Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JAY SPEARING

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:36 am

It seems as though Wolves are trying to secure him on a season loan...

he was a player that i would have liked us to have gone for... but we cant compete with them..

who else do you realistically think we could get by loan or perm transfer for centre midfield ??

or who else would you like ?

Re: JAY SPEARING

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:37 am

Herni Lansbury? :)

Jonjo Shelvey?

:ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:40 am

Ccfc Shane wrote:Herni Lansbury? :)

Jonjo Shelvey?

:ayatollah:

both good shouts there.. think we would have a chance with shelvey, unless he is still being linked with sunderland..

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:43 am

Connor coady and raheem sterling, both from Liverpool youth and both with great potential.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:44 am

unfortunately Arsenal turned down a £1.5 m bid for Lansbury from Norwich so cant see us getting him! Shelvey could be a decent shout, I also really rate Josh Mceachran at Chelsea, he looks a real player!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:46 am

Jimbo27 wrote:unfortunately Arsenal turned down a £1.5 m bid for Lansbury from Norwich so cant see us getting him! Shelvey could be a decent shout, I also really rate Josh Mceachran at Chelsea, he looks a real player!

Maybe they would let him go out on loan? :)

Josh McEarcharn would be a good signing too. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:48 am

connor coadey took his goal well for the scousers in the far east, more of a defensive mid but def has potential...

was thinking with spearing though he could have been a good first team player, couldnt see coadey getting regular starts..

maybe we could try a loan deal with arsenal for lansbury... we seem to have a good relationship with them..

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:53 am

Id like us to make a move for Raheem Sterling from Liverpool on loan. Good winger/Striker

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:54 am

Double G wrote:Id like us to make a move for Raheem Sterling from Liverpool on loan. Good winger/Striker

yeah i like the look of him as well. Im sure Malky will have some young premiership players on his radar who he wants to take on loan but at the moment nothing will happen until the premier league clubs announce their 25 man squads, once this happens expect some movement!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:57 am

reading this on Wikipedia has really got me praying that we move for McEachran now!

Former Chelsea player and former Chelsea assistant coach Ray Wilkins recalled the first time he laid eyes on McEachran saying: "A couple of years back, when I had just joined Chelsea, I was watching an Under-17 match between us and Racing, a club side from Argentina. Josh was playing, despite only being 15; I'd never seen him play before, but in the first half he cut inside someone and played an inch-perfect pass inside the full-back. I turned to the other Chelsea coaches next to me and said, 'That's Liam Brady!' It was the biggest compliment I could think of at the time." Stuart Pearce, the England national football team under-21 manager, praised McEachran after a friendly against Italy. He said, "Chelsea think extremely highly of him (Josh) and you can see why. He's got the ability and the vision that you know, if players run off of him, he's got the ability to find them with passes. All of our cutting passes probably came from him. I think, in Josh, he's got a really outstanding talent, similar to Jack Wilshere, and it bodes well for us."

Under the management of Carlo Ancelotti, McEachran was deployed mainly as a defensive midfielder in his appearances for the first team, usually replacing Michael Essien or John Obi Mikel, although his preferred position is as a centre or attacking midfielder.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
Double G wrote:Id like us to make a move for Raheem Sterling from Liverpool on loan. Good winger/Striker

yeah i like the look of him as well. Im sure Malky will have some young premiership players on his radar who he wants to take on loan but at the moment nothing will happen until the premier league clubs announce their 25 man squads, once this happens expect some movement!

this kid is quality, watched his hat full of goals in a game last year.. def one for the future here...

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:02 pm

i know you cant tell much from Youtube but good clips of McEeachran here. Reminds me of Gary ONeill!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB-HJw-rUb0

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:i know you cant tell much from Youtube but good clips of McEeachran here. Reminds me of Gary ONeill!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB-HJw-rUb0

kid does look good, especially in the game v villa...

theres alot of clubs looking at him, incl brum..

Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Does anyone know if we're still linked with Emmanual Frimpong from Arsenal? Wouldn't mind him tbh, highly rated by Wenger :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:01 pm

AlexBennett wrote:Does anyone know if we're still linked with Emmanual Frimpong from Arsenal? Wouldn't mind him tbh, highly rated by Wenger :ayatollah:

So was JET!!! But to be honest Frimpong does look decent, from the little I have seen of him!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:27 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
AlexBennett wrote:Does anyone know if we're still linked with Emmanual Frimpong from Arsenal? Wouldn't mind him tbh, highly rated by Wenger :ayatollah:

So was JET!!! But to be honest Frimpong does look decent, from the little I have seen of him!

seems to have gone abit quiet on the frimpong front... lots of free signings at the moment, think as soon as we enter beg of august we will see some transfers fees paid and maybe 1 or 2 loans...