peoples money to invest in clubs and make their money.

Joe Sim said several times he was looking for a club. Bull-fucking-shit. He talked three times about investing himself. Once early on when he claimed they missed out on Watford by an hour. The second time he mentioned owning a club with Sir Alex Ferguson (I honestly feel Joe Sim's relationship with Sir Alex is mostly in his own head and mostly bullshit) when he retires. The last time he was talking about how he will invest with Peter Lim, the man who was close to owning Liverpool.

All three accounts are complete horseshit. He has no intention of buying a club. And he had no intention of looking at taking over Sheffield United. They would have invested in Sheffield United, made their money, taken their 20% cut and then left and moved on.

When talking with the reporter about owning two clubs at the same time early on in the programme it seemed that they were all bending the truth to persuade them to invest and continue on with the deal. They would never be the actual owner and would simply act as an investor in the club behind the scenes.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:45 pm

he did, but he also said later i spoke to vince tan. then about the money put in. and then he went into the office.
:shock: :shock:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:41 pm

What makes me worried is about 12 - 13 mins it on the laptop it say. "we met vincen tan last week" then someone else says "hes put about 18 million in hasnt he?" and the someone else says "we went in his office lat week" then it stops and this was recorded around march? And it got me thinking ... He could be involved because theyve met him AND seem to know about whats hes doing how much money ect ect BUT also it makes me think if he is involved why wasnt there more on it in the programme surely if they had any evidence agianst it they would at least be mentioned a bit more? E.g that dirty joe sims got his grubby curropt fingers in our beautiful welsh club or something liek that so i may be clutching at straws but ehy wasnt he mentiond as eing curropt but then youcould say why did they meet because that sims seems a bit of a liar with all that fergies my brother and loves me yet fergie said he never said that OR is fergie corrupt jheez my brain hurts

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:00 pm

in two words shit and street!

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:02 pm

foreverhorn wrote:in two words shit and street!

ok thanks for all your help :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:10 pm

glammy74 wrote:

poor old Malky, now working for Mr. Dodgy's mate - you do attract them down there don't you Sam Hamman, Ridsdale and now the dodgiest ones of the lot, your the next Pompey mark my words. If Malky could turn back the clock only a few weeks he would now, shame Mackay - enjoy.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:50 pm

foreverhorn wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

poor old Malky, now working for Mr. Dodgy's mate - you do attract them down there don't you Sam Hamman, Ridsdale and now the dodgiest ones of the lot, your the next Pompey mark my words. If Malky could turn back the clock only a few weeks he would now, shame Mackay - enjoy.

you're oh so bitter aint you lmfao
we are Cardiff, we will NEVER die.

In Malky we trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:18 am

Dafydd wrote:If anyone saw 'How To Buy A Football Club' on C4, then you'll know that Cardiff was mentioned a few times.

Sound familiar?

Left wing jealousy.

Means nothing to a Cardiff City fan.

End of.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:20 am

Dafydd wrote:If anyone saw 'How To Buy A Football Club' on C4, then you'll know that Cardiff was mentioned a few times.

Sound familiar?

A good PR team Does that mean Peter Risdale is coming back :oops: :oops:. Lets get behind the team and see what happens. But in the meantime TRUST NO ONE :oops: :roll: :oops: If we get to the premiership VT has done his job :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:23 am

This all means f**k all.

Tan comes over here, he doesnt know football, he perhaps meets a feller who
would just love to hook him into something dodgy.

You watch the Club make a statement about this

CCFC aint done nowt wrong, there was actually no suggestion that we have

I bump into drug dealers in the pub, i know they are drug dealers, i still say
hello and that.

I am clean!!

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:24 am

After watching it a few times, the part about VT was last march when VT had already invested his money. People still believe CCFC are skint and its obvious they were talking about try to buy CCFC off VT hence quoting the figure he's already put in.

Worst case scenario, VT is involved and trying to make money by getting us promoted!! Errrrrr so a business man trying to make money! f**k me, if people thought VT was buying us for the love of Cardiff they need to wake up.

Theres nothing illegal in the whole thing and just a load of sensationalised bullshit.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:15 am

:lol: the only dodgy thing was the reporters trying to buy 2 clubs which aint allowed but like every business theres a way round most rules , i was thinking why out of all the clubs about the reporters were asking about us an wanting to buy us throwing our name about to try stir something up.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/disp ... od#3212204 there's the link if anyone wants to watch it

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:45 am

personally im a bit worried about them mention us alot, They talk about our owners putting in £18 million and that if these 'investors' wanted to buy cardiff, no trouble but it wouldn't be cheap! it seems that we may be in a bit of trouble with the FL and FA but it will be to check where our funds have came from and how our owners have came up with this..
Bit worried tbh at this but lets see where it all goes.....
:ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:58 am

this means nothing calm down everyone. nothing was illegal in that programe except that of trying to buy two clubs which was suggested by the reporter, not joe simm. maybe tan did buy into the fund but all that programme was, was an insight into the dealings of football buisiness. at the end of the day them rich folk from the east put millions of pounds into our club. cheers guys. somebody said they dont think that they are the owners, they are, they have the majority shares.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:06 am

It's Cardiff City FFS!

We will always be in the news/media for one reason or another.

Wouldn't have it any other way. :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:12 am

Image :ayatollah: Image :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:17 am

made me laugh when he said that the championship clubs 17/24 are owned by oversea's owners that could be dead :L :lol:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:24 am

After watching the programme what I took from it was that Sim is a bullshitter, yes he knows this person and that person but he makes it seem more than it is, we can all bandy about club names that are up for sale and if you try hard enough you will be able to get enough together to take over a club, look at our past with Ridsdale etc. What makes anyone think that IF VT is working this scheme we are going to be worse off at the end anyway, the club is running on a more commercial footing, new manager and squad, the tax man isn't knocking on the door. Things have improved for City. VT probably is friendly with this Sim guy after all they are in business in the same part of the world the law of averages says they must be acquainted. VT probably did talk to him about the club after all he has an interest in football and allegedly contacts so it make sense really. If VT is going to sell thye club for profit we will be a low risk acquisition for someone or they won't get any profit from it. They can't sell off old training grounds as suggested in the programme as everything has been done in that respect. The only thing this really proves is that when you follow City and you start to feel positive just watch some b*stard come along and spoil it.