Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Jaks view on ccfc vs celtic must see !

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:54 pm

I saw that flag aswell as one of the lads pointed it out and i must say what an absolute disgrace, shame he didnt get a slap for it tbh :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote: like it or not it does represent our country...Britain...dont get me wrong I love Wales but I don't think we'd be better off independant...specially as the Euro has gone tits up and the pound is the strongest currency in the world and now the economy seems to be sorting itself out.

our country isnt britain though is it. its wales! and we have a welsh flag.

each to there own. personally i see british as english and never class myself as british even if my passport tells me i am. :lol: in denial if you like!

Well the UK is classed as a country thats the point I was trying to make. Britain IS a country made up of 4 other countries (as you may know).

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote: like it or not it does represent our country...Britain...dont get me wrong I love Wales but I don't think we'd be better off independant...specially as the Euro has gone tits up and the pound is the strongest currency in the world and now the economy seems to be sorting itself out.

each to there own. personally i see british as english and never class myself as british even if my passport tells me i am. :lol: in denial if you like!

Well the UK is classed as a country thats the point I was trying to make. Britain IS a country made up of 4 other countries (as you may know).

Wales is a country on its own, with our own anthem, flag and parliament (to a degree) so that Union Jack (which represents England, Scotland and N.Ireland) can go and get shafted.
Oh and why that sentence on your location profile?

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:

Well the UK is classed as a country thats the point I was trying to make. Britain IS a country made up of 4 other countries (as you may know
Wales is a country on its own, with our own anthem, flag and parliament (to a degree) so that Union Jack (which represents England, Scotland and N.Ireland) can go and get shafted.
Oh and why that sentence on your location profile?

Absolute nothing to do with what you maybe thinking. Just Bridgend is a bit of a dump and I've heard people call it deadend (nothing to do with what you may be thinking)

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:08 pm

I f*cking hope not

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:09 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:I f*cking hope not

I dont go that low mate.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:I f*cking hope not

I dont go that low mate.

Ok lets forget it then fella

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:19 pm

valleycasual wrote:Because I'm Welsh and in absolutely no way does the union jack represent me or my country. Fact

Totally agree, I f**king hate the scummy union flag, it doesnt represent anything Welsh and I am Welsh so it has no bearing on me and thats final.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:25 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
valleycasual wrote:Because I'm Welsh and in absolutely no way does the union jack represent me or my country. Fact

Totally agree, I f**king hate the scummy union flag, it doesnt represent anything Welsh and I am Welsh so it has no bearing on me and thats final.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well, Wales is part of Britain no matter if you like it or not. If you don't want Wales part of the UK vote for Plaid Cymru in the next election. What I will say though is if we become independant for the UK, we will prolly go on the Euro. The Euro is about to fail and the British Pound (Stirling) is the strongest currency in the World.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:05 pm

a swansea celtic fan o the irony :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Wales is not a "country".It can be categorised with Catalonia,for example,along with many other
parts of Europe,where the inhabitants claim to be distinct from the rest of the state of which they
form an integral part.
The official and legal designation of the country south of the Scottish border is"England and Wales"
and has been since "The Laws in Wales"acts 1535/1542.The red dragon banner only became the official
flag of Wales in 1959,and that was at the request of The Gorsedd of Bards,a body of Welsh-speaking
egg chasers who claim to be the guardians and custodians of Welsh language and culture.Personally I
would prefer "The Holy Banner of St.David",which was our club crest in the Sam Hammam years,but the point is that,like it or not,you are represented on the union flag by the cross of St.George.
Finally,as your username suggests that you're a valleys boy,the chances are that your ninteenth century ancestors were not locals,but were from that place which must not be named.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:21 pm

It's not about being "british" it's the history of Wales and it's Welsh people if people class them selfs as Welsh not British then let them it's up to us,also if your all so proud to be British then why sing anti english chants at evevy game! :roll:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:23 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:It's not about being "british" it's the history of Wales and it's Welsh people if people class them selfs as Welsh not British then let them it's up to us,also if your all so proud to be British then why sing anti english chants at evevy game! :roll:

I didn't say I'm proud of being British nor do I resent being British. But all I'm saying is everyone who is born in: Wales, England, Scotland and N.Ireland IS British. If you get a passport in Britain, it's a BRITISH passport. Which means you're a BRITISH citizen. That's all I'm saying. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:25 pm

Not on about you mate i'm on about the others it's annoying makes us look stupid when people refuse to take union jacks to the stadium sing anti English chants but claim to be so "British" :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Not on about you mate i'm on about the others it's annoying makes us look stupid when people refuse to take union jacks to the stadium sing anti English chants but claim to be so "British" :lol: :lol:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Are Malaysian flags ok? :|

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:33 pm

01443casual wrote:Are Malaysian flags ok? :|

I wouldn't, someone will call you racist. :roll: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Well we've got malaysia on are kits! :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:36 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Well we've got malaysia on are kits! :lol:

OUR CLUB IS RACIST!!! :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:It's not about being "british" it's the history of Wales and it's Welsh people if people class them selfs as Welsh not British then let them it's up to us,also if your all so proud to be British then why sing anti english chants at evevy game! :roll:

They're British when they're sick or unemployed.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Well we've got malaysia on are kits! :lol:

On that note it's a shame the new ground wasn't built earlier because I had a Redrow flag with my house :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:17 pm

Warren of Merthyr wrote:I saw that flag aswell as one of the lads pointed it out and i must say what an absolute disgrace, shame he didnt get a slap for it tbh :ayatollah:

:lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:

british = welsh scots english and northern ireland
its facts mate
rule britania

Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:31 am

you and ur shitty little town have always been toothless.in all my years u have never stood,.say what u like u inbred c**t,cardiff can batter u scruffy gypo shitters anytime,but u r a f*cking joke.cardiff got a big loyalist following and always have had,with connections u can only dream off.it doesnt bother me or alot of cardiff that u got union jacks.i'm british,cardiffian and rangers.now be a good little boy and go plaY with ur sister.hoppo no surrender

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:25 am

^ what the hell are you talking about? Cardiff loyalist connection? your wrong my friend most of Cardiff fans couldn't give a flying f*ck about the Irish things.

Learn to spell aswell and also who are you talking to? :lol:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:54 am

The Union Flag belonged to a Rangers supporter.

We are not a country just a principality. If you want to get it changed get of your arses and get working towards independence. Then when you've got it we can then settle our team into the Welsh League.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:11 am

Tell him to come back for the Bristol City game. Plus are they really slagging us off for being "toothless" when they lost 1-0 to Neath with their new £3m striker playing? Gypo twats

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:58 am

Could be worse, I could be a Jack. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:15 am

Hoppo67 wrote:you and ur shitty little town have always been toothless.in all my years u have never stood,.say what u like u inbred c**t,cardiff can batter u scruffy gypo shitters anytime,but u r a f*cking joke.cardiff got a big loyalist following and always have had,with connections u can only dream off.it doesnt bother me or alot of cardiff that u got union jacks.i'm british,cardiffian and rangers.now be a good little boy and go plaY with ur sister.hoppo no surrender

:lol: :lol: :lol:
This gave me a laugh

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:16 am

clambake wrote:

Wales is not a "country".It can be categorised with Catalonia,for example,along with many other
parts of Europe,where the inhabitants claim to be distinct from the rest of the state of which they
form an integral part.
The official and legal designation of the country south of the Scottish border is"England and Wales"
and has been since "The Laws in Wales"acts 1535/1542.The red dragon banner only became the official
flag of Wales in 1959,and that was at the request of The Gorsedd of Bards,a body of Welsh-speaking
egg chasers who claim to be the guardians and custodians of Welsh language and culture.Personally I
would prefer "The Holy Banner of St.David",which was our club crest in the Sam Hammam years,but the point is that,like it or not,you are represented on the union flag by the cross of St.George.
Finally,as your username suggests that you're a valleys boy,the chances are that your ninteenth century ancestors were not locals,but were from that place which must not be named.

I wouldn't class us with Catalonia, more like Monaco. Both Wales and Monaco are Principalities so I would say that comparison is a fairer one