Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Have you got a Criminal Record

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:17 am

:ayatollah:
rb1976 wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:and how longs the list...

We are amongst friends here and the past is the past and everyone makes mistakes.

Iv got one.

x3

f*cking nightmare but they are all classed as spent after this year.

1 For Football 2 for other.

How does it become spent? I have one conviction about 3 years ago Section 20 got a suspended sentence 10 months.
I've found it really difficult to get car insurance so when can I not declare this and I'm going to NY in September.
Is there a web site where you can find out if you are eligible (for NY)? Its a long way to go to not get entry.

rb1976 wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:and how longs the list...

We are amongst friends here and the past is the past and everyone makes mistakes.

Iv got one.

x3

f*cking nightmare but they are all classed as spent after this year.

1 For Football 2 for other.

How does it become spent? I have one conviction about 3 years ago Section 20 got a suspended sentence 10 months.
I've found it really difficult to get car insurance so when can I not declare this and I'm going to NY in September.
Is there a web site where you can find out if you are eligible (for NY)? Its a long way to go to not get entry.

You need to apply before you go mate and will more than likely have to go to London for an Interview.

Have a look here.. http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-liv ... ted-states

Each case is individual obviously, hopefully you will get granted, I have been..

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 am

I forget to mention I got a arrested in Cincinnati about 5 years ago and spent the night in County Jail. No charges but fined $100 dollars for the inconvenience, which I didn't pay. The more I think about it the more I think I shouldn't go.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:23 pm

nobby wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:very little is classed as 'spent' anymore,i haven't been nicked for over 25 years,football offences,it's all still 'on file' unfortunately,there's a good chance that it will still come up if applying for jobs that require police checks,computerisation of police records means that everything is 'on file' forever...

Been nicked six times, the last time i was nicked they could not find anything on the system, they even asked for my previous addresses and still found nothing and they previously done the finger prints and mouth swab and still found nothing, so that comment is not necessarily true.

you may be right in general,but unfortunately it didn't work that way for me...

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:25 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
nobby wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:very little is classed as 'spent' anymore,i haven't been nicked for over 25 years,football offences,it's all still 'on file' unfortunately,there's a good chance that it will still come up if applying for jobs that require police checks,computerisation of police records means that everything is 'on file' forever...

Been nicked six times, the last time i was nicked they could not find anything on the system, they even asked for my previous addresses and still found nothing and they previously done the finger prints and mouth swab and still found nothing, so that comment is not necessarily true.

Is this the same Rhondda1015 that used to post on the original soul crew board around 2000ish? :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:03 pm

you may be right in general,but unfortunately it didn't work that way for me...[/quote]

Is this the same Rhondda1015 that used to post on the original soul crew board around 2000ish? :ayatollah:[/quote]

aye,same one,i don't post on here much...try to keep it to yourself,but i post mostly on the 'other' board under the 'taff punk' name...

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:43 pm

nobby wrote:

no it wont come up now on records for jobs ........only the last five years, i just got a police badge to work for gwent police ive only been clear the last 5 years

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Got an £80 fixed penalty fine a few years ago for public order after a pre-season friendly at Merthyr. Require a CRO check every year for my job luckily nothing shows up on there. 4 hours in Merthyr nick was long enough for me, wont be making the same mistake again. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:34 pm

headshot wrote:
nobby wrote:

no it wont come up now on records for jobs ........only the last five years, i just got a police badge to work for gwent police iv

Hi Guys, I process CRB checks and can confirm that depending on the position or work placement of an individual will depend on the level of criminal check available. Currently the CRB produce two levels of checks; a Standard Disclosure and an Enhanced Disclosure.

Only the Enhanced level disclosure will check an individual’s suitability to work with vulnerable groups such as children.

A Standard level CRB check will detail every conviction (including spent convictions), caution, warning and reprimand which is recorded in central records, or it will state that there is no such information held.

An Enhanced level CRB check will detail all criminal information (as above) as well - any information which, in the opinion of a Chief Police Officer, might be relevant for the purpose and ought to be included in the certificate. Additionally this level of disclosure will provide clarification as to whether the applicant is banned from working with children or vulnerable adults.

CRB checks cannot be requested by individuals. However, it was the intention of the previous government to introduce a scheme called the ISA Vetting & Barring Scheme which would have enable individuals to register, therefore providing them with documentation confirming their suitability to work with vulnerable groups. However, this scheme is currently on hold as the Home Office wish to consider a more common sense approach to its implementation. All clients will be provided with updates of the scheme and changes in legislation through our usual methods of communication and newsletters.

Individuals requiring a criminal check on themselves, may wish to consider undertaking a basic criminal disclosure, which is often used for public licences and security positions abroad.
A Basic level disclosure will detail all criminal information considered non-spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 or state that there are no such convictions.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:39 pm

No Criminal Records but I do have some Police Records....

Giant Steps, Don't Stand So Close To Me, Zenyatta Mondatta (or something like that anyway) and a couple of albums too!!

Cool guy, that Sting!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:25 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Quite a few but it don't make me a bad guy, a couple for violence and assault but I don't consider myself violent, quite a criminal record but hardly a criminal, saying that I'm glad i,ve been to most places in the world that I,ve wanted to, because they wouldn't let me in now. :old:

Thats a bit like saying i robbed a bank but i aint a Thief Chief :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:29 pm

1X For Football. If it was today i would have got 4 or 5 years. I got fined £300 early 80s and that was a Months wages back then :o 1x Caution Football related. Thr rest is Speeding x loads, and a caution for reading a Map whilst driving :lol: :lol:
I am a model Citizen now :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:31 pm

No criminal record but I did go to see the Jacks play at home once because my close mate played for them.
It didnt feel right at all (I felt really dirty) and maybe I deserve a crinimal record for this.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:09 pm

"rape, murder, arson, armed robbery, rape"

"wait, wait, you said rape twice"

"i like rape"

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:30 pm

1 x caution - 1 x conviction, both spent a while ago, yet neither were straightforward :!:

The "Caution" I was just about to sink another red (penarth rd snooker) sis rings me from Hereford to say she just rang my house and the fire brigade answered :o told her the house was on fire :o :o I dive straight home to find smoke damage, only to then be promptly arrested by the old bill :o :o they found a bit of stock cube in the bedroom :P

The "Conviction" Sunday morning football down Pontcanna, 30 mins in, the ref was SHIT, no he really was and when he waved play on after our striker was cut in half, I ran 60yrds to tell him what I thought and he came over, all the big "I am like" So I shoved him over, Red for me and game abbandoned, 5 hrs later he's in with plod, with apparant cuts and bruises to his face supposedly caused by me :!: :!: 8 months later :!: just setting off to work and I get nicked on the garden path for "Assault" eventually fined £180, but never paid it because they spelt my name wrong. :D

both true :)

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:38 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:No Criminal Records but I do have some Police Records....

Giant Steps, Don't Stand So Close To Me, Zenyatta Mondatta (or something like that anyway) and a couple of albums too!!

Cool guy, that Sting!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:45 pm

Section 18... Few other smaller offences! Spent some time, was an experience! Never looked back, although not proud of it... What I did was bad but far from a bad guy. Others countries may be problem but I'm more worried about how to tell the kids and when!

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:16 pm

fraud
affray
kidnapping (think it got dropped in court)
threats to kill
threats to kill on a police officer
an criminal behaviour
ImageImageImageImage

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:34 pm

Steve Van Halen wrote:"rape, murder, arson, armed robbery, rape"

"wait, wait, you said rape twice"

"i like rape"

"Badges, we don't need no stinking badges"

classic :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:15 am

RichBluebird wrote:Got an £80 fixed penalty fine a few years ago for public order after a pre-season friendly at Merthyr. Require a CRO check every year for my job luckily nothing shows up on there. 4 hours in Merthyr nick was long enough for me, wont be making the same mistake again. :ayatollah:

1 hour in Merthyr is enough for anyone let alone 4 ,I hope you put a claim in for the stress you had. Oh shit where's Billy :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:25 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:
nobby wrote:

Same, even my cautions come up when trying for certain jobs, they are never actually spent, but you don't have to declare them to most employers.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Have one for assault, two year probation order that ends in November I think. Make one mistake (on a guy that deserved it :lol: ) and get labelled all sorts. Struggled to find work after and so on. Had my cheek shattered, jaw locked and got some permanent facial scaring last November by some lunatic with a vodka bottle in cardiff.. couldn't get any compensation apparently because of my conviction. Even though completely unrelated, what a joke.

Thing which really gets me, is you can see why real ''criminals'' are repeat offenders and just live a life of crime. Because one mistake leads to having most doors closed to you. Systems broke. Well, unless you just lie about your convictions and hope they dont check. :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:20 pm

Clean as a whistle.

Bloody criminals.

f*cking make me sick.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:26 pm

1 x Football, 1 x Other...........lets just say I used to love my Lyle & Scott!! :oops:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:36 pm

Dange wrote:1 x Football, 1 x Other...........lets just say I used to love my Lyle & Scott!! :oops:

Lyle and Scott... :oops:

Into your golf were you fella.

All jokes aside.

One conviction and ban from football

and six other misdemeanors.

Never been to jail though thank f**k but had to endure 18 months probation with sessions every wednesday night which wasnt exactly fun.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:38 pm

I wasnt exactly truthful in the OP a bit like a few others I reckon. :D

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:40 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
Dange wrote:1 x Football, 1 x Other...........lets just say I used to love my Lyle & Scott!! :oops:

Lyle and Scott... :oops:

Into your golf were you fella.

All jokes aside.

One conviction and ban from football

and six other misdemeanors.

Never been to jail though thank f**k but had to endure 18 months probation with sessions every wednesday night which wasnt exactly fun.

Very close.......not the game but the club houses and their shops were always interesting!

Same here, never been banged up............unless you count military jails....in and out of them every two minutes! :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:47 pm

one football related public order for a jacks game down there in the early 80s,proberly prison sentance now,one caution for common assault for defending myself from an idiot coming at me with a chain in park place,cctv picked it up and by the time the police got there the guy was missing his teeth and tried pressing charges against me for using accessive force to defend myself. and deported twice from belgium once wales and the leige game.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:51 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:None, pride of Merthyr I am :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: From Merthyr Tydfil ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:53 pm

Warren of Merthyr wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: From Merthyr Tydfil ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah and 2000 counts of drinking underage :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Warren of Merthyr wrote:

Yeah and 2000 counts of drinking underage :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: