Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: i honestly thought things would change!!

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:42 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:with dave jones gone and malky coming in, a man who clearly shows passion and has got fresh idea etc. but judging by some of the responses on the messageboards i was clearly wrong! i honestly think that some of our fans are the worst in britain! we are cardiff city not man utd. last night was our first real friendly and we are almost 3 weeks away from our first game and yes i agree we need a few more signings to give us a bit of cutting edge but some of the posts i've been reading are unreal! i honestly think this could only happen at cardiff. a serious reality check check is needed at our club and i think malkys biggest task this season is keeping fans expectations in check

well said it did my head in reading some of the shit from yesterday they are plastic fans with no knowledge of real football.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 pm

taffyapple wrote:These are the facts, and bollocks if you dont like them

The rest of the Championship, managers and players alike are seeing
the squad Malky is putting together and are very nervous. Right now!!
we can field:

Heaton GK
Taylor LB
McNaughton RB
Keinan CB
Gerrard CB
Conway Midfield
Gunnarsson Midfield
Cowie Midfield
Whittingham Midfield
Earnshaw Striker
Miller? Striker

Add a defender (he's already said he's after one), add another midfielder, add two more strikers
bear in mind he has bought bloody quality so far, and its unlikely he'll f**k up on the evidence so
far. Are there half a dozen teams in this division with a better bunch than above?? are there f**k!
Above is a cracking side.

Now bear in mind that all four of the big names no longer here had less
than outstanding seasons. Chopra was pretty poor, Bothroyd, great for 20 games. Bellamy, sadly
injured for much of the season, Burke.. for whatever reason, a shadow of his former self.
Between them all though, our strike force managed to get us lots of goals, lots of wins and in a
commanding position. IT WAS THE PLAYERS BEHIND THEM THAT CONTRIVED TO f**k IT UP!!!

Chopra has been replaced with someone who will get more goals. Bellamy may well still be coming
but if he doesnt, Conway will be out left winger, leaving another £2m in the kitty. Bothroyd at his
best will take some replacing, but would i sooner have a slightly less gifted player who will give us
a WHOLE seasons effort? Damn right i would.

Mid -Table??

Your all nuts... this squad, once its complete, once it finds its feet, is going to be amongst the top
two or three for most of the season.

They are all bloody class players.

They also have a manager who commands respect, and who will get the best from them.

But then again... we lost to Celtic in a friendly? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Idiots!!

Well said taffy....
Positivety at the highest... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:40 pm

supercoops wrote:

we can field:

Heaton GK
Taylor LB
McNaughton RB
Keinan CB
Gerrard CB
Conway Midfield
Gunnarsson Midfield
Cowie Midfield
Whittingham Midfield
Earnshaw Striker
Miller? Striker

Add a defender (he's already said he's after one), add another midfielder, add two more strikers
bear in mind he has bought bloody quality so far, and its unlikely he'll f**k up on the evidence so
far. Are there half a dozen teams in this division with a better bunch than above?? are there f**k!

than outstanding seasons. Chopra was pretty poor, Bothroyd, great for 20 games. Bellamy, sadly
injured for much of the season, Burke.. for whatever reason, a shadow of his former self.
Between them all though, our strike force managed to get us lots of goals, lots of wins and in a
commanding position. IT WAS THE PLAYERS BEHIND THEM THAT CONTRIVED TO f**k IT UP!!!

Chopra has been replaced with someone who will get more goals. Bellamy may well still be coming
but if he doesnt, Conway will be out left winger, leaving another £2m in the kitty. Bothroyd at his
best will take some replacing, but would i sooner have a slightly less gifted player who will give us

Mid -Table??

Your all nuts... this squad, once its complete, once it finds its feet, is going to be amongst the top

They also have a manager who commands respect, and who will get the best from them.

But then again... we lost to Celtic in a friendly? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Idiots!!

Well said taffy....
Positivety at the highest... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers mate!

Its not rocket science though is it :lol:

Anyone with a half decent knowledge of Football can see that the squad we
are probably only a week or so away from completing is going to be quality.

f**k me if id heard anyone slagging them off last night id have been livid

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:46 am

You left out Mason and Gestede (providing he's signed properly now?) who are apparently quality young talents :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:50 am

Get your maximum wager on promotion this season lads . It may have to be through the playoff's but it WILL happen,Get on NOW! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:14 am

nice one taffy!

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_9444140

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_9465193

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:59 am

LeBlue wrote:You left out Mason and Gestede (providing he's signed properly now?) who are apparently quality young talents :ayatollah:

I left out Mason deliberately to show Miller and Earnie up front, but he's 20, Connor
Wickham was only 17 and smashed Championship defences. If he's good enough he'll
get his chance. Gestede i'm unsure on tbh, but we shall see eh! Also Kiss, who is
allegedly one of the hottest prospects in his country.

It looks like Whittingham is going to get a central role this season, and in a few
glimpses against Celtic he looked like he was made for the job, Gunnarsson and
whoever else are busy compact defensive minded players and will always tuck in
when needed, and look to give Whitts the ball. I was worried if we only had him
as a playmaker. Whitts rarely gets injured, or booked, but... then I remembered
that Cowie had the most assists for Watford last season ;)

Yes we need another striker... but who saw Miller on the radar? I dont like him
much, but his record speaks for itself, a brilliant signing who to be honest brings
more to the table than Earnie.

Problem with some of this 'new age' support is... they are complaining that the
team isnt experienced enough, not enough strength in depth, that we will finish
mid-table at best etc etc. But when Malky gets the defender he's after, and that
striker, AND maybe Bellamy or AN Other in the next two weeks ;) .....

Their tune will change to:

IF WE DONT WIN THE LEAGUE WITH THIS SQUAD MACKAY SHOULD GO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:36 am

we can field:

Heaton GK
Taylor LB
McNaughton RB
Keinan CB
Gerrard CB
Conway Midfield
Gunnarsson Midfield
Cowie Midfield
Whittingham Midfield
Earnshaw Striker
Miller? Striker

Mid -Table??

Idiots!!

I love the positivity mate but im sceptical as to whether we will be in a position to challenge this season. You forgot to mention the fact we have a new squad, and a new manager, and it may well take some time to gel. In Bothroyd, Chopra, Bellers, Burke and Oli we have lost close to 50 goals! Miller and Earnie are good signings but replacing that many goals is an issue and it remains to be seen whether we will have the necessary firepower! Another issue is the fact that this division is far tougher than last season, in fact it could well be the toughest ever!!! I would say that West Ham, Birmingham, Leicester, Blackpool, and Reading have as strong, if not stronger squads than us at this moment in time. Just below them then clubs such as Leeds, Forrest, Burnley, Hull, Brighton, Southampton and Ipswich are all spending money and will be in the promotion shake up. We must also remember that whilst Malky didnt have a lot to work with at Watford they only finished 14th last season. I believe Malky is the right man for the job, and love what I see so far, but he will make mistakes and must be given time to get things right!

If we are challenging from the start then fantastic but this sort of unbridled optimism could lead to disapointment and discontent if we are mid table come November. I think we all need to give the boys a chance to settle and not expect to be running away with the league. There is no doubt this is a major rebuilding job and it may take time! The signings we have made so far by and large look good but i really think we need at least another 6 players if we are to have any hope of the play offs! Hopefully by the start of the season we will have Bellamy , and 5 other class players, and then things maybe different but we will have to see.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:59 am

thehumblegringo wrote:with dave jones gone and malky coming in, a man who clearly shows passion and has got fresh idea etc. but judging by some of the responses on the messageboards i was clearly wrong! i honestly think that some of our fans are the worst in britain! we are cardiff city not man utd. last night was our first real friendly and we are almost 3 weeks away from our first game and yes i agree we need a few more signings to give us a bit of cutting edge but some of the posts i've been reading are unreal! i honestly think this could only happen at cardiff. a serious reality check check is needed at our club and i think malkys biggest task this season is keeping fans expectations in check

Excellent post.

I f*cking hate most of our fans.A relegation fight, and just staying up by the skin of our teeth might not be a bad thing this season sort some of these cretinous cunts out.

We are fast surpassing Newcastle and England National the team in the deluded supporters stakes.

:evil:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:39 pm

polo wrote:

Excellent post.

I f*cking hate most of our fans.A relegation fight, and just staying up by the skin of our teeth might not be a bad thing this season sort some of these cretinous cunts out.

We are fast surpassing Newcastle and England National the team in the deluded supporters stakes.

don't be afraid to speak your mind mate :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:56 pm

polo wrote:

Excellent post.

Deluded??

I dont look at Cardiff City through rose tinted glasses, ive watched too much shit for
too many years lad.

Mackay has stated himself that he is still looking for four or five players. If just one
more of them is a quality striker, if just one more of them is a quality defender, then
our squad is far better than last years. Fact.

We WILL be challenging for promotion, Mackay is not here to piss about.

He has not bought any muppets who are here for the ride. Kenny Miller was a shoe-in
to go back to Rangers. Conway too. Taylor was one of Boro's best players they were
gutted to lose him. Watford are fuming over Cowie coming here. Gunnarsson looks
pure class

If City are a mid-table side then id love someone to show me ten teams with a better
squad than us right now...and we've not finished shopping by a long chalk

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:09 am

excellent post,and so so right :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:23 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:tony i dont know whether ur post was a personal dig against me mate as i wrote this post with one intention and that was to pour water on what i see as peoples 'unrealistic' expectations! i fear we may have a tough season and if people are willing to be so negative after one friendly i dread to think what it will be like if we are not in the top 6 by xmas. i don't want another season of negativity as i really believe that we, as fans have a big part to play and if the club can go forwafd without being fragmented like it has in the last few seasons, i really believe success will come a lot sooner. we haven't got a budget like west ham or leicester so like dibs said, as long as we see passion and pride in the shirt i will go home satisfied every saturday :ayatollah:

Fine you are entitled to that opinion but it can be posted without the digs such as "the worst fans in Britain" or my personal dislike "negativity"

We need to get away from that and if some fans have unrealistic expectations then that's their opinion. If you disagree then tell them why without resorting to that kind of nonsense.

The humblegringo is making a generalised point here. I hardly went to CCS last season - miserable bunch of twats we were. No passion, no support, just grizzling. Two weeks ago, I got a new season ticket for this season - hoping that we would be a less deluded crowd and cardiff city supporters again.
We are like bitches on times ffs. Tony, have you seen snippets of other fans writings - they dont seem to like us much mate.
That can't all be jealousy of our lofty perch!

We will get frustrated on times but we must support. J
ust look at Cletic fans: Two team league and battered in Europe virtually every season - but by f**k they get behind they're team. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:21 am

taffyapple wrote:
Mid -Table??

Idiots!!

I think Mid table or just scraping in the Playoffs is the best we can hope for this year , If Dave Jones was losing to the likes Bournemouth(friendly or not) you and this board we be calling for his head, but because it's under this great Scottish warrior it's some how ok (maye I should insert Idiots here ?)

We simply haven't replaced Chopra with a proven championship goal scorer with a recorded to that of Chopra , even Jay has a better recent recorded than the likes of Earnshaw Don't get me wrong... I'n delighted to have Earnshaw back, but we still need to bring in a replacement fit to lace Chopra boots and we simply have't yet. Malky Mackay got a lot to prove this season, just because he's some tough Scottish disciplinarian isn't the be and end all (ask Middlesbrough fans). Lets all try and remember than even the likes of Millwall finished above Watford (even with the brave Scottish Warriror that is Mackay in charge)

Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:48 am

polo wrote:

Excellent post.

lol

I think we need to be realistic too. I agree with Polo, we might take a while to gel but if we get in Bellamy and another marquee signing then we have a great chance to storm off from the start. Shopuld we win our first few games then we can do it. When I look at the fixture list I am not afraid. Only West Ham, Brum, Forest, Blackpool and possibly Leicester concern me. We are f*cking magic though so you never know. Bloooobirds!

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:14 am

people keep saying watford only finished 14th ,but they were chalenging at the top for quite some time ,remember they were the short price favorites to be relegated, ffs the season hasnt started yet ,but negetive morons are allready at it with there fu..ing moaning ,mid table will do for me with a gutsy performance every game ,win lose or draw if they show commitment its all i want ,,anything better than mid table would be a bonus with the changes in our squad (age wise) we must give them all time ,,be patient but most of all give them our full support in good and bad ,im confident we have the right managment/coaching set up ,and the new signings are of the right attitude to do us proud ,so come on stop all the whinging and start being true cardiff city supporters :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:14 am

Marshall / Heaton

McNaughton
Taylor
Hudson / Keinan
Gerrard

Conway / Farah
Wittingham / Bellamy
Cowie / McPhail
Gunnarson / Darcy Blake (deserves his real chance now)

Earnshaw
Miller

Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:01 pm

but negetive morons are allready at it with there fu..ing moaning ,mid table will do for me with a gutsy performance every game ,win lose or draw if they show commitment its all i want

What' s that Vs the negative people that were calling for Jones head when were in 2nd place , and had in many people view the best squad in the Championship lol Give me a break, its not about being negative it's about being realistic... Watford faded faster than Cardiff did last year even with Braveheart in charge and it's like Millwall have a massive budget .

Already people are making out we're up , and that is simply laughable at this stage

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:04 pm

well im taking Smilebit doesn't like Malky :roll:
Watford were one of the faviourites for relegation last season, Mackay done a fantastic job there and no im not saying we're going to get promoted this season, im saying it seems we're going for it, my personal expectation is in the top half and ill be happy. Like troobloo said the season haven't started and people are already judging the team cause we lost two pre-season games were last season we lost all but one and we had a great season imo, but we didn't have that extra push which could get us up, whether Mackay can provide that extra push is yet to be seen. I just think everyone needs to be behind the team and the manager and see how far he can get us this season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:21 pm

I THOUGHT THE POINT OF THIS THREAD WAS FOR FANS TO BE REALISTIC AND JUST GET BEHIND THE TEAM. I WASN'T A DJ FAN BUT SUPPORTED THE GUY.

MALKY IS IN, A SQUAD IS BEING DEVELOPED, WE'LL WIN SOME-WE'LL LOSE SOME -THAT IS IT.

OUR (BANK)ROLLERCOASTER DAYS ARE OVER AND A CLUB HAS TO BE CREATED WITH DEPTH AND YOUTH TEAMS PLAYING A SIMILAR STYLE, SO WE CAN BE STRONGER OVER A LONGER TERM.

DJ IS GONE - OUR CHANCES WENT TOO -AND WHEN MALKY CAME IN WE HAD f**k ALL OF A TEAM.

WE MAY GET SOMEWHERE THIS SEASON, WE JUST DON'T KNOW YET. BUT TO START WHINGING AND MOANING AND TOLD YOU SO-ING BEFORE WE f*cking START IS SHIT- SUPPORT THE BOYS AND BE MORE POSITVE FFS.

DO FANS OF ALL THE OTHER TEN TEAMS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP TOP MIX TURN ON THEIR OWN LIKE WE DO????

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:51 pm

well im taking Smilebit doesn't like Malky

No. I'm saying he's got a lot to prove and it's far to early to make out he's the man, we love to knock Jones sides for fading at the end of the season and being great one game and shit the next. Yet seem to look over the same could be said for Watford last season who can tump us or QPR only to then play shit the next game , or how Watford faded at the end of last season( even more so than us)

I think we've got a massive rebuild job on our hands and will be mid table and lucky to make the playoff's

Watford were one of the faviourites for relegation last season,

I'm seem to remember some tipping us a couple of season ago. Predications means nothing

I just think everyone needs to be behind the team and the manager and see how far he can get us this season.

Any fan should get behind the team, quite a few here or in the stadium weren't last season, simply because of Jones . Now because of Jones going and we've got got some Scottish discipline, everyone is going OTT again . I think we missed the boat in not getting Ian Holloway, but I'll give Malky an chance .Just lets be realistic.... just because he's Scottish and may demand strict discipline , its not the reason to go Ape and make out we've going to win the league, This year was going to be hard enough as it is, with the likes of West Ham dropping down, never mind us losing so many players and top class striker

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:20 pm

smilebit wrote:
well im taking Smilebit doesn't like Malky

No. I'm saying he's got a lot to prove and it's far to early to make out he's the man, we love to knock Jones sides for fading at the end of the season and being great one game and shit the next. Yet seem to look over the same could be said for Watford last season who can tump us or QPR only to then play shit the next game , or how Watford faded at the end of last season( even more so than us)

I think we've got a massive rebuild job on our hands and will be mid table and lucky to make the playoff's

Watford were one of the faviourites for relegation last season,

I'm seem to remember some tipping us a couple of season ago. Predications means nothing

I just think everyone needs to be behind the team and the manager and see how far he can get us this season.

Any fan should get behind the team, quite a few here or in the stadium weren't last season, simply because of Jones . Now because of Jones going and we've got got some Scottish discipline, everyone is going OTT again . I think we missed the boat in not getting Ian Holloway, but I'll give Malky an chance .Just lets be realistic.... just because he's Scottish and may demand strict discipline , its not the reason to go Ape and make out we've going to win the league, This year was going to be hard enough as it is, with the likes of West Ham dropping down, never mind us losing so many players and top class striker

i'm sorry for saying you didn't like him it just seemed you didn't because the whole bravehart thing and the scottish warrior thing. and okay i agree with you on the prediction thing but i think its a matter of opinion on whether Mackay done a good job at Watford, but any manager has to prove his worth at any club. And if you think we're looking to make mid table fair enough its your opinion, as for your last quote about fans turning on Dave Jones i totally agree, when we lost against 'Boro some fans did say we werent going up and so on. But i dont think fans are saying we're going to win the league because hes Scottish. Its going to be tough this year as you said and i don't think we'll win the league i personally think getting promotion will take two years to get. As for the strikers i think we've replaced them, but thats opinion if anyone wants slate me... slate me.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:13 pm

anyone that does nt think mid table is good enough this season is totaly deluded ,with all the changes we are going through ,anything better would be a huge bonus , ffs just sit back and enjoy the whole experience of next season by supporting our new manager/ coaches and players, we wont change or influence anything by moaning and whinging on here but i know we can make a huge difference by filling the cc stadium and getting right behind the team and manager for the whole of the season ,we must make the cc stadium as intimadating as possible (just like the old ninian park) lets get it rocking . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:01 pm

i'm sorry for saying you didn't like him it just seemed you didn't because the whole bravehart thing and the scottish warrior thing. and okay i agree with you on the prediction thing but i think its a matter of opinion on whether Mackay done a good job at Watford, but any manager has to prove his worth at any club. And if you think we're looking to make mid table fair enough its your opinion, as for your last quote about fans turning on Dave Jones i totally agree, when we lost against 'Boro some fans did say we werent going up and so on. But i dont think fans are saying we're going to win the league because hes Scottish. Its going to be tough this year as you said and i don't think we'll win the league i personally think getting promotion will take two years to get. As for the strikers i think we've replaced them, but thats opinion if anyone wants slate me... slate me.

No need to say sorry. I'll give any new Manger a chance, but I feel some here are again going OTT and thinking we'll be transformed, just we've got this Scottish disciplinarian The simple fact is none us know yet and Watford were just as guilty as were last season of dropping off at the end.

Next season will be tough as the players bed in and I just hope that the new found love for the Manger and the players doesn't drop off as quickly as it did last season - I just couldn't work out why people thought it would improve our Promotion push to call for the Manager head after Christmas and booing the players during the game . Earnshaw may be better for us than Jay, but I don't think we've come close to replace a striker of Michael Chopra calibre, never mind to sell him for as cheap as we did, much less to a rival team (with just as much chance as us this season ) Was t me complete and utter madness

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:16 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:anyone that does nt think mid table is good enough this season is totaly deluded ,with all the changes we are going through ,anything better would be a huge bonus , ffs just sit back and enjoy the whole experience of next season by supporting our new manager/ coaches and players, we wont change or influence anything by moaning and whinging on here but i know we can make a huge difference by filling the cc stadium and getting right behind the team and manager for the whole of the season ,we must make the cc stadium as intimadating as possible (just like the old ninian park) lets get it rocking . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on mate! People who are saying we are going up automatically need a reality check. I looked at the West Ham midfield today and its frightening! Taylor Nolan Parker Noble Boa Morte Collison! That should be a decent prem midfield! We are way behind that and we need to accept that fact and just support the team this year, no matter where we end up!