Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

KENNY MILLER LATEST

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:53 am

I am told that Kenny Miller has handed in a transfer request at Bursaspor and his request has been granted as long as they get a fee of £600k.

I was told yesterday from a source who has very close links with Miller that Malky Mackay is keen to get Miller and that City, along with Rangers, were preparing bids for him.

I am expecting a call later today to let me know if the City bid has been made. It is my belief that we have made a bid already this morning but am waiting on confirmation.

Re: KENNY MILLER LATEST

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:54 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: is joe sim funding this through vincent tan :lol:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:55 am

cheers carl :ayatollah: any news on goodwillie or to we have to wait for thursday?

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:55 am

Nice 1 Carl bit wary of this 1 but im sure Malky knows what hees doing

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:57 am

Ballistic Blue wrote:Nice 1 Carl bit wary of this 1 but im sure Malky knows what hees doing

Yeah I'm the same mate, but in Malky we trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:59 am

cheers Carl ..... personally if they can aford him then I feel Miller will go back to Rangers for the pure reason that they only sold him in the 1st place due to financial reasons !

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:14 am

Think £600K is decent business for someone with his capabilities - any ideas on his salary demands?

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:18 am

i think he go back to rangers to be honest

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:21 am

bluebirds23 wrote:i think he go back to rangers to be honest

I Think so to bluebirds :ayatollah: but alot will depend on Goodwillie and Bellers imo.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:25 am

Would Miller start ahead of Earnshaw?

& Should we get Bellers and Goodwillie would he start ahead of them?

Miller could be an expensive squad player in my opinion.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:26 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:i think he go back to rangers to be honest

I Think so to bluebirds :ayatollah: but alot will depend on Goodwillie and Bellers imo.

very true he could end up here cuz football is crazy at the moment but i just think he so settled in rangers when he there and plus he has struggled in the english game before where did he end back to scotland :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:37 am

Rangers please, please PLEASE take him away from us :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:43 am

What did he have for his tea Carl?

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:44 am

id be happy with miller as long as we get goodwillie to :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:45 am

as much as i would love him here for us, i thinkwe could end up have 6-7 strikers here and his wages would be too high to be rotating him !

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:54 am

carlccfc wrote:I am told that Kenny Miller has handed in a transfer request at Bursaspor and his request has been granted as long as they get a fee of £600k.

I was told yesterday from a source who has very close links with Miller that Malky Mackay is keen to get Miller and that City, along with Rangers, were preparing bids for him.

I am expecting a call later today to let me know if the City bid has been made. It is my belief that we have made a bid already this morning but am waiting on confirmation.

Good news imo...if we land him we'll have two proven goal scorers at this level (who can still operate) in Earnie and Miller + we may have in addition two young prospects in Mason & Gestede. Looking good :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:14 pm

I'd much rather get Goodwillie to be honest.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks for the info Carl.....

I think it all depends on how he wants to end his career? On a high with a shot into the Prem? Or just home comforts and family. ? Hmmmmm :lol:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:34 pm

Goodwillie Unproven Miller Proven

2 million against 600 k

Id have Miller every time

Plus hes not faced with Porridge

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:36 pm

have both :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:10 pm

Miller would be a good signing. His goal scorig record in the SPL is immense and I still think we need to strengthen up front - even if we do sign Goodwillie and Bellamy. If Goodwillie got injured, would you really want Parkin coming in to replace him?

I watch alot of SPL games as I spend a few weeks in Scotland every year with work, the SPL is alot tougher than people think. The work rate and pace that most teams play at is incredible!

Miller, Bellamy and Goodwillie? We would be a serious threat if we signed those 3!!!

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:39 pm

Mafor wrote:Goodwillie Unproven Miller Proven

2 million against 600 k

TBH That's my thinking. It has to be either Goodwille or Miller not both, so basically we are saving £1.4m and getting a proven goalscorer who would perform at Championship level.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Ally McCoist was interviewed on sky on the weekend saying he'd like Miller back. I think he will end up there though i'm not sure Rangers can afford him. They sold him for less than £600,000, but the turkish team now want that figure as he's on a long contract.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:47 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Mafor wrote:Goodwillie Unproven Miller Proven

2 million against 600 k

TBH That's my thinking. It has to be either Goodwille or Miller not both, so basically we are saving £1.4m and getting a proven goalscorer who would perform at Championship level.

I have to agree. Im sure Goodwillie is a good player but the way people are going on about him here you would have thought he was Messi, and I bet 99% of people goings nuts about him have barely watched him play. Miller is cheaper and has a far superior goal scoring record and he is not a liability on the town. If we get Goodwillie then i wish him all the best and will look forward to seeing him play but i certainly wouldnt be dispointed if we got Miller instead

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:50 pm

he is cheaper but im sure his wages would come close to matching goodwilles transfer fee..

i wouldnt be surprised if they work out to about the same cost overall.

goodwillie has sell on value miller prob less so in a few years, but its raw talent vs proven scorer....so many things to think abut

either way we get one of them and rangers get the other

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Great update carl, keep them coming pal :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:07 am

Interestingly (or not) Miller was signed for Wolves in 2001 by Dave Jones (as was Mark Kennedy.)

Lee Naylor was at Wolves in 2001 and all 3 players left in 2006

Both Miller and Naylor left Wolves to join Celtic. They must have played a lot of games together between 2001- 7.

They must know each other pretty well - wonder if this might "help" in getting Miller toThe City. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:34 am

EllBoy wrote:Interestingly (or not) Miller was signed for Wolves in 2001 by Dave Jones (as was Mark Kennedy.)

Both Miller and Naylor left Wolves to join Celtic. They must have played a lot of games together between 2001- 7.

They must know each other pretty well - wonder if this might "help" in getting Miller toThe City. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Interesting post Ellboy :ayatollah: But there is ONE More intersting point to this Kenny Millar "Latest" -

I HAVE SAID FOR A LONG TIME ON HERE - AND WILL DO AGAIN - KENNY MILLER IS ANOTHER BASESOCCER CLIENT ;)

As is LEE NAYLOR and JOE MASON To name just 2 - Players from this company will always get linked to us ;)

I Can name at least 15 players who in the last 3-4 years who have been with this company have been sold or bought,with ref to CARDIFF CITY :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:46 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
EllBoy wrote:Interestingly (or not) Miller was signed for Wolves in 2001 by Dave Jones (as was Mark Kennedy.)

Interesting post Ellboy :ayatollah: But there is ONE More intersting point to this Kenny Millar "Latest" -

I HAVE SAID FOR A LONG TIME ON HERE - AND WILL DO AGAIN - KENNY MILLER IS ANOTHER BASESOCCER CLIENT ;)

As is LEE NAYLOR and JOE MASON To name just 2 - Players from this company will always get linked to us ;)

I Can name at least 15 players who in the last 3-4 years who have been with this company have been sold or bought,with ref to CARDIFF CITY :ayatollah:

Carl Robinson's brother, Lee, works for them.

Our old academy director. Used to live down the bay, would see him in the wharf a lot.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:12 am

rangers bid was 250k city 300k no where near the 600k