Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Blakey says Miller can be a Bluebird King

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:07 am

From the Echo:

SCOTTISH international Kenny Miller will today be unveiled as a Bluebird.

The former Celtic and Rangers hitman has signed a long-term contract for Cardiff City and Miller’s former strike partner Nathan Blake said: “Kenny is a magnificent signing.”

Miller and a second new signing, Slovakian midfield player Filip Kiss, have committed to the Bluebirds after medicals which ended last night.

Miller and Blake played together for Wolves when they were promoted to the Premier League in 2003 – and both scored in the 3-0 play-off final win against Sheffield United at the Millennium Stadium.

“Kenny and I had such an understanding when we played together, it was fantastic,” said Blake. “We were flying the season before and then he broke a collarbone. That was a major factor in Wolves missing out on promotion that year.

“We had a good replacement in Dean Sturridge, but we never hit if off together. The following season Wolves did go up – and Kenny scored 26 goals. He has good pace, his touch is spot-on and he has an accurate shot. These days he has even more experience and that will be a plus. Kenny is exceptionally clever with his runs.

“I can’t wait to see Kenny, Earnie (Robert Earnshaw) and Whitts (Peter Whittingham) in the same Cardiff City team. That’s a great triangle of players to build on. He was among the top three strike partners I had during my playing career. Kenny is unselfish and a good man to have around the club. For me, he’ll fit in perfectly – on and off the pitch.”

Both Miller, 31, and Kiss, 20, signed for the Bluebirds yesterday and will be unveiled during a press conference at the Vale of Glamorgan training ground today. Cardiff have bought Miller from Turkish club Bursaspor for 1m, while Kiss joins City on loan from Slovan Bratislava in Slovakia.