Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is Vincent Tan f*cked ?

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Now his name was mentioned on that programme ? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Re: Is Vincent Tan f*cked ?

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:22 pm

It didn't expose him of any wrong doing so I would say no. Or did I miss something!

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:23 pm

No!

Can't condemn the guy on purely that reference.

It has however raised questions.

Not if he bought us after the football league ensured he adhered to their 'Fit and Proper' criteria surely!!! :ayatollah: :roll:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Not even a little bit. He was simply mentioned as a contact of Joe Sim and brought up due to the chance to invest in Cardiff.
He held a meeting with the 'Football Fund' about investing in Cardiff, no doubt due to the connesction between Joe Sim and Vincent Tan and that was it.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:24 pm

skybluebird wrote:Not if he bought us after the football league ensured he adhered to their 'Fit and Proper' criteria surely!!! :ayatollah: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:25 pm

phew thats my mind eased :lol:

Thought we were in trouble :L

:ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:26 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:
skybluebird wrote:Not if he bought us after the football league ensured he adhered to their 'Fit and Proper' criteria surely!!! :ayatollah: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah Ah. Methinks you understand irony. :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:27 pm

He met with Sir Alex is he in trouble?

Im sure people like to create a crisis

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:28 pm

robson is in bit of sticky wicket mind :lol:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:29 pm

It makes you think is this how we got Bellamy exploiting the loan system. Man City owner Shinawatra and Tan both in that little bubble

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Double G wrote:It makes you think is this how we got Bellamy exploiting the loan system. Man City owner Shinawatra and Tan both in that little bubble

Shinawatra was out of Man City before last season.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Double G wrote:It makes you think is this how we got Bellamy exploiting the loan system. Man City owner Shinawatra and Tan both in that little bubble

How Dare You. Craig WANTED to play for his hometown club.....money had nothing to do with it!!!!! :roll:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:27 am

skybluebird wrote:

How Dare You. Craig WANTED to play for his hometown club.....money had nothing to do with it!!!!! :roll:
Skybluebird I couldn't agree with you more.
Double Gs way out of line!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:44 am

maybe watch it b4 making a thread it only mentioned a few dont mean hes a crook :lol:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Is Vincent Tan F**ked? I'm sure he woke up this morning checked his bank balance £1,500,000,000 and he though "god damn it, I'm right ole shafted now!" :lol:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:45 pm

Merlin wrote:Is Vincent Tan F**ked? I'm sure he woke up this morning checked his bank balance £1,500,000,000 and he though "god damn it, I'm right ole shafted now!" :lol:

Actually his fortune has slipped this year to $1.25m (around £775m) from $1.4m (£870m) according to Forbes Rich List. Funny how that co-insides with him buying into Cardiff City FC.....

Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Merlin wrote:Is Vincent Tan F**ked? I'm sure he woke up this morning checked his bank balance £1,500,000,000 and he though "god damn it, I'm right ole shafted now!" :lol:

Actually his fortune has slipped this year to $1.25m (around £775m) from $1.4m (£870m) according to Forbes Rich List. Funny how that co-insides with him buying into Cardiff City FC.....

did you mean Billion? ;)

Besides, I doubt those figures actually include the fact that his sold his malaysian Mcdonalds Franchise?

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Merlin wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

did you mean Billion? ;)

Besides, I doubt those figures actually include the fact that his sold his malaysian Mcdonalds Franchise?

Yes sorry it was Billion but I have no idea how Forbes compile their asset list, although the McDonalds Franchise would have been included in his assets so I doubt it makes much difference to his worth now he has cashed in

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Nearly 90% of Premiership and Championship clubs are owned by companies/persons abroad. How many of those clubs were bought or invested in, legally.