Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: British and proud...

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:19 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:We should all be proud of being british,after all as the uk we fought most of the world at some stage,we owned most of it and we are respected for it,Europe does not like us but they all respect us.So yes we should all be proud of being british,but never forget your welsh.As a nation briton ruled the bigest empire the world has ever known,not england scotland wales but together and for the size of this island its somthing we shoud al be proud off.if you disagree type the british empire map on google and take a look at what we had.

Despite all your idiotic posts previously. You're bang on the money with this one. :ayatollah: Not condoning imperialism, but the level of our dominance at one point was impressive.

Typical Hun warmonger :lol: :lol: :lol: :old:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:25 pm

British by birth.

Welsh by the grace of God.

Cardiffian and proud...

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:50 pm

born & raised in Germany
100% Bluebird/Cardiffian now
could never take British citizenship tho, but give me a WELSH passport any day...

Cymru am byth, Y Ddraig Goch Ddyry gychwyn... :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:01 pm

swansealad69 wrote:We should all be proud of being british,after all as the uk we fought most of the world at some stage,we owned most of it and we are respected for it,Europe does not like us but they all respect us.So yes we should all be proud of being british,but never forget your welsh.As a nation briton ruled the bigest empire the world has ever known,not england scotland wales but together and for the size of this island its somthing we shoud al be proud off.if you disagree type the british empire map on google and take a look at what we had.

Its because we ruled the world that we in such a f*cking mess now.If there were no British rule in India we wouldnt have them & the Pakistanis taking over our once GREAT Britain

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:56 pm

Welsh NOT British...

Republic of Wales :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:17 am

i totally agree,i'm british,cardiffian and rangers.hoppo

Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:33 am

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:03 am

If I was Welsh, I would fully support that statement.... :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:49 am

Anarch0 wrote:Welsh NOT British...

Republic of Wales :ayatollah:

The reason all us folk are on this board with differing political opinion is Cardiff City and that for all will never change. With reagrd to your 'Republic of Wales', would you be happy to play TNS, Airbus and all them made up clubs in your 'Republic of Wales' premier league? I wouldn't that's for sure.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:52 am

Never felt British, sorry!

Made in Wales. Welsh only.

Never believed in a UK

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:19 am

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:

Despite all your idiotic posts previously. You're bang on the money with this one. :ayatollah: Not condoning imperialism, but the level of our dominance at one point was impressive.

calling us huns :lol: thats great coming from german collaborators

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:21 am

The british empire was not something to be proud of :evil:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:25 am

Every one to ther own feelings,but every one in wales has had some one touched by the two world wars,both our city were distroyed by the germans and every city town and village has a monument to dead of the wars and others fought over the years.Its a unique country we have with deep and proud but different culture,but we are a nation and even at this time welsh english and scotish lads are at war dieing side by side.Yes thers a lot of history in our 3 countrys but ask your self this if we were all single nations how would we have defeated the every foreign invadar to our shores.Just a thought you know but do you feel the hair on your back when you watch movies when the british beat the shit out of the french germans and the zolo,s?ie master and commander, battle of britan,and of course zolo who were british not just welsh.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:29 am

swansealad69 wrote:zolo

Is that a new tribe :lol:

Can't imagine Birmingham striking fear into the hearts of others running down the road shouting Zolo Zolo Zolo - it just doesn't have the same ring to it! :shock:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:52 am

I'm useing a phone mate and I'm use to text talk,but you know what I mean.bit picky aren't you.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:16 am

swansealad69 wrote:Every one to ther own feelings,but every one in wales has had some one touched by the two world wars,both our city were distroyed by the germans and every city town and village has a monument to dead of the wars and others fought over the years.Its a unique country we have with deep and proud but different culture,but we are a nation and even at this time welsh english and scotish lads are at war dieing side by side.Yes thers a lot of history in our 3 countrys but ask your self this if we were all single nations how would we have defeated the every foreign invadar to our shores.Just a thought you know but do you feel the hair on your back when you watch movies when the british beat the shit out of the french germans and the zolo,s?ie master and commander, battle of britan,and of course zolo who were british not just welsh.

....and how many years has it been since the English invaded and DOMINATED us?

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:24 am

Whether u like it or not, if u were born in wales/england/scotland/n ireland u are british

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:51 am

swansealad69 wrote:I'm useing a phone mate and I'm use to text talk,but you know what I mean.bit picky aren't you.

So in text talk Zulu is abbreviated to Zolo - I'll keep that in mind :lol:

Only having a laugh with you mate - I dont give a f**k :D

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:57 am

let me see, you state Wales is a part of Britain...
...but wait Britain is a part of Europe

being welsh means being british means being european...

never seen a "European and pround" thread on here tho? ;)

where are those proud righ wing Europeans then? :lol:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:05 am

01443casual wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:zolo

Is that a new tribe :lol:

Can't imagine Birmingham striking fear into the hearts of others running down the road shouting Zolo Zolo Zolo - it just doesn't have the same ring to it! :shock:

Fair play mate,you just made me spit my drink out reading that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Political, discussing the emotions encountered by a Brit who feels their current government and history places them in an uneasy position of shame that they must carry despite not being directly linked with the actions. What it feels like to be a misrepresented person from the nation that profitted so massivley from human enslavement, control and suffering and still (at the time and now) makes it's business by exploiting the third world and it's nearest neighbour, the Republic of ireland, through military might. A most poignant song when considering Britains position in the Middle East today. Oh, and the drums sound sweet. Hang around till 4:07 and it all goes nuts! Brilliant music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyd_yuTxc94

Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:18 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

calling us huns :lol: thats great coming from german collaborators

Lolololol funny joke.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:32 pm

British to me means bowler hat, greed, imperialism and arrogance.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but how can any welsh person feel equal when we dont even have our language classed as a British language.

They spend more money on hindi, punjabi, arabic and mandrin etc and teaching foreigners to speak english - yet the second language of Britian is critised and politicised but not respected.

In Switzerland, they have 5 official languages, Belgium 2, India 5 and even the US teaches spanish to reflect the people in the southern states.

To feel British, I'd need to feel part of Britain - not an illiterate, sheepshagging rugby playing miner who lives in a backwater with no electricity- which I generallly have had to put up with by George Cross waving British though my working life around this island.

Don't think of chip on my shoulder etc as i have not, as I've also met decent people too.

Britain should stop messing around in other peoples countries and start respecting its own people - then, there may be a Britain.

Cardiff City and Proud!

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:07 pm

[quote="Johnny Rythmn"]Political, discussing the emotions encountered by a Brit who feels their current government and history places them in an uneasy position of shame that they must carry despite not being directly linked with the actions. What it feels like to be a misrepresented person from the nation that profitted so massivley from human enslavement, control and suffering and still (at the time and now) makes it's business by exploiting the third world and it's nearest neighbour, the Republic of ireland, through military might. A most poignant song when considering Britains position in the Middle East today. Oh, and the drums sound sweet. Hang around till 4:07 and it all goes nuts! Brilliant music

Funny how you move straight on to Ireland and totally neglect the fact that
Wales was also shit on and exploited by Englands Military Might.

Then in WWII when Welsh lads were fighting the Nazis...

Ireland were collaborating with them

Are you Welsh or Irish?

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:10 pm

WWI the irish collaborated with Germany, WWII is a myth...

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:24 pm

Hofmeister wrote:WWI the irish collaborated with Germany, WWII is a myth...

Not quite a myth

Ireland did not even recognise it as a war and christened it "The Emergency"

Ireland signed the book of condolences on Adolf Hitlers death, this AFTER details
of Auchwitz and the other concentration camps had been released

ireland have since made an official apology for its anti-semetic stance during the war.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:30 pm

never heard of anything like that before, mate...

you sure it wasnt a war propaganda fairytale, like so many on both sides?

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Hofmeister wrote:never heard of anything like that before, mate...

you sure it wasnt a war propaganda fairytale, like so many on both sides?

All true.

I'm not all that arsed to be honest, I like the Irish. But their official stance that
WWII was not even a war leaves a bad taste, particularly as so many died

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:36 pm

World War II, neutrality, and "The Emergency"

The state was nominally neutral during World War II, a period known within the state as the "Emergency", though behind the scenes it worked closely with the Allies; for example the date of the D-Day Normandy landings was decided on the basis of transatlantic weather reports supplied by the Irish state. It is estimated that about 100,000 men from Ireland took part, with that number roughly evenly divided between Northern Ireland and the southern state. Tens of thousands more men who enlisted in Britain also gave next-of-kin addresses in Ireland, so the true figure is much higher. Conversely, following the suicide of Adolf Hitler, de Valera, following diplomatic protocol, controversially offered condolences to the German ambassador. The state's decision to adopt neutrality was influenced by memories of the Anglo-Irish War and the Civil War, and the state's lack of military preparedness for involvement in a war.

taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Republic_of_Ireland#World_War_II.2C_neutrality.2C_and_.22The_Emergency.22

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:41 pm

I am welsh and British, we need to f*cking bin this Neanderthal crap and get real.
Union jacks should go along side the welsh dragon, most of our team that we support
Are not f*cking welsh - but British. I'm Cardiff not f*cking scum sea tho! :lol: :ayatollah: