Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOPE LEDLEY GETS A GOOD WELCOME

Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:47 pm

we should welcome him with a good support, he done well for us and if Ridsdale had handled it properly he'd either still be here or we'd have a few extra million in the bank.
Don't burn our bridges we may need his services some time in the future, do you think Earnie would have rushed back if we'd balled him every time he played against us, let's show them all we know how to treat our ex players. :old:

Re: HOPE LEDLEY GETS A GOOD WELCOME

Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:49 pm

ill be applauding him and agree it was more due to ridsdales incompetence that city missed out on the cash,hope he gives the ayatollah as there are many fans who appreciate joes efforts for us

Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Yes mainly because his family still follow city and he does himself so would be wrong of us to boo and the fact he's made by us.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:03 pm

i woudnt boo him but i think its being made to be a bigger thing than it really is. many ex city players return and i give them a clap 99% of the time then forget about them :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:05 pm

BigGwynram wrote:we should welcome him with a good support, he done well for us and if Ridsdale had handled it properly he'd either still be here or we'd have a few extra million in the bank.
Don't burn our bridges we may need his services some time in the future, do you think Earnie would have rushed back if we'd balled him every time he played against us, let's show them all we know how to treat our ex players. :old:

totally agree with u gwyn....too many are having a go at joe who got fucked around by the club so what is he supposed to do celtic offered him a good deal which everyone on here would,ve taken for there family ....i dont give a shit when people say he went to the spl...so what ...he went cos we didnt look after him........ill never knock a home grown player !!!!!

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:07 pm

d20 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:we should welcome him with a good support, he done well for us and if Ridsdale had handled it properly he'd either still be here or we'd have a few extra million in the bank.

totally agree with u gwyn....too many are having a go at joe who got fucked around by the club so what is he supposed to do celtic offered him a good deal which everyone on here would,ve taken for there family ....i dont give a shit when people say he went to the spl...so what ...he went cos we didnt look after him........ill never knock a home grown player !!!!!

only thing that pisses me off with ledley is his come and join me at celtic pleas to our targets whilst willo flood urges platers we are linked with to join cardiff city they are a great club

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:11 pm

It's got nothing do with that it's fact you love rangers and don't like it! :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:It's got nothing do with that it's fact you love rangers and don't like it! :lol: :lol:

ive never really rated ledley as much as some on here. i dont blame him going to better himself ( better money )
like i say i woudnt boo him give a clap then bollox to him hes playing against cardiff city..

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Only messing with you mate evevyone has the view and i know some of our fans didn't rate him but i rate him as a person and his family are loyal city fans along with him why i respect him! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Im pro ledley so dont take this post the wrong way....

It grips my shit when people say, he had to do it for his family etc etc

If he cant look after his family earning 20k a week then hes doing something seriously wrong, when i manage just fine on just over that per year!

Really grinds me when people say they took the money to look after thier family :twisted:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:26 pm

well said PT !!

MOST FAMILYS LOOK AFTER THEMSELFS ON LESS THAN 20K A YEAR

as for jo - THIS IS MY OPINION I AM ALLOWED ONE THATS DIFFRENT TO EVERYONE ELSE just think he was overated, was lazy in games, went missing alot and just average

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:27 pm

So you wouldn't take a job that pays better money over the pay you get now? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Yes mainly because his family still follow city and he does himself so would be wrong of us to boo and the fact he's made by us.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

eerm so why do most of the morons who support us boo chris gunter then? he supports city and was a youth product, we even got some money for him unlike ledley.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:28 pm

I support chris gunter aswell got nothing agaist him what so ever i still don't see why alot are fans hate him don't get what he's done wrong.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:40 pm

i support any city past players i think with gunter he over celebrated when forrest scored and a lot of fans didnt like it i can see both views on that one

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Ben wrote:well said PT !!

MOST FAMILYS LOOK AFTER THEMSELFS ON LESS THAN 20K A YEAR

as for jo - THIS IS MY OPINION I AM ALLOWED ONE THATS DIFFRENT TO EVERYONE ELSE just think he was overated, was lazy in games, went missing alot and just average

Agreed ,but you cant blame him for wanting as much money as possible,football is a relatively short career and he wants to make as much dosh as he can

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:59 pm

I was annoyed about the whole Ledley affair when he got injured and Ridsdale slagged him off with a lot of city supporters in a meeting and that he went for nothing to the club but

I will give Ledley as any other ex City player a clap on their return until kick off .

Gunter did too until he went over and wound up the Ninian end when Forest scored celebrate yes but to go over to the City supporters and kiss the Forest badge he will get a reaction sorry and I like Chris met him many times a nice lad but he shouldnt have done that and expect nothing knowing the City supporters like he does

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:16 pm

Ledley only said that he would welcome Bellamy at Celtic. Its unlikely that he would reply, 'no I want him to go to Cardiff.'

Gunter made a point of celebrating in front of the city fans.
Actually didnt ched evans do that last season?......

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:20 pm

It wasnt Ledley's fault he left

He was offered a substandard deal to stay

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:05 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Llantrisant Blue. wrote:It's got nothing do with that it's fact you love rangers and don't like it! :lol: :lol:

ive never really rated ledley as much as some on here. i dont blame him going to better himself ( better money )
like i say i woudnt boo him give a clap then bollox to him hes playing against cardiff city..

You wouldn't, but that's 'cause you're a Rankurs fan. If he'd have signed for you you would be praising him left right and centre. Celtics midfield last season absolutely dominated their rivals and Ledley played a massive part in that.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:38 pm

He can have about as good a welcome as next time wayne routledge comes to the CCS from me .

ok if im in a good mood , maybe i'l just sit in silence and ignore the fact he's coming out in a celtic kit.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:02 am

glammy74 wrote:It wasnt Ledley's fault he left

He was offered a substandard deal to stay

Hello fellow bluebirds, as this is my first post I don't really want to stir things up, but I think I remember TG saying to Joe after the play-off final 'let me know what it'll take to keep you' - which of course by this point, Joe wasn't interested.

It was clear, for me at least, that Joe wanted to leave the club. He knew that Risdale was on his way out, he knew that TG was offering a much better contract than was previously offered. He just wanted to move on, it's a really shame but it was the lad's decision and got to respect him for that.

I think some fans felt letdown because we couldn't get any dosh for him, at the time the club was up administration creek without a paddle and could of really done with some money for one of our best players, it was dissapointing because we thought that a homegrown player, who is also a fan of the club, would of recognised that.

Anyways looking forward to getting stuck in with this board more! See you at the Celtic game! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:42 am

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:I support chris gunter aswell got nothing agaist him what so ever i still don't see why alot are fans hate him don't get what he's done wrong.

i'm always at a loss to describe this too mate. bizarre