Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Team of Captains & Leaders

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:29 am

A hugely encouraging factor in Malky's transfer dealings so far is the backbone of leaders & captains within our team.

On the field of play this year we could have numerous players who've worn the armband at various clubs and countries either at some point in their career, or more importantly recently.

We have Miller, Earnie, Cowie, Hudson, Gerrard, Gunnarsson, Mcnaughton, Mcphail, Kiss to name but a few. It goes without saying that this will aide Malky instill the level of mentality he demands within the squad quicker, and the invaluable experience & professionalism this will bring will be a major factor in our promotion push this season - imo.

The Malky revolution is very much underway, and I believe he's laying the foundations within his team to mount a serious challenge this year, not only to secure a good start to the campaign, but the personalities he has incorporated within the squad will ensure theres longevity to our promotion push. There will be a standard quickly set, not only by Malky but by the leaders within the team itself - this can only have hugely positive reprecussions for us.

Additionally, do we think Miller may take the armband now permanently off Hudson?

Re: Team of Captains & Leaders

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:52 am

thats one bit that im really excited about, with all due respect to the team last year, we did look a bit lost, driven and missed a killer instinct and last push

with captains and leaders of all ages and backgrounds im extremly excited and confident in our team. a team who can pick ourselves up when we go 1 down for once.

leadership skills are underated and in my opinion invaluable to a team !!

on miller as captain, i dont think so, well hudson will stay club captain atleast, team captain could be anyone as u said we have a team of leaders. its too soon to say and will only be decided from viewing the dressing room atmosphere. we can all guess but we wont know until malkay announces it

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:54 am

JonScam wrote:A hugely encouraging factor in Malky's transfer dealings so far is the backbone of leaders & captains within our team.

On the field of play this year we could have numerous players who've worn the armband at various clubs and countries either at some point in their career, or more importantly recently.

We have Miller, Earnie, Cowie, Hudson, Gerrard, Gunnarsson, Mcnaughton, Mcphail, Kiss to name but a few. It goes without saying that this will aide Malky instill the level of mentality he demands within the squad quicker, and the invaluable experience & professionalism this will bring will be a major factor in our promotion push this season - imo.

The Malky revolution is very much underway, and I believe he's laying the foundations within his team to mount a serious challenge this year, not only to secure a good start to the campaign, but the personalities he has incorporated within the squad will ensure theres longevity to our promotion push. There will be a standard quickly set, not only by Malky but by the leaders within the team itself - this can only have hugely positive reprecussions for us.

Additionally, do we think Miller may take the armband now permanently off Hudson?

Some good points there. I hope Huds keeps the armband for the moment at least. I like to see CB's control the team in front of them. Just my opinion.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:56 am

And they will nearly all still be contracted this time next year

16/1 to win the league nlw not looking so daft

If we get Bellamy im lumping on.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:51 pm

As we all know that a team i\consist of a captain and a leaders also, a team of captains and leaders make a team very strong and a team, it is necessary for all the people of the team to work as a team work to get success and to build a strong team.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Mafor wrote:And they will nearly all still be contracted this time next year

Its defo worth a punt mate imo...there is absolutely no reason why we cant do it

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Mafor wrote:And they will nearly all still be contracted this time next year

Its defo worth a punt mate imo...there is absolutely no reason why we cant do it