Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: KENNY MILLER MEDICAL LATEST

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Wayne S wrote:If the wages are as high as mentioned surely this is the end of any Bellamy interest.

Not at all Wayne :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:57 pm

great news,

well happy with this!!!

as it now my birthday in 5 mins , im going to crack open a can of bow!!

double celebration :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:great news,

well happy with this!!!

Happy Birthday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:09 pm

Kenny Miller is a brilliant signing for us. We need a proven goal scorer like Kenny in our team. Hopefully the deal gets confirmed tomorrow. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Anyone know what Miller's wages will be roughly?

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:11 pm

well happy with this!!!

Happy birthday mate, have a good one :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:11 pm

carlccfc wrote:

well happy with this!!!

Happy Birthday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

cheers carl... :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:16 pm

jaybothroyd wrote:Kenny Miller is a brilliant signing for us. We need a proven goal scorer like Kenny in our team. Hopefully the deal gets confirmed tomorrow. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It will :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Carl - What about players leaving? Any news?

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:22 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Carl - What about players leaving? Any news?

Parkin has signed for the Ninian pub team :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Cheers Carl for keeping us up to date with the Miller Medical :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:40 pm

carlccfc wrote:
mutt10 wrote:carl is it true that rangers made a another bid to sign kenny miller

no

And how do you know? i hope we have kenny miller in the bag, but how the f**k can you speculate (or even pretend to know ) what Rangers are doing?

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 pm

Things are looking up... Maybe not Premier league this year but def big chance next year

Carn the bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:06 am

aussie_bluebird wrote:Things are looking up... Maybe not Premier league this year but def big chance next year

Carn the bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So we've had playoffs for past 2years and dave jones is slagged off, yet everyone is fine with malcky just preparing us for next season.

Tell you who won't tolerate that... The malaysians. Premiership shit or bust when you've spent their millions into some tin pot championship team.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:42 am

stevee1966 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
mutt10 wrote:carl is it true that rangers made a another bid to sign kenny miller

no

And how do you know? i hope we have kenny miller in the bag, but how the f**k can you speculate (or even pretend to know ) what Rangers are doing?

I've only window shopped the board, and I actually decided to sign up to throw my opinion in and have a good ole laugh where I can, it's shame my first post has to be so bad lol.

From what I've read Carl has always been spot on with his news and he's had the gossip and chatter which is confirmed. Miller has agreed personal terms and had his medical, it's rather obvious Rangers won't bid for someone when that persons already signing up for a club. So before you jump the gun to criticising, use some common bloody sense!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:04 am

carlccfc wrote:
Wayne S wrote:If the wages are as high as mentioned surely this is the end of any Bellamy interest.

Not at all Wayne :ayatollah:

What about Goodwillie, Carl? Do you think Miller is a replacement for that possible signing?

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:22 am

Thanks Carl . :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:32 am

I'm more concerned with the reported fee than wages. Rangers sold him for £400,000 in January, the player didn't settle, played for four months yet we've seen fit to be prepared to pay double the amount Rangers sold him for. Pointless Malky picking up free transfer bargains if he goes nuts in spending over the top whenever a fee is involved.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:40 am

what fantastic news on a friday morning. Great signing :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:47 am

thanks carl just woke up to very good news.

I am greedy I no but I am craving the signing of craig bellemy but miller is good and I think he will give us added experience and he plays with lots of energy always on the move and scores goals good signing for us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

PS hello mr ozzy good news in it

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:50 am

it is mate, kiss has signed as well BRICKYBLUE WOOP WOOP

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:37 am

Cheers carl :-D
Its all piecing together now
:ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:00 am

emjay wrote:I'm more concerned with the reported fee than wages. Rangers sold him for £400,000 in January, the player didn't settle, played for four months yet we've seen fit to be prepared to pay double the amount Rangers sold him for. Pointless Malky picking up free transfer bargains if he goes nuts in spending over the top whenever a fee is involved.

Damned if you do. Damned if you dont. I hardly call splashing 800k on a proven striker "going nuts". :roll:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:17 am

Cheers Carl. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:29 am

polo wrote:
emjay wrote:I'm more concerned with the reported fee than wages. Rangers sold him for £400,000 in January, the player didn't settle, played for four months yet we've seen fit to be prepared to pay double the amount Rangers sold him for. Pointless Malky picking up free transfer bargains if he goes nuts in spending over the top whenever a fee is involved.

Damned if you do. Damned if you dont. I hardly call splashing 800k on a proven striker "going nuts". :roll:

So what would you call doubling his fee after 4 months of doing nowt.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:45 am

polo wrote:

So what would you call doubling his fee after 4 months of doing nowt.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:54 am

emjay wrote:So what would you call doubling his fee after 4 months of doing nowt.

Rangers were stupid to sell him for so little in the first place. His contract was running out, and they needed the money.

It's a different situation now. He has more time left on his contract, which is partly what we're paying for. Players always cost more when they still have some time left to go.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:16 am

this is a cracking signing , Miller is a intelligent footballer with a good work rate plus he scores goals could be the championship version of Carl Dale! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:48 am

bobbankbandit wrote:I just cant get enough, i just cant get enough.... I j u s t c a n t g e t e n o u g h de de de de de de de de de de de de de de de de de Kenny Miller.... de de de
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
love it . I hope we all get signing this :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:56 am

Rangers at the time were under extreme pressure from the bank who they had debts with to sell Miller on for a fee rather then lose him for nothing in the summer. I don't like Miller as a person, and I'm going to hate the fact he's a City player despite how good a striker he is, but I have to admit he is worth at least 1 mill imo, so I think it's a very good bit of business for Malky.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:05 am

jaybothroyd wrote:Kenny Miller is a brilliant signing for us. We need a proven goal scorer like Kenny in our team. Hopefully the deal gets confirmed tomorrow. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

According to TalkSports Scottish League expert Miller left Rangers in January because he wanted an improved contract which would have paid him £12k p/w and they were not willing to pay that.

Assuming that's what we have offered him it works out at just over half of what we were paying Chopra or a couple of grand more than Bothroyd was getting.