Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF WE SIGN MILLER

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:20 am

I CANT SEE U BUYING GOODWILLIE FOR 2 MILL ASWELL AND ID RATHER GOODWILLIE :ayatollah: :(

Re: IF WE SIGN MILLER

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:25 am

Hmmm, I don't know. £2m for an unproven young striker or £600k for a mature striker who has scored goals at this level... it's a tough one. That's not a sarcastic comment by the way, it genuinely is a tough one. You look at the likes of Porter, Riordan and O'Connor who came here with similar reps as Goodwillie and they failed.

I'd rather take Miller and use the spare £1.4m to spend on other players thinking about it.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:26 am

I think Malky will take them both, we need to bulk out our stiking capabilities. I think Parkin may not make the starting cut and mybe considered an impact sub. So Earnie, Miller, Goodwille and Hopefully bellamy slotting in from time to time when able would be a force in this league

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:27 am

yes ts a grey area but why not???

we have earnie miller parkin mason.....

goodwillie was coming whether earnie parkin or mason were here. realistically mason wont be playing week in week out. parkin i hope wont be playing at all, unless we need a late goal in a long ball game. so with just earnie and miller, definatly room for goodwille and if anything, one more striker, preferably a tall target man.....gestede

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:28 am

i wud love to have em both but i can see him splashing 2 mill after miller :ayatollah: :(

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:30 am

I thought Mason looked more promising than Parkin last night. Parkin still lacks the fitness and sharpness for the end product. Mason had more fight and rawness about him. Not looking good for Parkin and if Gestede comes in I can see Parkin being moved on.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:36 am

Zabier wrote:I thought Mason looked more promising than Parkin last night. Parkin still lacks the fitness and sharpness for the end product. Mason had more fight and rawness about him. Not looking good for Parkin and if Gestede comes in I can see Parkin being moved on.

Agreed, he is clearly passionate and i will definately support Parkin because of his efforts but he still needs to drop a few extra Kg's. I for one do not like seeing a fat kid running around after a couple of bullies have just nicked his bag of sweets........... thats kinda what it looked like at times. 10/10 for pure passion - Parkin will be a fans favorite with his commitment, if he sharpens up and drops the ballast he could be a local hero

Mason looked like a great prospect and looked sharp at times, think he will be definately one to watch

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:40 am

He should sign both.

With just 2 millon he would have just created the best strikeforce in this league.

And a strikeforce that could play at Prem level.

You add in Bellers and then you have enough goals and skill to get out of this league and to keep us in the Prem.

Miller + Bellers + Goodwillie = MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!