Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When Saturday Comes magazine...

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:51 am

Does anyone on this message board read it? I'm a Swans fan who drops in here from time to time but usually only to comment on Swansea threads, but, having read this months issue, I would recommend it to the members on this board.

In particular, there is a cracking article on "How football encourages online abuse", a very interesting read from the point of view of journalists and players recieving all sorts of threats through the anomymity of message boards.

Other articles on how new stadiums are soulless, statues at stadiums, why away games aren't fun anymore etc...

A very interesting read this month and after reading some of the threads on here lately, it may well resonate with a few on here.

Sorry I haven't got any links, I would post the whle article here but I think the copyright police might get on the case.

Re: When Saturday Comes magazine...

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:54 am

Yes I subscribe to it and have done for many years. It is a great read and has varied articles about football throughout the world. Best thing about it, as far as I am concerned, is that it does not concentrate on Premiership Football. You are just as likely to find an article about Torquay as you are about Manchester City etc.
:ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:57 am

Might have a look at this. Normaly just buy 442 but the price on it these days is ridiculous.

Cheers

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:59 am

bluebirds wrote:Yes I subscribe to it and have done for many years. It is a great read and has varied articles about football throughout the world. Best thing about it, as far as I am concerned, is that it does not concentrate on Premiership Football. You are just as likely to find an article about Torquay as you are about Manchester City etc.

Agreed.

This months issue in particular though, could've been directly written to the members of this board. That's not a dig by the way, it was just uncanny that every article I read could be linked to a thread on here.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:23 am

They also do a weekly email which you can subscribe to, the Weekly Howl, which can be a good read on a Friday afternoon

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/242/48/