Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Have you got a Criminal Record

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:52 pm

and how longs the list...

We are amongst friends here and the past is the past and everyone makes mistakes.

Iv got one.

x3

f*cking nightmare but they are all classed as spent after this year.

1 For Football 2 for other.

:ayatollah:

Re: Have you got a Criminal Record

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:27 pm

1 x Football

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:33 pm

,,,, i have not but my son has a record as long as a wizards sleave. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:36 pm

very little is classed as 'spent' anymore,i haven't been nicked for over 25 years,football offences,it's all still 'on file' unfortunately,there's a good chance that it will still come up if applying for jobs that require police checks,computerisation of police records means that everything is 'on file' forever...

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:42 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:very little is classed as 'spent' anymore,i haven't been nicked for over 25 years,football offences,it's all still 'on file' unfortunately,there's a good chance that it will still come up if applying for jobs that require police checks,computerisation of police records means that everything is 'on file' forever...

Been nicked six times, the last time i was nicked they could not find anything on the system, they even asked for my previous addresses and still found nothing and they previously done the finger prints and mouth swab and still found nothing, so that comment is not necessarily true.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:47 pm

None, pride of Merthyr I am :D

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:None, pride of Merthyr I am :D

We will soon change that Billy lad 8-)

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:55 pm

I cant go to Australia for another 5 years put it that way.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:00 pm

baseboy007 wrote:I cant go to Australia for another 5 years put it that way.

f*cking ell mate, what you done?

Iv been, and a mate of mines been and he's done 8 months for affray in 2002, went in 2006.

Had to go to Australia House for extended interviews and he got it, WHV that was for.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:05 pm

Xcasual wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:None, pride of Merthyr I am :D

We will soon change that Billy lad 8-)

:lol:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:12 pm

murder
kidnapp
attempted assassination
Parole Violations
Probation Violations
weekend Sex Offender Status
Traffic Violations

:lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:12 pm

I didn't do anywhere near that length. I will apply eventually cos we have family over there, but im wary of being declined because if I am, Im declined forever as far as I know. It was 2 years ago (ABH) and its nothing that reflects who I am or what I do, just a piss up with the boys that ended in a naughty scrap of which I came of the better.

I want to put more of gap between me and that time in terms of years, then I can put it down to youthfulness etc.. I still have my job and life couldn't be any better, but this blemish on my record is just hanging on my shoulder. Cos iv'e served time it means it'll be 7 years until spent (2 done)...regardless of length of sentence. I cringe when the in laws say we need to go to USA/AUSSIE next year. lol.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:07 am

Well my son,I am sorry to be the bringer of bad news regarding going to other countries.Butt.
New Zealand,Australia,Canada,USA and South Africa will not let you into there countries if you have a criminal conviction.
They do this by not issuing visa,s.
Sorry but true.I am the same,A criminal conviction for drinking and driving.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:52 am

The Kidnapp of Madelin Mcann
The shooting of JR
The murder of john Lennon
Shooting of a sherif (but i did not kill no deputy)
Puting a cat in a bin (in my defence top cat lived in a bin for years)
Indecent Exposure
Giving Freddy Murcury HIV
Terrorism
And making lee trundle ugly.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:14 am

Nope :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:59 am

Offensive Weapon
Threatening Behaviour
Affray
Breach of Banning Order
Drink Driving
Driving Whilst Disqualified
Driving without insurance
Taking a vehicle without consent
then another threatening behaviour on top in the good old Oz Bar 2004

The Yanks let me in, went in 2008 :D

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:08 am

Try it now,you will find things have changed,unleess your on transit.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:31 am

I got refused a visa for USA in 2003, had to wait 3 years then tried again in 2007 and refused again! Was gonna try for next year but f**k am i queing down grovesnor square from 8am to get seen at 3pm and given shit by a yank in a phone box to be told NO! im gutted that shit i did when i was 19/20ish is f*cking my holidays up 11/12 yrs later.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:38 am

Quite a few but it don't make me a bad guy, a couple for violence and assault but I don't consider myself violent, quite a criminal record but hardly a criminal, saying that I'm glad i,ve been to most places in the world that I,ve wanted to, because they wouldn't let me in now. :old:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:15 am

Drink Drive
Public Order - Football
Affray - Scrapping pissed up in town
Assault - Road rage incident

As for not being able to get into other countries, i applied and was granted a working visa for Oz, i also have a friend with a ciminal record currently on a working visa in NZ.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:23 am

I hope you idiots who drive drunk burn in hell

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:38 am

quadsas wrote:I hope you idiots who drive drunk burn in hell

Thanks buddy, we all make mistakes though i was young and stupid, hadn't long passed my test and only had three pints.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 am

I can't remember all of them but here's a few

Armed robbery of citizens, banks and post offices
The theft of sacred objects
Arson of a prison
Perjury
Bigamy
Pimping
Kidnapping
Extortion
Recieving stolen goods
Selling stolen goods
Passing counterfit money
ABH,
GBH,
Malicous wounding with intent
Attempted murder
Posession of offensive weapons
Drink driving
Theft of motor vehicles
Drunk and disorderly
Affray

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:57 am

here's mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbcoCpHhPt0&feature=fvst

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:32 am

Hallett wrote:
quadsas wrote:I hope you idiots who drive drunk burn in hell

Thanks buddy, we all make mistakes though i was young and stupid, hadn't long passed my test and only had three pints.

Well at least you acknowledge what you did was wrong, drunk driving is one of the most stupid things human being can do

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:49 am

GarryM.

It all depends what type of Visa your applying for, to say they simply wont let you in is untrue.

For example, Joey Barton was on Holiday in Los Angeles in June but got refused a Visa for Newcastles Tour because its classed as work.

A friend of mine is currently in Australia on a 2 year Working Visa, (he went in February) and he served 8 months in 2002 for VD, the Visa was granted after an extended interview at Australia House.

Another Friend of mine has just come back from New York with his G/F and he has an affray conviction and 3 other mates of mine went to watch JC vs RJJ and they all have previous.

Im even going to NY myself in October and have been accepted.

Its all very subjective, normaly if you have been to Jail or Drug offences rule you out. Drugs most deffo but even Jail doesnt rule you out completely.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:53 am

lagerlewis wrote:Puting a cat in a bin (in my defence top cat lived in a bin for years).

Did make me chuckle, nice one Lewis

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:57 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:and how longs the list...

We are amongst friends here and the past is the past and everyone makes mistakes.

Iv got one.

x3

How does it become spent? I have one conviction about 3 years ago Section 20 got a suspended sentence 10 months.
I've found it really difficult to get car insurance so when can I not declare this and I'm going to NY in September.
Is there a web site where you can find out if you are eligible (for NY)? Its a long way to go to not get entry.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:06 am

rb1976 wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:and how longs the list...

Iv got one.

x3

How does it become spent? I have one conviction about 3 years ago Section 20 got a suspended sentence 10 months.
I've found it really difficult to get car insurance so when can I not declare this and I'm going to NY in September.
Is there a web site where you can find out if you are eligible (for NY)? Its a long way to go to not get entry.

Here is info on when convictions become spent
Sentence of imprisonment of more than two and a half years - Never
Sentence of imprisonment of more than six months but no more than two and a half years - 10 years
Youth custody for more than six months but no more than two and a half years - 10 years*
Corrective training for more than six months but no more than two and a half years - 10 years*
Dismissal with disgrace from Her Majesty's service - 10 years*
A sentence of Borstal training - 7 years
Prison for six months or less - 7 years*
Dismissal from Her Majesty's service - 7 years*
Sentence of imprisonment or detention in YOI or youth custody for six months or less - 7 years*
Detention in respect of conviction in service disciplinary proceedings - 5 years*
(Most) fines - 5 years*
Sentence of young offender detention for over six months but not more than two and a half years - 5 years
Probation order or community order (person 18 or older) - 5 years
Probation order or community order (person under 18) - Either 2 ½ years from conviction, or until the order ceases to have effect – whichever is the longer
Hospital order under Mental Health Act 1983 - Either 5 years, or 2 years after order ceases to have effect, whichever is the longer
Sentence of young offender detention fo not more than six months - 3 years
Conditional discharge, binding over, care order, supervision order, reception order - Either 1 year after making of order, or 1 year after the order ends, whichever is the longer
Absolute discharge - 6 months
Disqualification - The period of disqualification
Cautions, Warnings and Reprimands - Spent as soon as they are issued
Conditional cautions - Spent as soon as conditions end.

The one with asterix become spent in half the time if the offender was under the age of eighteen at the time of conviction.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:08 am

7 Years to go then :(