Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

British and proud...

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:17 am

...and Welsh and proud. The two go hand in hand for me.

Re: British and proud...

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:25 am

na just welsh 4 me fuk that not haveing a go tho jst stating my wa im pround of!!!! :D

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:26 am

not again :roll:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:30 am

recharding wrote:...and Welsh and proud. The two go hand in hand for me.

:ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:45 pm

British and proud both are related with each other, people related to the British emperor have this kind of guts, there always feel proud of them self and on their culture, Britisher are very proudly in ancient time, but now they are very friendly and nice nature.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:32 pm

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:34 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:38 pm

100% Bluebird
100% Welsh
100% British

Basically perfect!
300% Perfect apart from my maths.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:46 pm

CarmarthenBluebird wrote:100% Bluebird
100% Welsh
100% British

Basically perfect!

Technically you are right.

The Welsh are more 'British' than the English. The english are maily spawned from germanic Angles (germany/denmark area) and the Saxons.
The 'welsh' (old english name for enemy) are mainly from the Brythonic tribes - hence the name evolved to British. we fought the romans, the normans and the anles/saxons and mainly won f**k all but gained huge respect - thats why there are so many castles around wales - we are like the red indians of the island.

British nowadays means f**k all to me tho. (started most of the wars in the world before and after Hitler)

I have to say, I am 100% Welsh my friend :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:53 pm

eddiep wrote:
100% Welsh
100% British

Basically perfect!

The Welsh are more 'British' than the English. The english are maily spawned from germanic Angles (germany/denmark area) and the Saxons.
The 'welsh' (old english name for enemy) are mainly from the Brythonic tribes - hence the name evolved to British. we fought the romans, the normans and the anles/saxons and mainly won f**k all but gained huge respect - thats why there are so many castles around wales - we are like the red indians of the island.

British nowadays means f**k all to me tho. (started most of the wars in the world before and after Hitler)

Not quite correct - the English are primarily celts - the ones who stayed in England when the Angles & Saxons came over from Germany and dominated those who remained behind.

Some of the celts moved from England to Wales, e.g. the tribe who lived near the lake district. The Cymru (means friends / comrades) moved from what is now called Cumbria to Wales to give us our name of Cymru.

Wales and Welsh came from Walesic the Saxon word for foreigner.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:34 pm

WELSH and PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Welsh 75%
Irish 25%
= Welsh/Irish not British ;)

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Welsh 75%
Irish 25%
= Welsh/Irish not British ;)

50% Welsh
50% English

:cry: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:00 pm

i feel privileged to be cardiffian-welsh :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:13 pm

All a load of bollocks.

We all started from some bird in Africa that bred with an alien called Adam, its in THE book, the Bible (bibble?).

Many years later we have all this crap.

If Adam had used a nodder we wouldn't be here today, FACT!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:All a load of bollocks.

We all started from some bird in Africa that bred with an alien called Adam, its in THE book, the Bible (bibble?).

Many years later we have all this crap.

If Adam had used a nodder we wouldn't be here today, FACT!

:lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:54 pm

Griff wrote:
eddiep wrote:
100% Welsh
100% British

Basically perfect!

Not quite correct - the English are primarily celts - the ones who stayed in England when the Angles & Saxons came over from Germany and dominated those who remained behind.

Some of the celts moved from England to Wales, e.g. the tribe who lived near the lake district. The Cymru (means friends / comrades) moved from what is now called Cumbria to Wales to give us our name of Cymru.

Wales and Welsh came from Walesic the Saxon word for foreigner.

My comments were a generalisation on 'British'!
I know there were celts on the whole island mate, it was not called Wales/England and Scotland then. Bodicia (may not be correct spelling!) was from what they now call East anglia. We could go on about Cumbria, Cornwall and all the other Celtic parts of the island as well. The celts were tribal and some nomadic who had no offa's dyke or hadrians wall to border them - there would have been chiefdoms etc.

Your term 'Foreigner' or 'enemy' could be debated - the main thing though is:- where is the name England derived from?

My point being is:- To many welsh people today, the tag British does not sit comfortably. Even though - we are as British as anyone on this island.

100% Welsh is me!!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:18 pm

proud to be from Cardiff and Wales and if asked I say I am welsh but I am British and proud of that to. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:25 pm

I used to be proud to be British not anymore,we spend billions on wars (Iraq,Afghanistan,& Libya)when supposedly we havent got any money for education,health & the elderly.we got a couple of million people unemployed who get a pittance in allowances,yet the authorities give asylum seekers & their familes houses & benefits willy nilly ,they have never contributed anything in taxes etc,and its not just Camerons tories,Blair was even worse.I never used to like the French but they dont mess around like the British,they stood strong on the Burka issue,and when the workforce take strike action against the government they usually win,unlike the British

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:45 pm

100% Welsh first

The English, Scots and Irish aint so bad. We all seem to get on alright when
we're on holiday etc.

All together, we're not a bad bunch, and id sooner the English all day long to
the Pakistanis or Danes, horrible arrogant fuckers

But the Union Jack means nish to me

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:01 pm

taffyapple wrote:But the Union Jack means nish to me

Ditto!! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:08 pm

taffyapple wrote:100% Welsh first

we're on holiday etc.

What he said apart from the last bit.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Welsh baby...Welsh

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:37 pm

RV_Casual wrote:

we're on holiday etc.

I'm not mugging the flag off, but we're not on it.

we've got our own

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:45 pm

taffyapple wrote:
RV_Casual wrote:

we're on holiday etc.

I'm not mugging the flag off, but we're not on it.

we've got our own

I know what your saying Taffy and its hard to argue against to be honest.

Even though the flag is made up of the patron saints I would love to see a Dragon on there.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:47 pm

We should all be proud of being british,after all as the uk we fought most of the world at some stage,we owned most of it and we are respected for it,Europe does not like us but they all respect us.So yes we should all be proud of being british,but never forget your welsh.As a nation briton ruled the bigest empire the world has ever known,not england scotland wales but together and for the size of this island its somthing we shoud al be proud off.if you disagree type the british empire map on google and take a look at what we had.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:52 pm

swansealad69 wrote:We should all be proud of being british,after all as the uk we fought most of the world at some stage,we owned most of it and we are respected for it,Europe does not like us but they all respect us.So yes we should all be proud of being british,but never forget your welsh.As a nation briton ruled the bigest empire the world has ever known,not england scotland wales but together and for the size of this island its somthing we shoud al be proud off.if you disagree type the british empire map on google and take a look at what we had.

Despite all your idiotic posts previously. You're bang on the money with this one. :ayatollah: Not condoning imperialism, but the level of our dominance at one point was impressive.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:01 pm

In saying that,how things have changed.we own nothing and most of the world eather lives here or owns our industry and prized assets..how things change, :o

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:06 pm

How are they idioic? we just class are selfs as Welsh rather than British ? nothing wrong with that no taff in the union jack only reason i don't to support it we've all got different views.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:18 pm

swansealad69 wrote:We should all be proud of being british,after all as the uk we fought most of the world at some stage,we owned most of it and we are respected for it,Europe does not like us but they all respect us.So yes we should all be proud of being british,but never forget your welsh.As a nation briton ruled the bigest empire the world has ever known,not england scotland wales but together and for the size of this island its somthing we shoud al be proud off.if you disagree type the british empire map on google and take a look at what we had.

What a feckin eejit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: