Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I Sympathise with Parkin......

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:52 am

Now please bare with me and read what i say before you snipe this.

Football is changing. 5-10 years ago, in england, we played hard man football, proper football. we played long ball. we had hard tackling and we had TARGET MEN. men who were big enough to withstand the keowns, keanes, adams, stams.

this is the mold parkin is built around.

unfortunaly for him and england, the world of football is now more technical, spain for example are ruling the world and rightly so by playing some excellent technical football. to feet, fast paced, hard working and technically the best. this has spread around the world. in relation to english footballl now. we are on catch up, but time are progressing, the days of a tall large striker winning every ball in the air as his main job is gone. strikers now need to be able to score pass cross and do everything anybody else does.

Unfortunayly for Parkin, he is old fashioned and that kind of football is gone and the modern football just doesnt suit him. some tall strikers have the potential to adapt and change. Parkin will alsways be a big lump of a forward for causing trouble and winning headers. thats what he does and he is good at it. unfortunatly, in 2011 he needs to do alot more and its beyond his reach.

its not his fault, he just hasnt got the room or time to adapt. 10 years ago i would of loved him at city. nugent, fortune west etc

lay off him, he isnt shit, he is good at what he does, he simply just cant play modern football and wont get higher than lague 1 if he wants regular football.

Re: I Sympathise with Parkin......

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:19 am

lose weight and he gives himself a chance

I can excuse people for being no skilful enough or talented enough or have 2 left feet or not hard enough etc

What I cannot excuse is not being in good shape as a professional athlete - that should be a given.

Same went for Chopra

Wouldn't happen if I were boss

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:22 am

Gaga wrote:lose weight and he gives himself a chance

I can excuse people for being no skilful enough or talented enough or have 2 left feet or not hard enough etc

What I cannot excuse is not being in good shape as a professional athlete - that should be a given.

Same went for Chopra

yes but i suppose he has always been big and if anything that was his asset. its only since MM took over so two weeks ago he has really been made to change. i cant imagine DJ pushing him too much last season

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 am

jezzy666 wrote:

Same went for Chopra

yes but i suppose he has always been big and if anything that was his asset. its only since MM took over so two weeks ago he has really been made to change. i cant imagine DJ pushing him too much last season

There's big and there's fat and unfit and slow...........................

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:24 am

i have to be honest, Parkin was awful last year but i was really prepared to give him a chance to settle and see what he had to offer during pre season. After last night im far from impressed. If anything he looks like he has put more weight on and his touch is terrible. Im actually staggered he has been playing professional football for this long, its daylight robbery that he can make a living as a championship footballer. Ive heard hes a great lad, and a good laugh, but he shouldnt be near a first team shirt.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Parkin as you say i more built for the old long ball game, which as we know doesn't work any more, he seems naturally big built anyway but yes he is unfit and could lose a bit of weight but im sure he'll pushed harder with all the new strikers which seem to be coming in. I personally think he suits a 4-3-3 formation which he played in at Preston, because he did seem to score a lot of goals for PNE. I also think is confidence is at an all time low as he gots what 2 starts and 11 sub apps which were only 5 - 10 mins each. I would happily give him another chance if approves same goes for Naylor really who didn't played to bad yesterday.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:32 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:i have to be honest, Parkin was awful last year but i was really prepared to give him a chance to settle and see what he had to offer during pre season. After last night im far from impressed. If anything he looks like he has put more weight on and his touch is terrible. Im actually staggered he has been playing professional football for this long, its daylight robbery that he can make a living as a championship footballer. Ive heard hes a great lad, and a good laugh, but he shouldnt be near a first team shirt.

my thoughts exactly - and I hope he doesn't read this cos' its not nice to be slated - but when people are paid an awful lot of money to do a job, that we help fund, it really does grate

nothing against the guy personally, just not up to it based on my observation last night

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Gaga wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:i have to be honest, Parkin was awful last year but i was really prepared to give him a chance to settle and see what he had to offer during pre season. After last night im far from impressed. If anything he looks like he has put more weight on and his touch is terrible. Im actually staggered he has been playing professional football for this long, its daylight robbery that he can make a living as a championship footballer. Ive heard hes a great lad, and a good laugh, but he shouldnt be near a first team shirt.

my thoughts exactly - and I hope he doesn't read this cos' its not nice to be slated - but when people are paid an awful lot of money to do a job, that we help fund, it really does grate

nothing against the guy personally, just not up to it based on my observation last night

yeah i agree with everything, i just think he is playing football that is far too much out of his comfort zone :/ he isnt up to it.

isnt this nice to have a proper debate rather than Parkin is shit etc :)

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:38 pm

He seems like someone Sam Allardyce would be interested in, especially at this level.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:42 pm

Same went for Chopra

he took his top off in front of lads in seville ,i think u would be shocked when u see his body,not alot of fat there,hes just big lad

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:07 pm

dibstours wrote:

Same went for Chopra

he took his top off in front of lads in seville ,i think u would be shocked when u see his body,not alot of fat there,hes just big lad

Maybe I'm doing him a disservice - if I am I'll be the first to hold my hands up - just feel very disappointed - that 1st touch against Norwich and that goal made me think wow, great touch player - would love him to prove me wrong

If it doesn't sound too gay - lets see his 6 pack LOL

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:14 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
Gaga wrote:

yeah i agree with everything, i just think he is playing football that is far too much out of his comfort zone :/ he isnt up to it.

isnt this nice to have a proper debate rather than Parkin is shit etc :)

One of the reasons I've stayed away from posting is the complete tripe that comes out - I can get angry and vociferous, but what I cannot stand is illogical argument or just neanderthal slating like some drunken yob. Everyone has an opinion, just put it across without the need for it to end up like an episode of Jerry Springer.

My observations over the last months of viewing (and not writing) is that a lot of people just want to be the first to post something, like some News of The World hack trying to get credit for being the first to publish a story. I find it tiresome and egotistical. It then detracts from those truly in the know that do post soemthing worthwhile.

I suppose football supporters by their very nature come from all backgrounds with varying degrees of decorum and intelligence and who am I to prejudge? And I suppose there are those that are youngsters that possibly haven't learnt how to conduct themselves yet.

Hey ho - Annis did say to me to post my thoughts and not hold back

Prepare for the avalanche of insults :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:14 pm

There's still room for players like him in the modern game, look at Andy Carroll who rightly or wrongly is a £35million player. The problem is that Parkin is technically a league 1 or 2 player not a championship one. I like the guy and I know last night was only a friendly but some of his control and lack of movement was shocking.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:32 pm

to be honest lads parkin isnt even useful as a target man,decent defenders will own him,the few long balls we played in to him he totally misjudged,he wasnt even the right side of the defenders half the time,like mentioned hes probably a nice guy and a good person to have in the dressing room but should be used solely as a subsitute taht comes on to make a nuisnace of himself

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:34 pm

jezzy666 wrote:Now please bare with me and read what i say before you snipe this.

Football is changing. 5-10 years ago, in england, we played hard man football, proper football. we played long ball. we had hard tackling and we had TARGET MEN. men who were big enough to withstand the keowns, keanes, adams, stams.

this is the mold parkin is built around.

unfortunaly for him and england, the world of football is now more technical, spain for example are ruling the world and rightly so by playing some excellent technical football. to feet, fast paced, hard working and technically the best. this has spread around the world. in relation to english footballl now. we are on catch up, but time are progressing, the days of a tall large striker winning every ball in the air as his main job is gone. strikers now need to be able to score pass cross and do everything anybody else does.

Unfortunayly for Parkin, he is old fashioned and that kind of football is gone and the modern football just doesnt suit him. some tall strikers have the potential to adapt and change. Parkin will alsways be a big lump of a forward for causing trouble and winning headers. thats what he does and he is good at it. unfortunatly, in 2011 he needs to do alot more and its beyond his reach.

its not his fault, he just hasnt got the room or time to adapt. 10 years ago i would of loved him at city. nugent, fortune west etc

lay off him, he isnt shit, he is good at what he does, he simply just cant play modern football and wont get higher than lague 1 if he wants regular football.

I cant agree more with you, the only way he could adapt is if he lost loads og weight and he he improved is fitness more :ayatollah: