Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VIRGIN MEDIA TIVO

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:51 pm

Has anyone got one and if so what are your thoughts.

I got the 500gb being delivered tomorrow with the promise of one of the USB ports being activated so I can use my wireless keyboard for browsing the net and not having to use the remote to do so.

Re: VIRGIN MEDIA TIVO

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:59 pm

My wife has never forgiven me for getting rid of her original TiVO when Sky+ came along.

Virgin have integrated catch up TV into the TV Guide so as well as going forward and setting things to record, you can also go backwards on some channels and just watch programmes. A brilliant idea.

Still holding off until I can work out how to feed a picture from the box to a 2nd TV.

Warning, be carefull what you set to record and then delete without the other half's knowledge. TiVo learns your tv habits and records things you may want to see. Before you know it the missus is asking why TiVo has recorded "Snog, Marry, Avoid" and "Queer as Folk". :lol:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Wayne S wrote:My wife has never forgiven me for getting rid of her original TiVO when Sky+ came along.

Virgin have integrated catch up TV into the TV Guide so as well as going forward and setting things to record, you can also go backwards on some channels and just watch programmes. A brilliant idea.

Still holding off until I can work out how to feed a picture from the box to a 2nd TV.

Warning, be carefull what you set to record and then delete without the other half's knowledge. TiVo learns your tv habits and records things you may want to see. Before you know it the missus is asking why TiVo has recorded "Snog, Marry, Avoid" and "Queer as Folk". :lol:

I am impressed by the like and dislike thingy Wayne and the dedicated 10mb B/B line too. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:04 pm

The dedicated 10mb broadband is brilliant. I really am considering it. but just cannot get dragged away from SKy and all its' HD.

I'm Phone and Broadband with Virgin and TV with Sky. There's got to be a cheaper way. :evil:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:13 pm

carlccfc wrote:Has anyone got one and if so what are your thoughts.

I got the 500gb being delivered tomorrow with the promise of one of the USB ports being activated so I can use my wireless keyboard for browsing the net and not having to use the remote to do so.

Worst update ever!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:14 pm

I have been holding back on getting a Tivo as according to some of the blogs I have read the SD picture is not as good as the V+Box. :( There is a load to read on the the VM Blog at http://vmhd.blogspot.com
Good luck with the TIVO and let us know what its like. :thumbup:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:48 pm

Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between Sky?

Is it cheaper? How much are the initial set up costs?

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:35 pm

I got rid of sky a couple of months back and got bt vision+ instead.

Everyone here loves it, you get all the freeview channels plus more if you can pick them up
plus you get 24hr access to an online database (wirelesslly connected) which includes films, tv shows,
kids stuff, music, classic sport events and loads more and its a lot cheaper.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:49 pm

I got one but i dont no what the thing does but her in doors says its good

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:17 pm

To be honest carl i have had mine a month and find it difficult to use and as a supposed step forward it is worse than the v+ box. Recording capacity thumbs up, everything else nothing special.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:20 pm

For most people, the Sky+ HD box is the most worthwhile, simply because has such a wide range of HD channels available.

When it comes down to it, how many hours of TV do you really need to save?

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:41 pm

I would go for it carl I work for virgin and ive been installing quite a lot of them recently shame u did say earlier could have put u on friends and family half price lol

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Waste of f*cking money!!

I pay £130 a year tv licence! £95 a month for virgin services £10 a month for boys virgin blackberry, £50 installation fee for hd box that looks like a fugly VHS recorder! £30 setup fee for a 30Meg broadband modem router hub, and the fuckers still want another £150 for one of those new boxes - they can go stick a rusty fork up their arses the robbing bastards!!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:56 pm

After the £150 installation fee is it anymore expensive per month?

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:After the £150 installation fee is it anymore expensive per month?

I have had it for free and no installation cost but pay £3 extra a month Luke :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 pm

Merlin wrote:Waste of f*cking money!!

I pay £130 a year tv licence! £95 a month for virgin services £10 a month for boys virgin blackberry, £50 installation fee for hd box that looks like a fugly VHS recorder! £30 setup fee for a 30Meg broadband modem router hub, and the fuckers still want another £150 for one of those new boxes - they can go stick a rusty fork up their arses the robbing bastards!!!!

lol We can take that as a thumbs down from camelot then merlin.
actually camelot is quite good but where has your beard gone?