Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: What does this mean for Cardiff?

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:36 am

they said we are available. and that they met vince tan recently. not when he was buying the club recently!!!!!! over the pass 2-3 months

its not good news at all. anyone who says it is, plainly just mad

Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:31 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:they said we are available. and that they met vince tan recently. not when he was buying the club recently!!!!!! over the pass 2-3 months

The comment was that they'd met Tan "last week".

You do not know when the programme was filmed. It wasn't filmed last week; programmes like that take a fair amount of time to air, due to the editting process and requiring careful legal scrutiny.

So you don't actually know whan any such meeting happened or indeed if it actually did happen and wasn't bs.

its not good news at all. anyone who says it is, plainly just mad

How would it be "good news"?

Scaremongering when there have been no allegations made, compounded with a total lack of evidence other than to the nature of Sim and Robson is plainly just mad. When the program refers to "Barnsley Town" and fails to grasp the "dead chairman" is in fact the administrator of his estate, I'd suggest anybody feeling more uncomfortable is plainly just mad.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Totally agree with Nerd, there are a lot of other clubs who need to worry more than us, Sheffield Wednesday for one. Thinking about it if Tan was in with that Sim with all his connections wouldn't we have had better loan players at the start of last season instead of some of the crocks who ended up with us.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:23 pm

It is common knowledge VT has put £18m into CCFC and is looking for investment partners :?

That said anyone who thinks they can buy a football club and make money is really living in cloud cookoo land.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:32 pm

But there are some suckers about out there who believe you can make money.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:48 pm

One day all the fans should pitch in and own the club - like Barcelona. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

the people posing as potential buyers were trying to buy two clubs which is illegal, when in the programme VT is mentioned with referance to his 18 million he has put in, whats to say he has not got his hands on more than one club. Also what confused me was when bryan robson said CCFC was one of the clubs for sale at the time of the flim around april we were still trying to get to the prem we were not in it. I thought the plan was to sell for masive profit when promoted we were not.. strange i smell a rat......

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:53 pm

I just watched it and to me it was a load of bullshit to try and make a good program there was nothing in it for me to worry I am sure there was a lot of talk between Tan and many people before they invested in City.

I didnt have to watch this program to know that Tan has bought our club to make money and get us in the premiership he is a business man and that is what I like about him.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:58 pm

I can't see how any football fan can watch this programme and not be deeply troubled, especially us City fans.

If I was on the CCFC board I'd be after all the facts, I can see us being involved in real shit again.

We think were getting out of financial problems and then things like this have the potential to ruin us if anything does come out of the story.

Carl, get digging lad.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:00 pm

Most programmes like these are all are all made to shock people with very little truth in them.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:09 pm

evenwayne routledge had something to say about the channel 4 show

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:53 pm

i just finished watching it, when they said about loan players etc..we had 12 last year...drinkwater was one, year before was heaton both man utd...Darren Gibbson was mentioned of coming as well but never came ...To top it all off VT on the show ...i just hope that the fa can step in and take a look, i dont want our club being screwed over not for no one :evil: :evil: