TALK SPORT

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:30 am

Just said on talk sport that cardiff have agreed a fee for striker KENNY MILLER

Re: TALK SPORT

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:33 am

Hopefuly they've got something right for a change

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:39 am

JONNYBLUEBIRD wrote:Just said on talk sport that cardiff have agreed a fee for striker KENNY MILLER

Nooooooo ............ he's shite :o :o :o

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:42 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
JONNYBLUEBIRD wrote:Just said on talk sport that cardiff have agreed a fee for striker KENNY MILLER

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Got to agree with you, Martyn. I don't mean this in a gay way, but I'd prefer Goodwillie every day :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:43 am

id rather goodwillie. but i fink miller will b a good championship player

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:48 am

Miller scored goals in the SPL as did Kris Boyd and Scott Mc Donald but both failed in the Championship ...... Miller IMO will most prob score 5 goals in his 1st 6 games for Cardiff but will struggle to get double figures after that ! Goodwillie is a more dynamic player and I hope that the court case this week goes in his favour :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:56 am

Me to.
GOODWILLIE IS INNOCENT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:58 am

Millar didnt fail in the Championship at all mate.

He didnt do very well in the PL with Wolves but neither did Wolves in general.

In the season proceding that and the season after he scored 38 goals in 2 Championship Seasons.

Hardly a fail mate.

:ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:05 am

I am very optimistic about Miller.

Don't worry though, we will still get Goodwillie as well.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:12 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Millar didnt fail in the Championship at all mate.

In the season proceding that and the season after he scored 38 goals in 2 Championship Seasons.

Hardly a fail mate.

I just stated that BOTH Boyd and Mc Donald failed NOT Miller ...... yes Miller did OK but that was a few years ago now , I just think that he wont do much for us now and was just comparing HIM to current strikers who have recently left the SPL on the back of a shedfull of goals . His record for Wolves over his 5 years there was 53 goals from 133 appearances . Goodwillie is a different prospect coz he's a much younger player who can only learn and grow from the Championship :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:13 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Goodwillie is still coming !

So is Bellamy and so is a mid and a defender :D

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:16 am

The thing that gets me is the way people twist the SPL to suit them.

For example, 'Oh, he only did well in the SPL cos its a shit league', but Goodwillie is the bee's knees.

Goodwillie plays in the same league and his goalscoring record is hardly superb.

Neither is his record at under 21 level for Scotland. Basicly he had one good season, yes he's only 22, but that doesnt mean a thing to me, superb players score goals from an early age.

Kenny Millar is proven in the Championship and I would take him over paying £3million for Goodwillie any day of the week.

Add to that the controversy that surrounds/ has surrounded Goodwillie throughout his career and you have to ask yourself the question why apart from Rangers nobody else is coming in for him.

Id rather pass on a bit of Goodwillie to be honest, for £500,000 Id take a chance, but not for a few million, im honestly struggling to see why everyone thinks that this lad is going to be so amazing?

Doesn't matter who has failed in the PAST ,it's what kenny miller could do now & I think he'd be a good addition :ayatollah: He's a battler , he'll run all day long for us & get us goals :ayatollah:

Thought he was going to Rangers?

I'd take him but only if we get GOODWILLIE too.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:19 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Millar didnt fail in the Championship at all mate.

Hardly a fail mate.

I just stated that BOTH Boyd and Mc Donald failed NOT Miller ...... yes Miller did OK but that was a few years ago now , I just think that he wont do much for us now and was just comparing HIM to current strikers who have recently left the SPL on the back of a shedfull of goals . His record for Wolves over his 5 years there was 53 goals from 133 appearances . Goodwillie is a different prospect coz he's a much younger player who can only learn and grow from the Championship :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fair enough I read that first bit wrong, appologies.

However in the last few seasons Millar's record for Rangers was phenomenal and he scored 5 in 15 for Bursapor last term.

Not bad eh.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 am

Warren Feeney was also a battler who could run all day and give 100% yet for many at CCFC and on here that wasnt good enough ....... BUT I suppose for £400k then Millar could be a half decent addition to the squad when compared to Parkin and how much he cost ?

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:22 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Warren Feeney was also a battler who could run all day and give 100% yet for many at CCFC and on here that wasnt good enough ....... BUT I suppose for £400k then Millar could be a half decent addition to the squad when compared to Parkin and how much he cost ?

I don't think we could compare feeney to miller ! Miller is a proven goal scorer :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:24 am

£400k for a player with proven experience at this level or £2m for a striker who is a total gamble. I'd rather see us take the gambles if we get to the Premiership and can afford it. £400k for Miller isn't bad at all. Not sure how he and Earnie will fit in together but we'll see.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:26 am

Zabier wrote:£400k for a player with proven experience at this level or £2m for a striker who is a total gamble. I'd rather see us take the gambles if we get to the Premiership and can afford it. £400k for Miller isn't bad at all. Not sure how he and Earnie will fit in together but we'll see.

Dont forget Bellamy may also be part of the equation too :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:27 am

Xcasual wrote:Doesn't matter who has failed in the PAST ,it's what kenny miller could do now & I think he'd be a good addition :ayatollah: He's a battler , he'll run all day long for us & get us goals :ayatollah:

not a bad shout this to be fair

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:35 am

Kenny Miller is a good player. He works his ass off and is a much better player than the last time he played in the champ.

I would be well happy with him if we got him. He will score goals and make them too :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:43 am

Anyone remember him at Derby - he was terrible.

I'd prefer the French trialist to be honest :lol:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:46 am

Miller is decent for £400k! Im quite happy if he comes to be honest, he will do ok in the championship!

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:50 am

NickPenarth wrote:Anyone remember him at Derby - he was terrible.

Yes I remember him at Derby, Derby were an awfull side in crisis.

How does that leave Earnie then, who in the same side was even worse with 1 goal in 22 games.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:53 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
NickPenarth wrote:Anyone remember him at Derby - he was terrible.

Yes I remember him at Derby, Derby were an awfull side in crisis.

How does that leave Earnie then, who in the same side was even worse with 1 goal in 22 games.

TRUE. Screw it - Sign him up! :lol:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:54 am

I'll be happy with it as long as it doesn't break the bank to get him.

Malky was talking about strength in depth in his press conference yesterday, if we want to be up there and contending we can't rely on Earnie to do it by himself - there'll be good competition for places.

If we can still add Goodwillie and/ or Bellamy to the mixer we'll have a hell of a strike force.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:07 am

on another note however if we do sign Miller I think that will be the end of us going for Goodwillie. I'm sure Malky and the board are still desperate to get Bellamy in and I cant see them wanting 5 small, quick strikers in the squad (i.e. Miller, Goodwillie, Bellamy, Earnie and Mason).

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:11 am

Kenny Millar will be a fans favourite......
Can score goals,
battles all day,
and always give 100%
passionate and will love it down in the SCOTLAND SQUAD :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:15 am

Vintage 63 wrote:

:lol: surely you'd prefer him to Cardiff than go to Rangers and tear your team apart every season :D

Will be very happy if we pull this off! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:26 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Miller scored goals in the SPL as did Kris Boyd and Scott Mc Donald but both failed in the Championship ...... Miller IMO will most prob score 5 goals in his 1st 6 games for Cardiff but will struggle to get double figures after that ! Goodwillie is a more dynamic player and I hope that the court case this week goes in his favour :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

If they all scored goals in Scotland but failed in the Championshio then what makes you think Goodwillie would be any different?