Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TONIGHTS GAME

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:39 am

Like many others I have to say im really excited about tonight. Im looking forward to having a first hand look at our new players and how our new manager shapes up! However I really feel we will be in for a tough test as Celtic are not only a good team but their season starts on the weekend so they will be a lot fitter and sharper than us, plus they havent undergone a rebuidling job on their team. We need to remember that this is only our 2nd game of preseason and if things dont go our way then not to worry as there is plenty of time until the season starts. I know quite a few on here really fancy us this season but lets be patient, give Malky and the boys time to settle, and just see what happens! I'm expecting a tough test tonight but should be a decent game!

Re: TONIGHTS GAME

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:43 am

Get the feeling we might get taken down a peg or two tonight, especially considering we seemed to struggle to beat Charlton.

But let's just see what happens and hope for the best!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:48 am

Baarmy_Bluebird wrote:Get the feeling we might get taken down a peg or two tonight, especially considering we seemed to struggle to beat Charlton.

But let's just see what happens and hope for the best!

depends what line up he goes with.. against charlton he mixed it up in the first and 2nd half. if he starts with a stronger line up ie.
heaton, mcnuggett, gerrard, hudson, taylor, conway, cowie, whitts, gunnarsson, earnie and mason or parkin , then it may be different.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:51 am

Celtic are 2 weeks ahead of us in preperation due to the fact their league season starts this weekend so Im expecting literally a game of 2 halves with Celtic putting out their best available XI for the 1st 90 mins with lots of changes at half time !

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:56 am

I'm always excited about the first home friendly and then it turns out to be a bore-fest!! Never mind, I'll be there and look forward to watching our new players.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:30 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Celtic are 2 weeks ahead of us in preperation due to the fact their league season starts this weekend so Im expecting literally a game of 2 halves with Celtic putting out their best available XI for the 1st 90 mins with lots of changes at half time !

dont you mean 1st 45mins? :lol: :ayatollah: