Re: Have you got a Criminal Record

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Bluebirdtrott wrote:
Steve Van Halen wrote:"rape, murder, arson, armed robbery, rape"

"wait, wait, you said rape twice"

"i like rape"

"Badges, we don't need no stinking badges"

classic :lol:

Chewing gum in line? I hope you brought enough for everybody.
I didn't know there was going to be so many!

Classic film would never be allowed these days.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:33 am

Hi Guys, I process CRB checks and can confirm that depending on the position or work placement of an individual will depend on the level of criminal check available. Currently the CRB produce two levels of checks; a Standard Disclosure and an Enhanced Disclosure.

Only the Enhanced level disclosure will check an individual’s suitability to work with vulnerable groups such as children.

A Standard level CRB check will detail every conviction (including spent convictions), caution, warning and reprimand which is recorded in central records, or it will state that there is no such information held.

An Enhanced level CRB check will detail all criminal information (as above) as well - any information which, in the opinion of a Chief Police Officer, might be relevant for the purpose and ought to be included in the certificate. Additionally this level of disclosure will provide clarification as to whether the applicant is banned from working with children or vulnerable adults.

CRB checks cannot be requested by individuals. However, it was the intention of the previous government to introduce a scheme called the ISA Vetting & Barring Scheme which would have enable individuals to register, therefore providing them with documentation confirming their suitability to work with vulnerable groups. However, this scheme is currently on hold as the Home Office wish to consider a more common sense approach to its implementation. All clients will be provided with updates of the scheme and changes in legislation through our usual methods of communication and newsletters.

Individuals requiring a criminal check on themselves, may wish to consider undertaking a basic criminal disclosure, which is often used for public licences and security positions abroad.
A Basic level disclosure will detail all criminal information considered non-spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 or state that there are no such convictions.[/quote]

Julie has summed up what I was going to say, I`ve got nothing since 1987, when I got 6 months suspended for 2 years, but a shed load before that , none of which I`m proud of, ranging from drunk and disorderly to 1 below attempted murder.
I recently was CRB checked to coach under 16s at rugby , and passed no probs.
I also volunteered to go and tell kids in schools to stay away from pylons , electricity sub stations etc and my company sent off for an ECRB, i got back a report five A4 pages long , and they`d missed a few off !!!
Went to America in 1997 , no problem , however I think it`s stricter now ? Also been to Australia , again no problem , I think it all depends on , what you did, how long ago you last did it , where you want to go, and who with ! Confusing, yes , and advice to anyone , particularly younger posters , think long and hard before you do get a record , cos I wish i hadn`t !! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: :old: :old:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:18 pm

Stampeding

Stampeding? Thats not much of a crime?

Through the vatican?

Kinky!