Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea Coastguard Petition

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:37 am

http://www.saveswanseacoastguard.co.uk/

All banter aside, the more people who sign this petition the better. The Swansea coastguard covers South Wales, the Bristol Channel and Devon, as things stand, all operations will be moved further away costing us the local knowledge and expertise that this coastguard station provides.

As I said, the more people who sign this the better and if we can put the football rivalry to one side for a minute, that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Re: Swansea Coastguard Petition

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:48 am

scotsjack wrote:http://www.saveswanseacoastguard.co.uk/

All banter aside, the more people who sign this petition the better. The Swansea coastguard covers South Wales, the Bristol Channel and Devon, as things stand, all operations will be moved further away costing us the local knowledge and expertise that this coastguard station provides.

As I said, the more people who sign this the better and if we can put the football rivalry to one side for a minute, that would be great.

Thanks in advance

done :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:51 am

Done.. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:58 am

Done.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:04 am

Cheers folks, I realise it is based in Swansea but this decision has a knock on effect on both cities.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:05 am

Done.

Good luck fella!

:ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:09 am

NOT DONE, let the jacks drown :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:12 am

Done

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:14 am

Ben wrote:NOT DONE, let the jacks drown :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

it wouldnt be just the jacks you idiot, he said it covers parts of the south west england coast..grow up mun

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:24 am

All done

My Dad is in Port Talbot coastguard, 35 years this year :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:28 am

It covers Cardiff as well Ben...

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:31 am

Let the jacks down,you soft tw*t,how many people from your city visit our stunning beaches in the gower,and other parts of swansea bay and the bristol channel.I wonder how many kids from your city have come unstuck thanks to thes people.let's hope you never loose a child or get stuck in the future. What a knob.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:38 am

Would I be right in assuming that if you are successful it would probably be at the expense of the Milford Haven Lifeboat?

The original plan was to make Swansea a part time station and close Milford. They both asked for it to be reconsidered and they then shut Swansea and saved Milford.

We'll just be going round in circles.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:48 am

we have penarth lifeboat, we dont need you scummy scum, and if people go down to the shit tip swansea its thier own fault

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:52 am

Done! This is just another example of how the cuts are targeting the wrong areas.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:26 am

all done my family go to saundersfoot and tenby every year lovely place

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:41 am

Done. As has been mentioned, this is where the spending cuts are being implemented in the wrong areas.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:10 am

Wayne S wrote:Would I be right in assuming that if you are successful it would probably be at the expense of the Milford Haven Lifeboat?

The original plan was to make Swansea a part time station and close Milford. They both asked for it to be reconsidered and they then shut Swansea and saved Milford.

We'll just be going round in circles.

The decision to close Milford was announced around 6 months ago, in that time they organised their protests with the full backing of the Swansea coastguard service. Swansea was never considered for closure, then when they announced their findings in parlaiment, they announced that Swansea was closing with absolutely no warning at all.

There is now a 12 week consultancy period and the people of Milford are 100% behind this petition to save the Swansea coastguard. The main point being that Milford would be overstretched having to manage the West coast and the Bristol Channel, whereas the Swansea coastguard doesn't have the expertise that the Milford one does on the coast. As for going round in circles, you may well be right, I really don't know.

The worst thing with the u-turn was that Pembroke is covered by conservative representation, and Swansea is labour. The whole decision smacks of political gains being more important than common sense.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:12 am

Ben wrote:we have penarth lifeboat, we dont need you scummy scum, and if people go down to the shit tip swansea its thier own fault

Ben, without getting into a daft slanging match on an important issue, quick question for you. Which coastguard station do you think co-ordinates the Penarth Lifeboat?

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:18 am

Personally if I saw Ben in the water I would hit him with a boathook.
P.S. Im not a coastguard. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:19 am

Personally if I saw Ben in the water I would hit him with a boathook.
P.S. Im not a coastguard. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:36 am

Done :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:51 am

How STUPID are you :roll:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:59 am

Done and good luck. Ben some things really are more important than football, a coastguard if someones child is in danger is one of them :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:16 pm

Done :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:35 pm

Done :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:42 pm

signed it.THIS coalation government are crackers :old:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:44 pm

stickywicket wrote:signed it.THIS coalation government are crackers :old:

Just tell, Willy and General that. :roll:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:11 pm

DONE.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:20 pm

Ben wrote:we have penarth lifeboat, we dont need you scummy scum, and if people go down to the shit tip swansea its thier own fault

mate i mostly enjoy your posts but the lifeboat (RNLI) is a charity and they cannot work without the Coastguard, sign the petition lives depend on it.