Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: British and proud...

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:42 pm

Hofmeister wrote:never heard of anything like that before, mate...

you sure it wasnt a war propaganda fairytale, like so many on both sides?

there are may stories of different ways the irish collaberated with the nazis including safe areas for u boats

but there are facts such as harbouring nazis, refusing entry to jews

also inturned german pilots had a bit of the craic in oirland

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:48 pm

there were def. no safe areas for Uboats...I studied the Uboat war in WWII and had interviews with ex-Uboat lads, one of em was my great-uncle...

I dont say that some Irish had sympathy with germany than (be friendly with the country that is at war with ur own enemy), but I have more than enough knowledge about WWII to say that Ireland didnt help the Nazis then...and I think you know my stance when it comes to the 3rd Reich...

WWI was different, germany supplied weapons and ammunition, but WWII storys bout that are propaganda or just speculation

Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Hofmeister wrote:there were def. no safe areas for Uboats...I studied the Uboat war in WWII and had interviews with ex-Uboat lads, one of em was my great-uncle...

I dont say that some Irish had sympathy with germany than (be friendly with the country that is at war with ur own enemy), but I have more than enough knowledge about WWII to say that Ireland didnt help the Nazis then...and I think you know my stance when it comes to the 3rd Reich...

WWI was different, germany supplied weapons and ammunition, but WWII storys bout that are propaganda or just speculation

hof mate i only said that the u boats were stories but the second part was fact

after the two wars rangers fans called celtic fans HUNS due to the ira leanings toward the germans, long before the term was used the other was around

it has to be pointed out that the sympathy with the germans in both world wars was only with the republicans and not decent irish people many who served with the british armed forces